Gay Marriage, Freedom of Speech and Chicken Sandwiches

DAS

Saying that homosexuality is in our DNA is saying that it is genetic. And genetics are passed down through the family. Now, if somebody is born with "gay genetics" than it would have to be passed down through the genes of the parents, grandparents, etc. So far, I haven't seen any gay couple have a baby and passed down their genes with it.

The arguement that people are born homosexual is complete horseshit. There is NO scientific evidence to back this claim up.

If people were born homosexual then what explains identical twins? There HAVE been scientific studies done on twins. Almost NEVER are both homosexual. They have the same genetics. How are we going to explain this one?

Have you supported your local Chick-Fil-A today?

Nah, I decided to make a huge pot of ham hocks and navy beans, with bacon onion cornbread. Much better than Chick-fil-Hate, and none of it is deep fried. Besides, if I want a chicken sandwich that bad, Hardee's makes a great chicken tender sandwich, and Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich isn't bad. I could also make my own at home, by breading and frying a chicken breast, buttering and toasting a hamburger bun, and slapping some pickles on it. That's a bit too much work though, and it's too hot to drag out the deep fryer.

Doesn't she have you on ignore?

Go check my Repartee thread - it appears that I've joined the club :thumbsup:

She needs not use the ignore tool when she can simply accomplish the feat on her own. I almost fell over that she answered me yesterday. And it was far more civil than I usually get.

Well Rick, when you decide to be decent, you get treated decently. I treat people the way they treat me. Give me hell, I'm going to give it right back. Be nice, I'm nice in return. That's usually how it works.

I was nice enough to welcome you back was I not? Well, I actually took your side on this thread. Later. Off to PT

Are you all seeing the insane amount of business Chik-Fil-A is doing today? This whole ordeal has wound up being better than any marketing campaign. I bet the Burger King is wishing he'd done the interview instead.

Are you all seeing the insane amount of business Chik-Fil-A is doing today?

Well according to redrum nobody is showing anything so not to offend anyone.....:rolleyes:

I was driving past a bunch of restaurants earlier and then everyone stopped, we had to go into the opposite lane to get around the stopped cars and I was wondering, what in the world is going on....it was the drive-thru at c.f.a!

I think this is the biggest boycott failure in history. I don't remember the last time a boycott HELPED the business being boycotted. I never imagined a backlash to the anti-Chick-Fil-A buzz this big. It's like the Black Friday of chicken sandwiches.

I think this is the biggest boycott failure in history. I don't remember the last time a boycott HELPED the business being boycotted. I never imagined a backlash to the anti-Chick-Fil-A buzz this big. It's like the Black Friday of chicken sandwiches.

If I'm not mistaken, today is not a boycott but a call out for support. Friday should be interesting though.....

Yes, yes you were, and that kindness did not go unnoticed.

Maybe there is hope for us after all Liz. If we can get along, then so can everyone else. So I will extend the olive branch if you will. Back to the topic of this thread, color me stupid but I do not know where the chicken sandwich gets thrown into such heated topics as gay marriage and freedom of speech? So somebody please enlighten me.

I don't think you can really get a good chicken sandwich.....

You are wrong! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, I tell ya!!!! <envision flying spittle>

:P

~~~~~~

wow... I go to check the 'next unread post' and this thread had 12 pages... :huh:B)

That was all (mostly) entertaining, a bit enlightening in spots, and it all stayed pretty civil.

Kinda reminds me of the old days... so where's Klu AND GFH?

~~~~~~

As for Chick-fil-A... the turnout in support of them was enormous, as you might expect in Alabama, and there's been quite a bit of coverage from the media on it, as you might expect in Alabama. This morning, on the 5 am newscast, at the end where the folks chitchat for several seconds or a minute... the weather guy said 'don't forget to go to Chick-fil-A' (or very close to that) and they closed out with talking a bit about folks going there to show support. I went back to sleep.

Maybe there is hope for us after all Liz. If we can get along, then so can everyone else. So I will extend the olive branch if you will. Back to the topic of this thread, color me stupid but I do not know where the chicken sandwich gets thrown into such heated topics as gay marriage and freedom of speech? So somebody please enlighten me.

From Snopes.com:

Chick Fil-A has been the subject of political controversy due to it's WinShape Foundation, a charitable endeavor founded by S. Truett Cathy, and his wife Jeanette, which critics contend has evidenced a bias in the Chick Fil-A company by donating millions of dollars to groups with anti-gay agendas.

What really caused the current situation to escalate was an interview the Baptist Press did with Cathy's son, Dan Cathy (chief operating officer of Chick Fil-A) last month in which he further expounded on the subject.

To learn more, click here.

You are wrong! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, I tell ya!!!! <envision flying spittle>

:P

** wipes spittle from face**. What I really meant to say was Did God invent the chicken sandwich. He invented marriage after all

Archived