BATMAN!

CassieCros13

Didn't like the way catwoman screwed him over, but I was never familiar with that part of the story either...

Anne Hathaway(Catwoman) was one of my favourite parts of the movie...she and Joseph Gordon-Levitt gave the movie some young blood, some perkiness, and in the case of Anne Hathaway, some levity and sex appeal. Her ambiguity, the way you're never sure if she's on Batman's side is the point of her character.

I know at least 3 people who said they fell asleep during the first half. Anyone else?

Nope. Not one person I've seen the film with fell asleep. But I would advise not seeing TDKR after a long day's work. It is 2 hours and 45 minutes long, so you want to go in fresh.

As far as I'm concerned, the slow parts and story threads in the beginning pay off in the second half, so that the ending packs a wallop emotionally. More so than most superhero movies.

I know at least 3 people who said they fell asleep during the first half. Anyone else?

I did too, they could of just removed the first half of the movie and it would of still been amazing, and even better since it wouldn't have been so dang long. Three hours, and at least the first hour could of been taken out.

I'm 14, and I think I wouldve liked it less if it was shorter. I guess I just like all the details and stuff.

Good for you! You give me hope that not everyone in today's generation is an instant gratification addict.

I really don't understand people who seem to be in such a rush for a movie to be over before it has even started. You paid money for a ticket...sit back and relax and let the movie flow. Do these people jump immediately to the last chapter of a book to get it over with?

Action movies that are nothing but a series of action scenes end up as nothing but 'white noise'. If there's no character development and quiet dialogue scenes to build narrative, then the action has no impact or emotional weight, for we don't care what happens to the characters or why...it's just random and gratuitous violence.

You might as well have stayed home and played a video game.

One of the complaints I often hear after Quentin Tarantino or Christopher Nolan movies is there was too much dialogue and it should have been shorter and all action. Which reminds me of that SNL skit: 'Short-attention-span Theatre'.

Well, I'm glad QT and Nolan don't sacrifice dialogue for CGI...mercifully they don't make movies like Michael Bay or Joel Schumacher. Could you imagine those guys getting their hands on "Lawrence of Arabia", "Casablanca", or "The Man Who Would Be King"?

Good for you! You give me hope that not everyone in today's generation is an instant gratification addict.

I really don't understand people who seem to be in such a rush for a movie to be over before it has even started. You paid money for a ticket...sit back and relax and let the movie flow. Do these people jump immediately to the last chapter of a book to get it over with?

Action movies that are nothing but a series of action scenes end up as nothing but 'white noise'. If there's no character development and quiet dialogue scenes to build narrative, then the action has no impact or emotional weight, for we don't care what happens to the characters or why...it's just random and gratuitous violence.

You might as well have stayed home and played a video game.

One of the complaints I often hear after Quentin Tarantino or Christopher Nolan movies is there was too much dialogue and it should have been shorter and all action. Which reminds me of that SNL skit: 'Short-attention-span Theatre'.

Well, I'm glad QT and Nolan don't sacrifice dialogue for CGI...mercifully they don't make movies like Michael Bay or Joel Schumacher. Could you imagine those guys getting their hands on "Lawrence of Arabia", "Casablanca", or "The Man Who Would Be King"?

Well said. The reason why I found myself enjoying The Amazing Spiderman movie more than I thought I would was because there was more buildup and development than in the previous ones. If a movie just consisted of constant explosions and noise without a plot, might as well play a first person shooter game. Good point there, too.

I really enjoyed it.. Not quite as good of a storyline as The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledgers Joker was so incredible.

But, it was still excellent, if not a little long.

Effects wise, it was amazing. Christopher Nolan is a cut above pretty much anyone with visuals.

I also like that his movies aren't plastered with CGI. Not that there's anything wrong with that when a master like Peter Jackson is directing.

(By the way, the theater showed a preview of The Hobbit and it looks like it's going to be real good).

Anne Hathaway was excellent and looks wise, she rivaled the sexiest Catwoman of all time, Julie Newmar.

She (or the Producers) seemed to model her look after Newmar's.

• 3 months later...

Just curious if anyone out there is a fan of the animated Batman series that came out in the 90's. Got hooked on them a couple years ago, and eventually saw them all including the 2 hour Phantom movie. After being used to watching so many comedy cartoons like the Simpsons and Family Guy, the dark plots are fairly unique for an animated series. The story-lines also seem to stay fairly true to the original comic books.

Archived