guess where the movie quote comes from

the chase

Hmmm...redrum, the only movie I can think of from 1936 with a Mr. Chisholm in it is "Petrified Forest".

You got it. :^)

Another classic line from the film: 'This is Duke Mantee, the world famous killer, and he's hungry!'

One from the 60's....

'Fuck those fuckin' helicopters!'

• 1 month later...

^^^

Bless your Dutch heart, reswati. Thanks for finally answering my quotes. Yes, that and the other one were from Michael Powell's great "A Matter of Life and Death" aka in the U.S. as "Stairway to Heaven".

Now we're all caught up on this thread.

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants"

That's an easy one..."Once Upon A Time in the West"!

"I was tussling with the most dangerous animal in the world - a woman."

Goldfinger

" I set dinner on the dining room sideboard at 6. I clear up in the morning. I have breakfast for you at 9. I don't wait on people. I don't stay after I set out the dinner, not after it begins to get dark. I leave before the dark."

• 2 weeks later...

House on Haunted Hill

The house used in "House on Haunted Hill" is the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Ennis House in the Los Feliz area of Hollywood. Only the exterior matches the real house...the interior shots were a Hollywood creation. Movie and architecture buffs will recognize the house in "Blade Runner", too.

Sue...you forgot to provide the next quote to guess, so I'll leave one:

"She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother."

Archived