New premier league football season starts on Saturday!

joe (Liverpool)

Strider - I couldn't possibly sing the rest of the bonfire song. It's a Manchester United song and not in a very friendly way towards the scousers ( especially Liverpool) and to the shite over the other side of Manchester. And MM is a Man United supporter

You may find that Robert instigated the Never Walk Alone at Knebworth. If you listen very carefully to the tape I am sure it's RP who starts singing it. Maybe others here may or may not agree.

Strider - I couldn't possibly sing the rest of the bonfire song. It's a Manchester United song and not in a very friendly way towards the scousers ( especially Liverpool) and to the shite over the other side of Manchester. And MM is a Man United supporter

You may find that Robert instigated the Never Walk Alone at Knebworth. If you listen very carefully to the tape I am sure it's RP who starts singing it. Maybe others here may or may not agree.

Put it this way Pink Floyd used in on "Meddle" on Fearless, nevertheless they are a shit football team and their so called supporters are even worse, and I used to watch Everton when they were at home and the following week I would watch the red shite, so I know what I am talking about, as far as Liverpool and Everton are concerned.

RVP deal confirmed. HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!! :hurrah:

Enjoy the trophy Shiteh, and keep it nice & shiny for us. You won't be seeing it again for a loooong time :yay:

Great signing for us but to be honest Nick we could do with a central midfield player and a defender. But what a front 2. RVP and the fat boy. In fact Fatman and Robin

RVP signs for United on a cool £1m a month. :wtf: This is getting seriously out of hand. He says "It's an honour to sign for such a great club". I for one do not want any part of this. It's a joke. If it's such an honour mate how about doing it for half that and give the rest to a charity? Along with some fat wankers winning £146m on the lottery I can't wait for 21/12/2012. :thumbdown:

Woohoo! ESPN is playing the Aresenal-Sunderland game.

I became an Arsenal fan simply because I was tired of Americans mindlessly joining the Man U bandwagon just because either Beckham played for the team or that they are famous. Plus, I have actually been to London and respect the history of the club.

Woohoo! ESPN is playing the Aresenal-Sunderland game.

I became an Arsenal fan simply because I was tired of Americans mindlessly joining the Man U bandwagon just because either Beckham played for the team or that they are famous. Plus, I have actually been to London and respect the history of the club.

Marvellous choice, Melanie! :)

Yes, I'm pleased they're back. But I can think of a former member who will be even happier :whistling::wave:

I'm always fascinated about how foreign fans choose their clubs, especially when (with all due respect) it's not one of the bigger clubs. How did you choose the Hammers?

My Dad had a mate who was from London and was a big Hammers fan, so in turn he's a Hammers fan which made me one. Everyone else here supports Arsenal/Man Utd/Man City just because they win and have the big name players.

On the topic of West Ham, I've actually got a supporters scarf that my old man got when he was in London in 1980 which I think is pretty sweet. 25 to go against Villa and the boys are 1-0 up, hope they can bring it home.

I had to rouse myself at 7am to catch the start of Liverpool vs. WBA...it's now 2-0 in favour of the West Brommies, so I'm glad I gave up sleep for this. Not.

At least you can watch it live, I've stayed up and then saw that the coverage of the west ham game is delayed because of motogp qualifying or something. I'm stuck with live updates. 4am over on my part of the globe lol.

^^^

So are you waiting to watch the delayed broadcast or keeping tabs on the score via updates? I don't want to spoil the day for you by giving away the result before you know it.

Liverpool took a 3- nil pasting from West Bromwich Albion...Liverpool playing much of the 2nd a man down after Daniel Agger was sent off.

Blah blah blah. Totally uninspiring start of the season.

For much of the game Liverpool were dire, absolutely abysmal. they deserved to lose, West Brom deserved to win. The blame lies as much with the players (I hesitate to say team) as it does with Manager Brendan Rodgers. His decision to even have Joe Cole on the bench considering he has a hamstring injury is a real worry that this is a sign of things to come.

Then there's Donkey Carroll who does'nt even want to be there with his half arsed efforts who has to be played as some sort of face saving exercise because of the ridiculous ammount of money Liverpool gave Newcastle for him.

Plus even though the financial rewards are good, they may have too many games this season with their Euro Leauge participation. So the sooner they get knocked out the better so the concentration is on what is really important, The Premiership.

So fuck the League Cup, fuck the FA Cup, A top four finnish should be the goal for this season for at least a Champions Leauge spot.

The top four will need to be tight, no more than six or seven points between them at the end of the season for Liverpool (if they get that far, which I doubt) to have any chance of making further progress. Otherwise if Liverpool don't manage to find and sustain the strengh to make the fourth spot on as many points as possible, there will be no point in getting that Champions League place. Which they won't anyway.

An eigth or ninth league place finnish is the most likeley outcome for this season. And Brendan Rodgers sacked by November.

:hysterical:

What kind of a sport plays all 12 months of the year? What is the true championship of soccer? The World Cup IMO. If you compare the games there really is no comparison. Our game is far more complex and it takes far more strategy to play. Soccer can be quite boring.

Real football starts in September. Its called the National Football League. You know. Bills, Cowboys, Rams, Raiders,. Dolphins, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Vikings, Lions, Colts, etc.

Real Football my elbow. More like ape like pussies in safety padding that can't play for more than a few seconds without stopping to catch a breath.

What kind of a sport plays all 12 months of the year? What is the true championship of soccer? The World Cup IMO. If you compare the games there really is no comparison. Our game is far more complex and it takes far more strategy to play. Soccer can be quite boring.

As I said to you last week, "It's a culture thing. If you were born in the UK and had strong ties to a team you'd most likely think the exact opposite.

I find with most sports you actually have to care about the outcome or otherwise, yes, it will be boring. For instance, I'm a big fan of F1, but I couldn't watch those cars go round the track for 1 hour 45 minutes if I didn't care who was gonna win."

To which you replied, "Dont get me wrong Ady, I like soccer."

And the domestic football season is from August to May.

You are right that there is no comparison Soccer as you keep calling it (only americans do so) is not called the Worlds Most Beautiful Game for nothing. Boring it most certainly is not.

Archived