BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

The bites are great, I actually like them better than the big ones. As for the soft-baked, I found them very bland. 

Thanks, Sath, will check out the bites!  Yeah, the soft baked did not look appealing to me, good to know I'm not missing out on anything. ;)

If you can find this at your grocery store, I highly recommend it. I've been frustrated at the high price and toughness of steaks lately - but these marinated beef tenderloins are all juicy, flavorful, and $7.50 a pound. Also comes in Teriyaki flavor - Great on the BBQ!

If you can find this at your grocery store, I highly recommend it. I've been frustrated at the high price and toughness of steaks lately - but these marinated beef tenderloins are all juicy, flavorful, and $7.50 a pound. Also comes in Teriyaki flavor - Great on the BBQ!

Something seems to have gotten lost in translation jimmie ray. Was this at a particular butcher or from a specific local meat supplier? I generally do my own dry rubs and marinades.

Edited by Strider

Sorry about that, I frequently have issues with posting pictures or quoting people - the administration says it's probably the server the pc is on.

It's a Frierich product - comes vacuum packed, so the expiration can be weeks away. Comes in handy for a grilling choice when no plans were made.

Normally, I do everything fresh and from scratch, too. But I noticed many people here get takeout or prepared foods - so I thought this would be appealing.

I already have two co-workers who can't find this at their store, so I've been buying these for them.

Sorry about that, I frequently have issues with posting pictures or quoting people - the administration says it's probably the server the pc is on.

It's a Frierich product - comes vacuum packed, so the expiration can be weeks away. Comes in handy for a grilling choice when no plans were made.

Normally, I do everything fresh and from scratch, too. But I noticed many people here get takeout or prepared foods - so I thought this would be appealing.

I already have two co-workers who can't find this at their store, so I've been buying these for them.

What type of marinade do they use and how thick are the cuts?

Edited by Strider

What type of marinade do they use and how thick are the cuts?

I like the Bourbon and Teriyaki marinates. There's another one, "Steakhouse" or something like that, which is too peppery. The packages are usually 2 pounds, and have 2 tenderloins in them. About 3" thick, and a foot long. Definitely feeds 2. Leftovers make great sandwiches, also. I found these at Stop and Shop.

To celebrate my dad's birthday last weekend, I had my first taste of Teacher's Highland Cream. I have come across plenty of rave reviews about this particular brand of Scotch and being a whiskey enthusiast (don't worry, CP - I will be adhering to the spelling conventions in the next couple of sentences ;)), I had to check it out for myself. I'm afraid that the whisky itself was a bit of a let down.

Getting down to it, here's what I liked:

1. Sharp acidic taste (especially during the 1st taste)

2. Detection of a very spicy flavour (especially on putting a couple of drops of water into the whisky to accentuate the flavours)

3. A smattering of honey

The biggest let down for me, was the after taste! After tasting honey and spices (such as Cinnamon), I was not at all thrilled to be tasting what seemed like cold, leftover tea coupled with ample amounts of artificial sweetener! <_<

After doing some searching on the internet, I came across quite a few disgruntled whisky enthusiasts (who were previously fans of 'Teacher's'), emphasizing that 'Teacher's Highland Cream' isn't the same as it used to be, citing major differences in quality during the past couple of years, driven by changes in the production process. Can't say that I disagree with them! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

:P

image.thumb.jpeg.8fd2d41f28695f4bac92d40

THAT is epic, Dd! :hysterical: 

This principle holds even in the case of wine and spirits! :shifty:

While I took the time and trouble to conscientiously photograph my bottles of Jack Daniel's and Black and White Scotch whisky, I just could not be bothered to photograph my bottle of Teacher's Highland Cream, as the taste of the whisky itself left a lot to be desired! 

To celebrate my dad's birthday last weekend, I had my first taste of Teacher's Highland Cream. I have come across plenty of rave reviews about this particular brand of Scotch and being a whiskey enthusiast (don't worry, CP - I will be adhering to the spelling conventions in the next couple of sentences ;)), I had to check it out for myself. I'm afraid that the whisky itself was a bit of a let down.

Getting down to it, here's what I liked:

1. Sharp acidic taste (especially during the 1st taste)

2. Detection of a very spicy flavour (especially on putting a couple of drops of water into the whisky to accentuate the flavours)

3. A smattering of honey

The biggest let down for me, was the after taste! After tasting honey and spices (such as Cinnamon), I was not at all thrilled to be tasting what seemed like cold, leftover tea coupled with ample amounts of artificial sweetener! <_<

After doing some searching on the internet, I came across quite a few disgruntled whisky enthusiasts (who were previously fans of 'Teacher's'), emphasizing that 'Teacher's Highland Cream' isn't the same as it used to be, citing major differences in quality during the past couple of years, driven by changes in the production process. Can't say that I disagree with them! 

Worries not Kiwi :)