BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

THAT is epic, Dd! :hysterical: 

This principle holds even in the case of wine and spirits! :shifty:

While I took the time and trouble to conscientiously photograph my bottles of Jack Daniel's and Black and White Scotch whisky, I just could not be bothered to photograph my bottle of Teacher's Highland Cream, as the taste of the whisky itself left a lot to be desired!  

:yesnod: It's that good = photograph-worthy!

He cried more, more, more. ;) 

For the record, stay away from the Finlaggan. It's like drinking turpentine. I was making a beer run for the game and I saw this bottle of Scotch on sale for $18. What the hell...I'll take a chance, even though I had never heard of Finlaggan before, although I do know about the Islay Scotch Whiskys. Now, I'm wishing I hadn't. Blechhh.

No age or distillery info on the label but it's obviously younger than 12 years. Most likely an 8-10 year old Lagavulin.

Edited by Strider

For the record, stay away from the Finlaggan. It's like drinking turpentine. I was making a beer run for the game and I saw this bottle of Scotch on sale for $18. What the hell...I'll take a chance, even though I had never heard of Finlaggan before, although I do know about the Islay Scotch Whiskys. Now, I'm wishing I hadn't. Blechhh.

No age or distillery info on the label but it's obviously younger than 12 years. Most likely an 8-10 year old Lagavulin.

Hi Strider :wave: 

Had I ventured into this thread a couple of hours earlier, I could have warned you about the rather infamous Scotch brand 'Finlaggan'. Darn it! I wish I had, to have prevented you from having such a lousy experience! :slapface: You see, in my quest to begin my exploration of single malts, I do scour the internet, searching for options and a couple of folks have warned people about this single malt, complaining that it is way too peaty for its own good (specifically terming this single malt as a 'peat monster'), in terms of tasting almost like a combination of coal and sulfur! :blink: I love my whisky to taste fresh and acidic, but I would really hate to taste coal in the mix! Excessively smokey whiskies, are sure not worth tasting. 

Hi Strider :wave: 

Had I ventured into this thread a couple of hours earlier, I could have warned you about the rather infamous Scotch brand 'Finlaggan'. Darn it! I wish I had, to have prevented you from having such a lousy experience! :slapface: You see, in my quest to begin my exploration of single malts, I do scour the internet, searching for options and a couple of folks have warned people about this single malt, complaining that it is way too peaty for its own good (specifically terming this single malt as a 'peat monster'), in terms of tasting almost like a combination of coal and sulfur! :blink: I love my whisky to taste fresh and acidic, but I would really hate to taste coal in the mix! Excessively smokey whiskies, are sure not worth tasting. 

Not to mention iodine.

You know, between the peat bog whiskys, the haggis, the impenetrable accents, and the even more impenetrable W/Cs in the pubs, I really do think the Scots are a breed apart...some alien life-form from the cosmos.

What say you, chillumpuffer?

• 2 weeks later...

Ritz crackers in the "Everything" flavor with pimento cheese spread.

I don't understand the "everything" bagel/cracker concept. Throwing every flavour in but the kitchen sink leads to no flavour at all but just a hodgepodge mishmash with all the flavours cancelling each other out...with the exception of the overriding flavour of SALT.

It's like the people who put a thousand items on their burger or salad plate. What's the point?

Edited by Strider

Have been away from the Kitchen recently as I've been sampling the Spanish food and wine (lots). So just checked the spice stock and have made a bumper stash of Thai red curry paste. Takes a while but it's worth the chopping and blending to make this spicy delight.

Lunch was a more serene Roast beef sanga with mayo and horseradish

Tonight will be a bubbling chicken casserole with Mediterranean breads to mop up the juices. A glass or 4 of a Barefoot Merlot from California which I won from a mate on the golf course on Monday. This apparently won a gold award at the "world famous" Denver International wine competition in 2014. Not usually a Merlot man I will see what it drinks like. eemmmm Denver? What is that city famous for? Get the skins out Mrs CP:D

^^^I recently made homemade hummus, too, and liked it much better than store bought. :)

Tonight, turnip greens from my dad's garden, rice, and grilled red fish.  Now, time for some Bama vs LSU fun.  Hope it is as exciting as the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game.  Wow, what a game!

image.thumb.jpg.9d2681ec5aa14802bbaf9ec2

^^^I recently made homemade hummus, too, and liked it much better than store bought. :)

Tonight, turnip greens from my dad's garden, rice, and grilled red fish.  Now, time for some Bama vs LSU fun.  Hope it is as exciting as the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game.  Wow, what a game!

You must love animals. That glass is adorable! :D

Nice. That is quite a ball of ice in that glass.