BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Interesting Kiwi but I believe the true spelling is whisky?

Hi CP! :wave:

I think the spelling depends on the country in which the whiskey is produced. I have really gotten used to spelling it as whiskey, as I got acquainted with American brands (such as Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam) first (damn yanks! :lol:), before getting acquainted with Scotch. Interestingly, it is spelled as whiskey even in Ireland! :D 

More about this quirky little aspect, here: http://www.whiskyforeveryone.com/whisky_basics/whisky_or_whiskey.html

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

If you have the chance, check out this place, it's very good with a nice bottle as well:

http://www.keltictours.ca/resources/Glenora Distillery located on the Ceilidh Trail.jpg

WOW! Gosh, Charles! That place looks so beautiful to say the least! So serene and peaceful! :wub: Many many many thanks for the recommendation! I am adding this distillery to my travel bucket list! :thumbsup: 

Interesting Kiwi but I believe the true spelling is whisky?

Yes, it is for that particular bottle Kiwi posted. Scotch and Canadian are whiskys. In America and Ireland they are called whiskeys. In short, if the place of origin has an 'e' then it is 'whiskey'. ;)

Yes, it is for that particular bottle Kiwi posted. Scotch and Canadian are whiskys. In America and Ireland they are called whiskeys. In short, if the place of origin has an 'e' then it is 'whiskey'. ;)

I didn't know that, Scotch is a very fussy hobby thing in fact, there have been legal cases issued over the word "Scotch" which I find amusing - I mean just drink the damn thing instead of fighting over the word Scotch.

You and Strider are amazing with your free for all food choices, no worries in the world.  Wish I had that kind of balls to just go for it

Here are some more free-for-all food choices, Charles...(if my browser stops fighting this new website design). ;)

Tibet Nepal House in Pasadena...Cheese Pakodas, Yak dumplings, Himalayan Tandoori chicken, potato pickle salad, Yak stew, Dhopzi bread, Taj Mahal beer.

20150916_192424.thumb.jpg.ef63badd9d0e8120150916_193553.thumb.jpg.3dc46bb41066fc

Poached eggs over grilled asparagus, greens, juice, etc.

20150913_095634.thumb.jpg.ea74f7ff1f34c6

Lobster roll, New England-style at Cousins Maine Lobster.

20150910_174228.thumb.jpg.b5d460b20466aa20150910_175255-1.thumb.jpg.193420e37f94

Salmon teriyaki bowl.

20150908_181408.thumb.jpg.52aaa48a3ccca1

There is finally a decent German place in Hollywood...with Happy Hour specials on litres of beer. :beer:

20150828_170926.thumb.jpg.f34bb11cd78424

Start with Bavarian pretzel, of course...with mustard and a spicy aioli.

20150828_170915.thumb.jpg.b71237afebba71Mint pea soup with wild rice.

20150828_170831.thumb.jpg.0fd566de77141bBlack Forest salad.

20150828_170845.thumb.jpg.e8b84c88497d0fApple streudel...better than any apple pie I have ever had.

20150828_175252.thumb.jpg.e923ce7b88833b

^^ I had to google that--I've eaten a lot of cookies, but never heard of them. 

oops, did I say cookie...I meant breakfast biscuit ;)  (But who am I kidding, they are sold on the cookie aisle).  Golden oat is my favorite...Belvita, coffee and a banana is a frequent breakfast of mine (as in every day).  :)

My best bet of the week is your Raiders Strider.  Its the AFC West Theory in our face.  Its like 90 percent over the last 30 years.  An AFC west team getting pts at home vs another AFC west team, take the team at home with the points.  I say the Raiders win outright

oops, did I say cookie...I meant breakfast biscuit ;)  (But who am I kidding, they are sold on the cookie aisle).  Golden oat is my favorite...Belvita, coffee and a banana is a frequent breakfast of mine (as in every day).  :)

I've seen those belVita Bites at the grocery but haven't tried them yet. They seem similar to those Quaker Oats breakfast bars.

My best bet of the week is your Raiders Strider.  Its the AFC West Theory in our face.  Its like 90 percent over the last 30 years.  An AFC west team getting pts at home vs another AFC west team, take the team at home with the points.  I say the Raiders win outright

I say old chap, aren't you in the wrong thread? Hehehe. Yes, I am aware of the AFC West Theory...hence, my betting the Raiders this week.

I've seen those belVita Bites at the grocery but haven't tried them yet. They seem similar to those Quaker Oats breakfast bars.

I say old chap, aren't you in the wrong thread? Hehehe. Yes, I am aware of the AFC West Theory...hence, my betting the Raiders this week.

Wow;  These meds are good

I haven't tried the Belvita Bites or soft baked biscuits.  I did try one of the look-a-likes, it may have been Quaker Oats.  It had a strange taste I couldn't get used to. 

The meals you posted look mighty tasty. Is the Cousins Maine Lobster a food truck?  Reminds me of something I saw on Shark Tank that looked really good.

I like the chocolate ones. :yesnod:

:D

The meals you posted look mighty tasty. Is the Cousins Maine Lobster a food truck?  Reminds me of something I saw on Shark Tank that looked really good.

Cousins Maine Lobster started as a food truck in 2011 by these cousins from Maine. After winning Best Food Truck in L.A. two years in a row, they opened a brick-and-mortar joint on Santa Monica Blvd. in WeHo. I want to try the Lobster Martini next time.

Edited by Strider

Cousins Maine Lobster started as a food truck in 2011 by these cousins from Maine. After winning Best Food Truck in L.A. two years in a row, they opened a brick-and-mortar joint on Santa Monica Blvd. in WeHo. I want to try the Lobster Martini next time.

Yes, that's who I saw on Shark Tank.  Glad to see their success continue to grow!

I haven't tried the Belvita Bites or soft baked biscuits.  I did try one of the look-a-likes, it may have been Quaker Oats.  It had a strange taste I couldn't get used to. 

The bites are great, I actually like them better than the big ones. As for the soft-baked, I found them very bland.