BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

:o Wonder what our US friends will make of that concoction? Never had a Cauliflower pizza. Funnily enough Cauli cheese and new potatoes are on the menu this evening.

Lunch today is Smoked Mackerel fillets and a crisp green salad

Actually CP, Cauliflower pizza has been around in the US for quite a while...at least here in Los Angeles, CA. I've seen it on the menu at several pizza joints and pubs and vegan restaurants. Not liking cauliflower, I haven't had the guts to try one yet.

Cheese on toast with mayo.

Come on, Emily, get in the spirit of the thread! What kind of cheese? What kind of toast? Homemade bread or store-bought?

Come on, Emily, get in the spirit of the thread! What kind of cheese? What kind of toast? Homemade bread or store-bought?

Well, Strider, the cheese that I used, was Danablu (I'm sure you know what that means! B)) and when it came to the bread, well, I didn't use any imagination there. It was store bought and oh, I forgot to mention a pretty quirky detail of the sandwich in my previous post. I crushed a pile of pringles (the flavour was sour cream and onion) and managed to fit it into the sandwich. It is a typical thing my grown-up son loves to do and the scamp has urged me to try it, again and again, so I gave in this time and the result, tasted surprisingly good! :P

Well, Strider, the cheese that I used, was Danablu (I'm sure you know what that means! B)) and when it came to the bread, well, I didn't use any imagination there. It was store bought and oh, I forgot to mention a pretty quirky detail of the sandwich in my previous post. I crushed a pile of pringles (the flavour was sour cream and onion) and managed to fit it into the sandwich. It is a typical thing my grown-up son loves to do and the scamp has urged me to try it, again and again, so I gave in this time and the result, tasted surprisingly good! :P

I do that to my tuna sandwiches sometimes...put a layer of potato chips on top and crunch them down with the top slice of bread. Gives the sandwich a nice crunch in every bite...and the flavour of the tuna and the chips mesh surprisingly well.

^^^It's so amusing to picture you finishing dinner just as I'm tucking into brekkie.

I had some leftover grilled asparagus from the other night, so I chopped it up and tossed it into an omelette along with some bacon and gruyère cheese. Some sliced oranges, cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries and blueberries on the side. English breakfast tea and CJW-sized glasses of water.

^^^It's so amusing to picture you finishing dinner just as I'm tucking into brekkie.

I had some leftover grilled asparagus from the other night, so I chopped it up and tossed it into an omelette along with some bacon and gruyère cheese. Some sliced oranges, cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries and blueberries on the side. English breakfast tea and CJW-sized glasses of water.

Sort of man. I don't eat till about 8.00pm. We have a an old bar table and stools where we like to have nibbles, wine and a smoke before dinner.

Tonight is:

Nibbles of Squid and king Prawns in a garlic oil with a dash of lemon followed by Lamb Tagine with rice. Some chocolate and coffee sweet things for afters.

Early to bed for me as I have my Golf finals tomorrow. Must be up at 5.30 am. We meet at the Golf Club at 6.30 am. A coach will take the 3 teams to a course near Derby. 18 holes teeing off at 9.00am then a light lunch followed by another 18. It's foursome matchplay and we play a club from Burton. Fingers crossed we win and take the trophy

I had home-cooked cauliflower pizza yesterday.

:o Wonder what our US friends will make of that concoction? Never had a Cauliflower pizza.

Funny how things happen. Before Freeyyaa's post, cauliflower pizza was the furthest thing from my mind. Then this past Friday I was enjoying an afternoon at Malibu and at the café at the end of the pier, lo and behold I find cauliflower pizza on the menu. I figure it is meant to be and order one to go along with my beer. Their cauliflower pizza is actually cauliflower, goat cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan on lavash bread, garnished with some greens and watermelon radish. Not being big on cauliflower, I was surprised how tasty it was.

post-1470-0-54209600-1440490726_thumb.jp

Ahhhh, the good life...

post-1470-0-83467500-1440490897_thumb.jp

Saturday breakfast: Sourdough pancakes with peaches, ginger, and cinnamon. Two breakfast sausages. Tangerine juice. Water.

Saturday dinner: Post-Motörhead meal of fish & chips and Guinness Stout.

Sunday dinner: Got some golden and purple beets at the market in the morning, marinated them in sherry vinegar and garlic and then later made a salad of the beets, goat cheese, arugula and other salad greens, green apples, walnuts, and a basil pistou (basically a French variation of pesto sans pine nuts). Crusty sourdough bread spread with some of the extra pistou. 2013 Pinot Noir from the Robert Mondavi Winery.

A little wine on Monday eases the work flow...

post-1470-0-59803300-1440491343_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

Funny how things happen. Before Freeyyaa's post, cauliflower pizza was the furthest thing from my mind. Then this past Friday I was enjoying an afternoon at Malibu and at the café at the end of the pier, lo and behold I find cauliflower pizza on the menu. I figure it is meant to be and order one to go along with my beer. Their cauliflower pizza is actually cauliflower, goat cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan on lavash bread, garnished with some greens and watermelon radish. Not being big on cauliflower, I was surprised how tasty it was.

attachicon.gif20150821_151253.jpg

Ahhhh, the good life...

attachicon.gif20150821_151228-1.jpg

Saturday breakfast: Sourdough pancakes with peaches, ginger, and cinnamon. Two breakfast sausages. Tangerine juice. Water.

Saturday dinner: Post-Motörhead meal of fish & chips and Guinness Stout.

Sunday dinner: Got some golden and purple beets at the market in the morning, marinated them in sherry vinegar and garlic and then later made a salad of the beets, goat cheese, arugula and other salad greens, green apples, walnuts, and a basil pistou (basically a French variation of pesto sans pine nuts). Crusty sourdough bread spread with some of the extra pistou. 2013 Pinot Noir from the Robert Mondavi Winery.

A little wine on Monday eases the work flow...

attachicon.gif20150823_184710-1.jpg

Lovely man.

Dinner this evening: Chicken Liver Pate and crackers. Rolled and boned loin of Lamb, Tray baked Veggies. Rioja

Lovely man.

Dinner this evening: Chicken Liver Pate and crackers. Rolled and boned loin of Lamb, Tray baked Veggies. Rioja

Lovely, man.

Blueberry Brioche. Fun to make, more fun to eat! :D

Recipe posted by Strider...thank you!

image.jpg

Looks awesome, Dd! Better than my attempt.

Taco Tuesday dinner. Tres tacos...dos carnitas and uno carne asada. The trick to a great taco is to keep it simple. Perfectly grilled meat or fish, chopped into bite-sized pieces and placed in warm corn (or flour) tortillas...handmade if possible. All you need besides that is some good salsa and/or hot sauce and a pinch or two of chopped onions and cilantro.

post-1470-0-93124000-1440659713_thumb.jp

Well, Strider...oh, I forgot to mention a pretty quirky detail of the sandwich in my previous post. I crushed a pile of pringles (the flavour was sour cream and onion) and managed to fit it into the sandwich. It is a typical thing my grown-up son loves to do and the scamp has urged me to try it, again and again, so I gave in this time and the result, tasted surprisingly good! :P

Potato chips in sandwiches? Been doing it for years...love it. Did it on my tuna sandwich for lunch today. Yummmm.

post-1470-0-33226800-1440659813_thumb.jp

Pre-concert margaritas.

post-1470-0-27526900-1440659895_thumb.jp

Ahhh....Michigan sweet corn has arrived ! They feed your car, cattle, and pigs Iowa corn, but if you want the stuff fit for humans, you come to the Great Lake State in August. Something about the fresh-water humidity and the cool August nights make things just right. I'm like a grizzly bear during salmon season when it comes to this stuff. 3 ears a meal isn't out of the question...you just can't stop at one !