BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

^^^Oh, it definitely was, ebk. Burger cooked perfectly medium-rare like I prefer...juicy, but not raw.

This morning it was a bowl of berries and glass of water

Same as it ever was...

Sounds yummy, but does berries (mostly water) and water hold you over for a long morning of work? Cheers!

It does if you're a bear, which I suspect Charles might be descended from, hehe. ;)

Sounds yummy, but does berries (mostly water) and water hold you over for a long morning of work? Cheers!

It doesn't fill me up just something to get my body up and running for when I first wake up. Maybe an hour later I eat some protein.

^^^Oh, it definitely was, ebk. Burger cooked perfectly medium-rare like I prefer...juicy, but not raw.

Same as it ever was...

It does if you're a bear, which I suspect Charles might be descended from, hehe. ;)

I know, I have a problem when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I have to try and keep weight gain to a minimum. Nothing worse when standing in front of boardroom full of executives and you are worried what they are thinking about when they are looking at you. So I really try and eat healthy and get exercise.

It doesn't fill me up just something to get my body up and running for when I first wake up. Maybe an hour later I eat some protein.

I know, I have a problem when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I have to try and keep weight gain to a minimum. Nothing worse when standing in front of boardroom full of executives and you are worried what they are thinking about when they are looking at you. So I really try and eat healthy and get exercise.

Why do you worry about how you look? Confidence should be a pretty natural thing regardless of you are a thinny or a porker.

Breakkie today was a perfectly dippy egg with a wholemeal slice of toast. Glass of fresh orange

This morning it was a gluten free slice of toast, a piece of haddock which I cooked on the grill, and half a tomato. Along with a couple of glasses of water

Steady man - was it a difficult decision not to do that other half a Tomato? I mean you don't want to burst your trousers! ;)

Baseball today - hot dogs and fries. And beer!

Then dinner after the game. There may have been some wine (:)) . There was definitely hummus, salmon spread, spicy feta spread and toast. Then stuffed eggplant. And possibly dessert... butterscotch pudding!

A fine day!!

Just about to throw on the grill a lean 16 oz t-bone with sautéed mushrooms and fresh corn. Walter Jr at grandma's and Mrs. Walter working late. Special meal for Walter after working on the deck all day! ;)

Btw, 6/27/77 blasting away on the home system!!!! :)

Ripe plummy plums. Carrots and beet hummus. Hard Apple Cider.
post-1470-0-89091100-1435820305_thumb.jp

No...I have not posted CJW's meal by mistake. With recent indulgences and 4th of July BBQ party coming up, I am taking it light this week. Sticking to mostly fruits and vegetables. I took in quite a haul at the farmers market this past Sunday. Since I ended up with more beets than I needed, I searched the internet for something to do with them and discovered this beet hummus recipe. It's fairly simple to make, especially if you have a food processor. It's very tasty and as you can see the colour is divine. Use it for dip with either vegetables or pita crisps. Here's the recipe...

Roasted Beet Hummus (from Minimalist Baker)

Ingredients

1 small roasted beet

1 & 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas, mostly drained

zest of one large lemon

juice of half a large lemon

healthy pinch salt and black pepper

2 large cloves garlic, minced

2 heaping tablespoons tahini

1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a 9-inch-square baking dish, brush the beets with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish tightly with foil, and bake for about 1 hour or until the beets are tender. Let the beets cool.

2. Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.

3. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.

4. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.

5. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.

6. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Edited by Strider

Strider, the roasted beet hummus sounds interesting, I believe I've only had beets pickled. I've been on a fruit and veggie kick as well. My dad and in-laws have gardens, so this time of year there are plenty of cucumbers and tomatoes (and peppers and squash, etc). I can live off this stuff!! :)

post-26295-0-20396600-1435839091_thumb.j

post-26295-0-98823500-1435839115_thumb.j

Ripe plummy plums. Carrots and beet hummus. Hard Apple Cider.

attachicon.gif20150701_134854.jpg

No...I have not posted CJW's meal by mistake. With recent indulgences and 4th of July BBQ party coming up, I am taking it light this week. Sticking to mostly fruits and vegetables. I took in quite a haul at the farmers market this past Sunday. Since I ended up with more beets than I needed, I searched the internet for something to do with them and discovered this beet hummus recipe. It's fairly simple to make, especially if you have a food processor. It's very tasty and as you can see the colour is divine. Use it for dip with either vegetables or pita crisps. Here's the recipe...

Roasted Beet Hummus (from Minimalist Baker)

Ingredients

1 small roasted beet

1 & 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas, mostly drained

zest of one large lemon

juice of half a large lemon

healthy pinch salt and black pepper

2 large cloves garlic, minced

2 heaping tablespoons tahini

1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a 9-inch-square baking dish, brush the beets with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover the dish tightly with foil, and bake for about 1 hour or until the beets are tender. Let the beets cool.

2. Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.

3. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.

4. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.

5. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.

6. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Interesting Sean. I love Hummus so I may give that a whirl

Dinner this evening: Thai red curry pork. This spicy number is made from my own paste and the piggy has been marinating all day. I will add some baby corn and green beans and serve with rice.

Strider, the roasted beet hummus sounds interesting, I believe I've only had beets pickled. I've been on a fruit and veggie kick as well. My dad and in-laws have gardens, so this time of year there are plenty of cucumbers and tomatoes (and peppers and squash, etc). I can live off this stuff!! :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fabulous! When do we eat? ;)

Note to chillumpuffer, there's another recipe that eliminates the chickpeas and uses 12 ounces of beets for a more pure-beet flavour.

I just passed a Taco Bell and saw a sign advertising some monstrosity called Cap'n Crunch Balls. Since my flesh literally crawls at the thought of going into a Taco Bell, I will pass the mic on over to our resident fast-food aficionado Paul Carruthers for his take. PC, if you haven't tried these, you're not the man I thought you were. Hehehe.

http://www.eater.com/2015/2/27/8120467/taco-bell-capn-crunch-delights-doughnuts-donuts-cereal-deep-fried

post-1470-0-54585800-1435880847_thumb.jp