Celebration day trivia

hecube

Yeah I know... another Celebration Day thread...

Anyway, what got me going with this one is that every band member featured their symbols on stage, except Robert (that I know of).

Jimmy's on his cab

John Paul's on his bass

Jason's (acting on behalf of his father) on a ride and on his arm!

I didn't see Robert's symbol though. Anyone saw anything?

Yeah I know... another Celebration Day thread...

Anyway, what got me going with this one is that every band member featured their symbols on stage, except Robert (that I know of).

Jimmy's on his cab

John Paul's on his bass

Jason's (acting on behalf of his father) on a ride and on his arm!

I didn't see Robert's symbol though. Anyone saw anything?

The feather's in the wind!?

Didn't notice Robert's symbol anywhere. Was his always to be seen during Zep concerts in the 70's? Always saw Jimmy's, but not sure about the others from videos of their shows.

Occasionally he wore jeans that had a patch of his symbol sewn on to them.

The only video or photos I've seen where the JP, JPJ and JB's symbols are all present is from the 1972 Australian / NZ Tour, not sure about Robert but he may have been wearing those jeans during those concerts?

Occasionally he wore jeans that had a patch of his symbol sewn on to them.

The only video or photos I've seen where the JP, JPJ and JB's symbols are all present is from the 1972 Australian / NZ Tour, not sure about Robert but he may have been wearing those jeans during those concerts?

That too is the only time I've seen these symbols together.

It is so funny you brought this up, I was thinking the other day when I watched the DVD and the Australian part where you do see all the symbols so prominent, but Roberts'.

Did he ever have his symbol on anything?

I don't remember ever seeing the jeans, I will have to pay more attention.

I know a long while back around the time Jimmy started his site, Robert had a form of his feather circle symbol on his website ... Now unless i am overlooking something, I don't see it there.

As I have mentioned previously, I have had two different (and decent) bootleg dvds of this historic O2 concert for at least 3 years now. Both were shot from people sitting in the upper levels of the O2 with most of the concert filmed with their zoom function used to the max. Obviously not shot with extreme close-ups like this professionaly shot footage.

On Wednesday as I was watching the concert film in a theater in Plano, Texas, I did notice that John Paul Jones' symbol was on his bass guitar. Not the old familiar bass but what looks like a newer and sleeker bass guitar. It is very small and looks like about the size of a guitar pick.

I also noticed Bonzo's symbol on the underside of Jason's Zildjians cymbals. The first time I saw it it took me by surprise so every other time they showed a similiar shot I was trying to determine if I saw what I thought I saw. Sure enough there it was.

As with Jimmy's ZOSO symbol, well, it was where it always has been.

By the way, I also noticed one other thing that caught my eyes. On the Orange amplifiers, I could swear that I only saw the OR GE. It seemed, or looked like to me, that the AN was blotted or distorted out. Probably just me.

By the way, I also noticed one other thing that caught my eyes. On the Orange amplifiers, I could swear that I only saw the OR GE. It seemed, or looked like to me, that the AN was blotted or distorted out. Probably just me.

It wasn't just you. I also noticed that throughout the movie. I wonder what's the meaning behind that.

Two little things that stood out to me when I watched this. One, I was amused how Jimmy blocked out letters "a" and "n" from his Orange brand amps so that when you sound it out phonetically it says orgy..or..ge

The second thing I noticed is in the film on "In My Time of Dying" I don't know if it was the whole song but, Jimmy's low E string seems perilously close to his A string. I kept wondering if the low E slipped out of the nut.

Just minor things.

It wasn't just you. I also noticed that throughout the movie. I wonder what's the meaning behind that.

I am glad that someone else noticed this. Like you, I also wonder what the meaning behind this was/is? Anyone else notice this and wonder the same? "...And It Makes Me Wonder..."

Did anyone else notice only women were (purposefully) included in the audience shots during this film?

No I noticed the guy with the pass round his neck doing a "come on" gesture at the end when the camera panned along the whole front row - I think you have selective vision Steve. ;)

The Orange amp question is a simple one. It was all down to the wonderful corporate world we live in today.

Orange is also the brand name of one of the UK's main mobile phone operators. They are not however connected in any way to the Orange who make amplifiers.

Where was the concert held? The O2 Arena! Who are O2? They are Orange's competitor in the world of mobile phone networks.

I suspect they did not want the name of one of their rivals prominently displayed on their stage even if it is a different company.

The Orange amp question is a simple one. It was all down to the wonderful corporate world we live in today.

Orange is also the brand name of one of the UK's main mobile phone operators. They are not however connected in any way to the Orange who make amplifiers.

Where was the concert held? The O2 Arena! Who are O2? They are Orange's competitor in the world of mobile phone networks.

I suspect they did not want the name of one of their rivals prominently displayed on their stage even if it is a different company.

Quite interesting points made. If correct, perhaps their very distinctive orange color was changed to black for the sake of the filming.

Quite interesting points made. If correct, perhaps their very distinctive orange color was changed to black for the sake of the filming.

They are Orange OR50 and AD50 heads that are also available in a black case as well as orange colour. The cabinets were not Orange but Engl 4x12

One thing I noticed, was something I saw in the closing credits. There is a credit given to "WIAWSNB" as it's used for the ending to "Ramble On". It is quite similar, not sure if it's exact, but enough I suppose, that they had to list a credit for this.

• 2 months later...

WIAWSNB = What is and what should never be :-). I played in a band that did a cover of this song and it was too long to print out in full, WIAWSNB. Cheers

It would be better to introduce yourself in the Meet and Greet section. Also, you made a mistake in your username.

Archived