What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Congratulations Kiwi! Well done! :thumbsup: Good luck with the Masters degree! :)

Why thank you Magic! :D

Hey Kiwi! :wave:

How are ya? I had to pop in and second Magic's congratulations to you. What an accomplishment!

If I'm not being too personal, by any chance are you planning to become a teacher of some kind?

With your patience and people skills, I think you would surely make a great one!

A toast to your success friend...............:beer: missy

Hiya Missy! :wave:

Thanks so much sweetie! :D

Of course you aren't being too personal! Feel free to ask me personal questions! Afterall, we are friends, aren't we? ;)

Well, first off, teaching isn't my forte. My mom is exceptionally good at it, though! :D

The subject I took for my Bachelor's degree was Economics. I plan to continue with it in my Master's. I am planning to do my Master's degree in Economics with the aim of (hopefully) becoming a Research Analyst. I have always loved to analyse Statistical data and draw my own conclusions while suitably applying the relevant economic theory. I took a fancy to subjects like Statistics and Econometrics pretty early on in my degree. Many folks can't stand that subject branch of Economics. I guess I'm an exception! :lol:

OK, I've heard of people receiving extraordinary things in the mail but this takes the cake! :lol:

Well, my electricity service provider "Meridian Energy" has fallen really behind in providing it's customers with the monthly electricity bill. My family and other families too are yet to receive their monthly electricity bill for the month of January. On phoning the customer care service, my dad found out that we will receive a joint electricity bill for the months of January and February. This was three days ago. Now, today, while we were having lunch, the courier guy rings our intercom and delivers a strange package. It looked pretty small and my folks and I were wondering what on earth is inside. We found this :

Photo0434.jpg

As a token, to show how sorry they really were for being behind in sending out the monthly electricity bill, "Meridian Energy" not only sends us an AM/FM radio absolutely free but also a one year subscription to the UK version of "Woman's Weekly" (since they knew already that there is a female majority in my household! B))

I don't know but getting stuff like this in the mail without paying a dime, especially in this sort of economic climate is very cool, to me! :lol:

I personally, do not listen to the radio at all, but I can't help but think that this AM/FM radio I received in the mail today, is kinda cute! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

OK, I've heard of people receiving extraordinary things in the mail but this takes the cake! :lol:

Well, my electricity service provider "Meridian Energy" has fallen really behind in providing it's customers with the monthly electricity bill. My family and other families too are yet to receive their monthly electricity bill for the month of January. On phoning the customer care service, my dad found out that we will receive a joint electricity bill for the months of January and February. This was three days ago. Now, today, while we were having lunch, the courier guy rings our intercom and delivers a strange package. It looked pretty small and my folks and I were wondering what on earth is inside. We found this :

Photo0434.jpg

As a token, to show how sorry they really were for being behind in sending out the monthly electricity bill, "Meridian Energy" not only sends us an AM/FM radio absolutely free but also a one year subscription to the UK version of "Woman's Weekly" (since they knew already that there is a female majority in my household! B))

I don't know but getting stuff like this in the mail without paying a dime, especially in this sort of economic climate is very cool, to me! :lol:

I personally, do not listen to the radio at all, but I can't help but think that this AM/FM radio I received in the mail today, is kinda cute! :lol:

That's a great little freebie Kiwi! I'm pretty sure it did brighten your day! :D Yes, the radio is very cute!

Congrats to both of you :) ! Hope you two have something special planned to celebrate .

Here's to a special couple :gimmefive::beer:

Thanks!! :) Dinner with the kids tonight; and I think we'll take a trip later in the spring (location still TBA) :)

"Groovy" was our wedding song, by the way.

Edited by Virginia

Well, today was a pretty incredible day. I found out that I have been accepted into the B.Com (Honours) programme at the University of Auckland and quite frankly, I can't believe it!!! :yay: My major is going to be Economics. It's pretty much a dream come true! :D There is going to be a lot of hard work involved, but I love a challenge when I see it! I say "Bring It On"! B)

Well, today was a pretty incredible day. I found out that I have been accepted into the B.Com (Honours) programme at the University of Auckland and quite frankly, I can't believe it!!! :yay: My major is going to be Economics. It's pretty much a dream come true! :D There is going to be a lot of hard work involved, but I love a challenge when I see it! I say "Bring It On"! B)

Kiwi, my dear friend!! Congrats to you. :cheer: You must be one smart cookie. B) I know you'll be a success! :)

What are you going to do with all that economic stuff under your belt?

Here's a thought. Why don't you pop over here and see if you can help President Obama and Congress straighten our economy out? You're welcome to stay with me,--better plan on being here awhile......:lol:......missy

Many congrats to you Kiwi, that's fantastic news! :bravo:

Best of luck with all the 'hard work' ahead of you, I know you can do it! ;)

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

Kiwi, my dear friend!! Congrats to you. :cheer: You must be one smart cookie. B) I know you'll be a success! :)

What are you going to do with all that economic stuff under your belt?

Here's a thought. Why don't you pop over here and see if you can help President Obama and Congress straighten our economy out? You're welcome to stay with me,--better plan on being here awhile......:lol:......missy

Thank you missy! :blush: I plan to be a research analyst which involves statistical and econometric analysis of data coupled with the application of the appropriate economic principles! B)

I think the US economy is a little too complex and dynamic for me to handle at the moment! I think I'll be more competent after I finish my M.Com degree (hopefully, if things go well!). Just give me a year! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Congrats!!!