"CELEBRATION DAY" Deluxe Packaging: The Complete Tour

Strider

Many thanks for that wonderful in-depth preview of the entire Celebration Day Deluxe package Strider!! :yourock:

I got the 2 CD / DVD package version on Monday and I honestly must admit that I was always rather curious with regard to how similar / different the deluxe package actually was in comparison to other editions :D

IMG_0289.jpg

It looks fantastic. Thanks for posting these pics Strider. I want mine to arrive so badly now. There will be trouble if the postman doesn't deliver it today! :mad:

Kiwi, your version looks great too. I do prefer the DVD shaped packaging for storing my DVDs.

The postman has been and gone, nothing. No celebration day here today. :(

Thanks Magic! :) My package seems to be a bit narrower than Strider's though! I guess that's a given, what with the extra DVD and everything! :)

Oh man! :( What's taking that postman so long to deliver it? Have you got any emails from the courier company or the sales department of Warner Music? I ask because on Friday, the 16th of November, I got a very cryptic email from Warner Music NZ, informing me that my package has been despatched to the local courier and that they were actually aiming to deliver the package by the end of the day. I did have some hope that I might get my package on Friday, but of no avail. I FINALLY got it on Monday at around 3 PM, so if you get an email now, it means the package is definitely on it's way! I know waiting is really hard and annoying but just keep the faith! Does the postman have 2 rounds of deliveries? I ask because the courrier guy here usually makes 2 rounds of deliveries, one at 11 AM and another at 3PM! :console:

Thanks Magic! :) My package seems to be a bit narrower than Strider's though! I guess that's a given, what with the extra DVD and everything! :)

Oh man! :( What's taking that postman so long to deliver it? Have you got any emails from the courier company or the sales department of Warner Music? I ask because on Friday, the 16th of November, I got a very cryptic email from Warner Music NZ, informing me that my package has been despatched to the local courier and that they were actually aiming to deliver the package by the end of the day. I did have some hope that I might get my package on Friday, but of no avail. I FINALLY got it on Monday at around 3 PM, so if you get an email now, it means the package is definitely on it's way! I know waiting is really hard and annoying but just keep the faith! Does the postman have 2 rounds of deliveries? I ask because the courrier guy here usually makes 2 rounds of deliveries, one at 11 AM and another at 3PM! :console:

Sadly it's not coming today Kiwi. I got an email on Saturday saying it had been dispatched first-class for delivery on Monday and it's still not here on Tuesday. We used to have two deliveries a day, but with Royal Mail's cut-backs we're down to one now. It's very frustrating waiting. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind until tomorrow.

FINALLY landed my Blu ray 4 disc deluxe...havent watched yet but listening to cd 1 right now...Black Dog...Thankful they didnt just shove discs in cardboard sleeve like Mothership..I watched a friend try to get the stereo Beatles white album out of cardboard packaging and I swear it was glued in It was ridiculous to get out This is a great set and hubs hold discs real strong. A happy moment for all thanks for the pics...Deluxe dvd seems to exactly same as Deluxe Blu ray and ps I actually like Plant's singing taken down a notch in key or register or whatever the term is....

FINALLY landed my Blu ray 4 disc deluxe...havent watched yet but listening to cd 1 right now...Black Dog...Thankful they didnt just shove discs in cardboard sleeve like Mothership..I watched a friend try to get the stereo Beatles white album out of cardboard packaging and I swear it was glued in It was ridiculous to get out This is a great set and hubs hold discs real strong. A happy moment for all thanks for the pics...Deluxe dvd seems to exactly same as Deluxe Blu ray and ps I actually like Plant's singing taken down a notch in key or register or whatever the term is....

Glad yours arrived safe and sound. The Deluxe Blu Ray packaging is strange in the fact that it looks like a CD pkg. Once you loosen the plastic middle it should come out more easily. When and if I get more time I'll post my thoughts on pic and sound quality (we just bought a house and will be moving in mid Dec.).

Jeff

I am just glad its on hubs instead of slid into cardboard without sleeve like Band of Joy or mothership which I keep in Jewel cases separate from sleeve for protection...This release makes a nice case for physical product vs downloaded product I am sure people that still have vinyl will be blown away by that too...wish I hadnt sold mine in 90 Had every Zep/Plant/Beatles/Who album mint(70's pressing) all 200 or so lp's went for 400 at that time..cant afford to buy stereo system/turntable and all that vinyl again at this point...Oh No quarter is on now...gotta get air guitar out...

As for hubs vs slid into a cardboard cover, there is one particular hub that has been widely used for many years in these cd/dvd packages that, if the disc turns while you are trying to peel it off the hub, it easily puts a circular scratch on the disc when it rubs against the disc tray on the other side from which you are prying it off. These particular disc holders more times than not come with the disc already scratched and that is a big hassle when it comes to multi disc sets, as the more discs you have the more likely one or more will be scratched. I've returned or exchanged many cd sets because of this. You pretty much have to save the good discs from one set and just exchange the scratched discs with good discs from another set.

I got my CD set in the mail today.

Packaging / Booklet Trivia

The sticker on the package states:

2 CDs

THE LEGENDARY 2007 CONCERT

LIVE IN LONDON AT THE 02 ARENA

18 Tracks Including:

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

ROCK AND ROLL

KASHMIR

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

The Big Ben clock:

On the cover of the package and the booklet, and on CD 1, Big Ben is reading 10:12

On the back cover of the package and the booklet, and on CD 2, Big Ben is reading 12:10

That displays the English and the American way of dating December 10th.

The booklet credits photographs by Ross Halfin, Chris McCourt, Scarlet Page and Kevin Westenberg.

Management:

John Paul Jones: Opium (Arts) Ltd.

Jimmy Page: Q Prime

Robert Plant: Trinifold Mgt. Ltd.

©2012 Three P Films Limited under exclusive license to Atlantic Recording Corporation

. . The Big Ben clock:

On the cover of the package and the booklet, and on CD 1, Big Ben is reading 10:12

On the back cover of the package and the booklet, and on CD 2, Big Ben is reading 12:10

That displays the English and the American way of dating December 10th.

I thought that was start and end time of the concert

Archived