2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Don't I know it ! Looking forward to every series. I will never let myself forget the many years of meaningless Fall baseball in this town.

I remember at the beginning of the year when all the experts thought Nelson would be the worst signing for any team in the majors to make. Got to give the Orioles credit for taking the chance, but I bet even their management is shockingly pleased at how well things turned out for him.

Him and the rest of this team. It kills me how the Yankees win a game vs Boston and some of them still think they can get that second wild card. I will tell you now. THEY CANNOT. And its because Seattle has a very easy schedule ahead of them and the loser of Detroit and KC for the division, could knock Oakland out.

Him and the rest of this team. It kills me how the Yankees win a game vs Boston and some of them still think they can get that second wild card. I will tell you now. THEY CANNOT. And its because Seattle has a very easy schedule ahead of them and the loser of Detroit and KC for the division, could knock Oakland out.

Why do you concern yourself with what others say? You seem to have "rabbit ears" when it comes to the Yankees.

Fuck me hard, it seems I only like to cheer on losing teams, how the Jays lost last night is something I will never understand

Ha. They are doing the fucking for you. Now you just need a kiss. You know the Yankeesa and Jays are in need of a miracle to make it. Not happening. Go see Seattle's schedule. Next two series vs Houston and Texas. Washington stepped down. Must commend him for the years they got there. I still think they were the better team and like my Bills, found a way to lose. Just like the Orioles blew a 3-1 lead vs the Pirates in 70's. Willie Stargell and that jive ass song "We are Family".

The Jays are done buddy. Sorry

Only the 3rd time this year we have lost two in a row. No big deal. How about the Houston Astros and what they have done to Anaheim and Oakland? Oakland has some big time problems. I believe they are going to be a fast out if they make the playoffs. All of a sudden they are no lock to even make it. I love Seattle to make it. Great schedule and playing great. So I am going to say they get the number one wild card and host the one off. Will it be vs Oakland or someone else? I believe the loser of the Central race, will play at Seattle. If KC cannot learn to beat the Tigers head up, then they may be going to Seattle? But the Tigers have not been world beaters either. And if you are still thinking the Yankees or Cleveland can get in? I do not believe it. Yankees must play the Orioles 8 times. And we have pretty much owned them. No way are they running the table on us. Tigers lost to SF again I believe. That is not good. Bongman, what say ye?

19 years ago today (oy vey...) I was at Cal Ripkin's 2131 game. It was magic.

18 years ago today I was at Eddie Murray's 500th home run game. We had to wait out a rain delay, but it was worth every second.

Good times.

19 years ago today (oy vey...) I was at Cal Ripkin's 2131 game. It was magic.

18 years ago today I was at Eddie Murray's 500th home run game. We had to wait out a rain delay, but it was worth every second.

Good times.

Who ever would have thought that Cal's rookie season would be the one season he won the series? He deserved more. I saw him play in Rochester. And saw his father manage here. We both went through alot of bad seasons. Now I hope the Yankees get theirs. Looks like we will have to seal their fate head up. I will be glad when we get Pearce back. Hard to believe we are doing this well without Machado, Wieters and without a true ace pitcher. Chen pitched a beauty last night and was not rewarded. I had a feeling we would hit a bit of a dry spell the first game or two on the road. The worst losing streak we had was that fiasco against the Cubs, who are far better than most people realize. They will know later. The season is very very long. I think I am one of the supporters of it being about twenty games shorter. But change is rare in baseball. If Cleveland makes it to the series its going to be cold. Weather baseball was not meant to be played in. Just like Hockey in June. Crazy. I will be glad to get these last 22 games over with and then see what happens. I just hope they are all hitting like JJ Hardy when the playoffs begin. Cruz and Jones are pretty reliable. Davis, well I love him but he can be a nightmare at times. I wish he would work on his contact. I was really hoping Bundy would get a shot in the big leagues before season's end. Does not seem like its in the cards this year. No matter what happens, this team can be even better next year. I just hope that this owner does not let us down. This is a deep team that can be good for years.

I come in Peace (and Jest). However, that depends on those of you who actually and actively follow MLB and your favorite team(s). I say this because after the last few days I was Wrongly accused, however already believed Guilty by some, before the accuser (and the Actual Facts) were proven that I was, am and are completely innocent of said accusations. Completely Exonerated by the accuser (I believe and he knows who he is/without naming names because I am not like that).

Baseball is Baseball. It is hard and rough 162 game season to all MLB teams. The last place team could sweep the first place team, etc...

However, the Proven teams that are usually picked at the beginning of the season to make it far and deep into the Post-Season have a 50/50 chance of actually making it.

In MY reality the Saint Louis Cardinals have a better than 50/50 chance of winning the NLCS and the World Series. I say this because history, momentum and good baseball have proven that the Saint Louis Cardinals had and have come through the month of September for the past 3 years in a row. That is a Fact and not my opinion.

I boast and cheer for the Cardinals and everyone else boasts and cheers for their team.

The season is coming to a close and may the best teams (regardless of current leads and standings) bring what it takes to make it to the 2014 World Series.

Brewers are folding like a cheap lawn chair--raise your hand if you're surprised by that.... no one, eh. That's what I figured...
Miggy Cabrera might end up hitting 30 bombs this year and he's having a down year by his lofty standards, batting only .309 so far--how many hitters would love to have 30 homers and a .309 average on their baseball card?
Edited by paul carruthers

Watching the highlights now--Nelly Cruz has been unbelievable for the Orioles...

He is a beast. Joba Chamberlain on MLB right now. looks like a fucking Grizzly bear. And pitches like one too. Sorry ass bullpen.

Andy Pettite getting ripped for being a no show on Jeter day

Edited by LedZeppfan77