2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

Just remember Americans only root for and support a winner. They don't love this game enough to keep buying season tickets for a losing franchise.

Very true, Steve. Orlando really has embraced the "Orlando City" franchise, but how long has it taken for MSL to even be known here?

Ah, you Yankee fans. Can't take it when the Yankees have a bad year.

I have felt this way about baseball for over a decade now. It is painfully slow to watch and the games are far too long. Soccer at least has constant action and is a relative quick watch, on the other hand.

I have felt this way about baseball for over a decade now. It is painfully slow to watch and the games are far too long. Soccer at least has constant action and is a relative quick watch, on the other hand.

Some people I know have compared it to watching paint dry. At least the two teams I like, the Netherlands and Colombia are exciting and attack. They do not play it safe constantly. England is my fav team but they have been pure shit since I can remember. I do live in a pretty good soccer town also. Rochester used to have the Lancers, who played the old NY Cosmos in the title game at the old Holleder stadium back in the 70's. Pele played in that game for the Cosmos. The Lancers were always good and their star was a guy named Carlos Meditiari. Likely spelled wrong. They built a stadium a few years ago with the promise we would join the MLS. It did happen and the present day team, the Rhino's still are in that other league. I saw them play the Chicago Fire live once.

Chicago Cubs.

The same Cubs who just swept the Red Sox in Boston? Yes, you are correct though. So France and Germany tomorrow. Who will win? I say it comes down to pks. Good luck with that. If I had to pick I lean toward France a bit. They have scored more and I question why Klose is not playing? Him and Mueller were quite a tandom. If they lose, I will point to that decision. Unless its an injury or something? Any German fans know? Colombia is going to show the world how good they are. Only goaltending can beat them IMO. They may win it all. I am torn between them and the Dutch. I am starting to lean to Colombia.

Yes they are. But if they manage to beat Belgium that will be it. They would not have a prayer vs the Netherlands. And they are lucky they will not have to face Germany or France or Colombia. I also love Colombia over Brazil. I think its going to happen. The Germany vs France winner may have a say in the semi final, but I still believe the Dutch and Colombia are the best two teams I have seen. Good luck picking the winner of Germany and France. To me a true toss up.

I want two things to happen in this world cup. One, Argentina and Brazil not reaching the Semi-Final stage of the game. Two, the Netherlands reaching the FIFA world cup final and possibly even winning it! Yes, I wanted Germany to win the world cup initially, BUT the Dutch now are officially my favourite team, closely followed by Germany, of course! I just can't help myself! They are truly spectacular to watch! :D Anyway, even if Argentina and Brazil do make it, I am still very confident that the Netherlands will reach the final, at least!! But then again, annoyingly so, this is football! So any bloody thing can happen! Possibly even a major upset! :wacko:

I agree. It is going to be mighty tough predicting the winner of that France vs. Germany encounter! I will be supporting Germany, of course and yes, I am pretty nervous for them! :wacko:

I want two things to happen in this world cup. One, Argentina and Brazil not reaching the Semi-Final stage of the game. Two, the Netherlands reaching the FIFA world cup final and possibly even winning it! Yes, I wanted Germany to win the world cup initially, BUT the Dutch now are officially my favourite team, closely followed by Germany, of course! I just can't help myself! They are truly spectacular to watch! :D Anyway, even if Argentina and Brazil do make it, I am still very confident that the Netherlands will reach the final, at least!! But then again, annoyingly so, this is football! So any bloody thing can happen! Possibly even a major upset! :wacko:

I agree. It is going to be mighty tough predicting the winner of that France vs. Germany encounter! I will be supporting Germany, of course and yes, I am pretty nervous for them! :wacko:

What's with all the crying on the part of the Brazilian players? You'd think you were watching a reality show! Bring back the days of Pelé, Garrincha, Socrates, and Zico!

I took France on the assumption this damn coach of Germany would leave Klose out again. Now I hear he starts. I am pissed. But I feel France will still win. I am very confident in my Netherlands vs Colombia final. I just do not know who wins it. But first Colombia must take care of Brazil and the disbelievers. Colombia will beat them

Now that the USA is out, after thinking about it for a few days I'm rooting (supporting) the Dutch Lions as well. Been enamored with the Dutch fans since witnessing their passion and esprit de corps at the 2006 winter Olympics. Tomorrow I'll wear orange for my bike ride.

For Strider, I'll hope for success for the German Mannschaft.

Now that the USA is out, after thinking about it for a few days I'm rooting (supporting) the Dutch Lions as well. Been enamored with the Dutch fans since witnessing their passion and esprit de corps at the 2006 winter Olympics. Tomorrow I'll wear orange for my bike ride.

From watching these games I say the Netherlands vs Costa Rica is a total mismatch. I expect the Dutch to beat the daylights out of them. By at least 2 or 3 goals if not more

From watching these games I say the Netherlands vs Costa Rica is a total mismatch. I expect the Dutch to beat the daylights out of them. By at least 2 or 3 goals if not more

Shall I send you some Dutch beer in orange cans?

What's with all the crying on the part of the Brazilian players? You'd think you were watching a reality show! Bring back the days of Pelé, Garrincha, Socrates, and Zico!

Tell me about it! They do tend to get quite emotional, don't they? The thing is, I felt sorry for that Swiss goalkeeper when he shed tears over their loss to Argentina! I felt for him because he tried so hard! He was just so good! When Brazilian players cry on the other hand, well, I feel as if we can expect a hidden camera to pop out out of nowhere and perhaps even the entire Brazilian team taking a trip to Jersey Shore! :P

*Sigh! I honestly would give 5 years of my life, just to be able to go back in time and see Pele in action!

Tell me about it! They do tend to get quite emotional, don't they? The thing is, I felt sorry for that Swiss goalkeeper when he shed tears over their loss to Argentina! I felt for him because he tried so hard! He was just so good! When Brazilian players cry on the other hand, well, I feel as if we can expect a hidden camera to pop out out of nowhere and perhaps even the entire Brazilian team taking a trip to Jersey Shore! :P

*Sigh! I honestly would give 5 years of my life, just to be able to go back in time and see Pele in action!

For that matter, what ever happened to Ronaldinho? Wasn't he supposed to be the best in the world a few years ago? Kaka? Must be hard to keep a spot on the Brazilian side.

I took France on the assumption this damn coach of Germany would leave Klose out again. Now I hear he starts. I am pissed. But I feel France will still win. I am very confident in my Netherlands vs Colombia final. I just do not know who wins it. But first Colombia must take care of Brazil and the disbelievers. Colombia will beat them

I am absolutely ecstatic that Germany won, BUT I honestly, expected the French to put up much more of a fight! That was one heck of a one-sided Quarter-Final! The German defense was SOLID! Their goalkeeper was nothing short of brilliant! Such a strategist that man! I love the fact that he takes so many risks! But, this was France! After everything I've read about them, I certainly wasn't expecting the game to end so quickly! I thought this match will go on to extra time at least! Damn! Oh well! Au revoir, France!!

Yes, it is indeed extremely possible that Columbia will beat Brazil! I honestly will not at all be surprised if that happens!

For that matter, what ever happened to Ronaldinho? Wasn't he supposed to be the best in the world a few years ago? Kaka? Must be hard to keep a spot on the Brazilian side.

Yes, I was surprised to see that players such as Kaka and Ronaldinho were noticeably absent this world cup. As far as these players are concerned, as harsh as may this sound, it seems like Scolari just didn't want them! I guess the man was aiming for a complete revamp of the Brazilian team! But, will it pay-off against Columbia?Well, I don't really think so. But then again, this is football and absolutely anything can happen!

Yes, I was very surprised to see that players such as Kaka and Ronaldinho were noticeably absent this world cup. As far as these players are concerned, as harsh as may this sound, it seems like Scolari just didn't want them! I guess the man was aiming for a complete revamp of the Brazilian team! But, will it pay-off against Columbia?. Well, I don't really think so. But then again, this is football and absolutely anything can happen!

I get a sense a lot of folks think Brazil will fall.

That's awesome! Always nice to have yet another Dutch fan on board! :wave: They are just so amazing to watch! :D I have an orange shirt lying in my cupboard. It will certainly be put to good use tomorrow! :)

I believe that Colombia are just plain better. And they have some young and exciting players. I am really impressed with Colombia. Love their chances today. And if they win, they will beat Germany too. The Netherlands? Another story. I still have a feeling this is their year.

I believe that Colombia are just plain better. And they have some young and exciting players. I am really impressed with Colombia. Love their chances today. And if they win, they will beat Germany too. The Netherlands? Another story. I still have a feeling this is their year.

I have been on the Dutch bandwagon as well. Just something about them feels right.

Indeed! In fact, it sure pissed Scolari off big time! He told all his critics to 'go to hell', ahead of the game against Columbia!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brazil/10945025/World-Cup-2014-Brazil-manager-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-tells-his-critics-to-go-to-hell-ahead-of-Colombia-quarter-final.html

Indeed! In fact, it sure pissed Scolari off big time! He told all his critics to 'go to hell', ahead of the game against Columbia!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brazil/10945025/World-Cup-2014-Brazil-manager-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-tells-his-critics-to-go-to-hell-ahead-of-Colombia-quarter-final.html

Lol. He hired a shrink.

Archived