2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

NFL Hall of Fame semifinalists announced today:

Quarterbacks: Kurt Warner

Wide Receivers: Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt

Running Backs: Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Terrell Davis, Edgerrin James,

Offensive Linemen: Joe Jacoby, Kevin Mawae, Mike Kenn, Orlando Pace, Will Shields

Defensive Linemen: Charles Haley

Linebackers: Kevin Greene, Karl Mecklenburg, Junior Seau

Defensive Backs: Darren Woodson Steve Atwater, Ty Law, John Lynch,

Kickers/Punters: Morten Andersen

Coaches: Jimmy Johnson Don Coryell, Tony Dungy

Sometimes you just gotta say, WTF. And this is one. Who in their right mind would sign Lagarrette Blount after he walked off the field cause he wasn't playing enough?

New England signs Blount to 2 year deal.

Hope they put a clause in there "if you leave the field before the end of the game without an injury, you gotta pay us back all your salary".

I see all the snow in Buffalo--some doubts as to whether they will be able to get the game played Sunday....

With New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo saying it would be "impractical" for the Buffalo Bills to host the New York Jets as scheduled on Sunday, given the heavy snow that has hit the area, the NFL is apparently considering moving the game to another city.

The three sites under consideration are Detroit, Washington D.C. and Pittsburgh, according to the New York Post. In that scenario, the game would be played on Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bills-jets-game-may-move-to-monday-at-one-of-three-neutral-sites-191510264.html

More in the link above, but what I wrote is already the gist of it. I'll post this in the PottedPlant Pool thread as well, to make those aware that don't look in this thread. It could lead to a disadvantage for the Bills not having that 12 man.

With New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo saying it would be "impractical" for the Buffalo Bills to host the New York Jets as scheduled on Sunday, given the heavy snow that has hit the area, the NFL is apparently considering moving the game to another city.

The three sites under consideration are Detroit, Washington D.C. and Pittsburgh, according to the New York Post. In that scenario, the game would be played on Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bills-jets-game-may-move-to-monday-at-one-of-three-neutral-sites-191510264.html

More in the link above, but what I wrote is already the gist of it. I'll post this in the PottedPlant Pool thread as well, to make those aware that don't look in this thread. It could lead to a disadvantage for the Bills not having that 12 man.

Yeah this is unreal. I cannot imagine more than the true die hard Bill's fans making a trip that far under the conditions. If we had won those last two games, maybe. Detroit at least has some love for the Bills. The late Ralph Wilson was close to the lions organization. And Detroit was his home. Detroit has nothing against the Bills but the Jets neither I suppose. Its just too far for Bills fans who have tickets to consider. Canada I was thinking of but then you have to have a way to get through their Nazi border cops. A passport is usually not enough

So do I. Those old games the Vikings used to play, the purple people eaters. Joe Kapp, and that defense. What a team. I love the snow games too. Cleveland has had some great ones

I remember the NIners playing in a mud bowl in Cleveland. You couldn't tell who the hell was who. The Niners lost 6-zip.

I remember the NIners playing in a mud bowl in Cleveland. You couldn't tell who the hell was who. The Niners lost 6-zip.

The worst mud game I ever saw was in Detroit on a Thanksgiving day back in the late 60s. Sam Baker kicked 4 field goals somehow, it was almost knee deep at mid field, and the Eagles beat the Lions 12-0.

The Vikings of 1969 who only lost the Super Bowl because they played on turf, and in those days players were not used to it. KC sucked it out, second biggest upset in Sports history in my book. Those Vikngs were good. And like the Colts, they avenged the Super Bowl loss after in the merge. Only the Colts loss to the Jets was bigger. But in the snow you were not going to beat them. Or my Bills of the early 90s. I remember a game in the 70s when Simpson ran and caught pass's in the snow for over 200 yds in a losing effort to Minnesota in Buffalo. Why they ever put the Vikings in doors is beyond me. Will be interesting to see what its like in Minny this weekend. Not like Buffalo I imagine

Sometimes you just gotta say, WTF. And this is one. Who in their right mind would sign Lagarrette Blount after he walked off the field cause he wasn't playing enough?

New England signs Blount to 2 year deal.

Hope they put a clause in there "if you leave the field before the end of the game without an injury, you gotta pay us back all your salary".

He played for NE last year,remember?He is only getting veterans minimum pay and he know Bill we not tolerate any BS.

The worst mud game I ever saw was in Detroit on a Thanksgiving day back in the late 60s. Sam Baker kicked 4 field goals somehow, it was almost knee deep at mid field, and the Eagles beat the Lions 12-0.

The Vikings of 1969 who only lost the Super Bowl because they played on turf, and in those days players were not used to it. KC sucked it out, second biggest upset in Sports history in my book. Those Vikngs were good. And like the Colts, they avenged the Super Bowl loss after in the merge. Only the Colts loss to the Jets was bigger. But in the snow you were not going to beat them. Or my Bills of the early 90s. I remember a game in the 70s when Simpson ran and caught pass's in the snow for over 200 yds in a losing effort to Minnesota in Buffalo. Why they ever put the Vikings in doors is beyond me. Will be interesting to see what its like in Minny this weekend. Not like Buffalo I imagine

They should play in Buffalo with snow shoes. :)

They'll probably have special sections reserved for Bills ticket holders. Considering the condition of the highway around Erie, there probably wont be many.

Someone told me last night if you get on a plane and go to Detroit they are giving the tickets away? Have you heard of this?

Archived