2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Bills need to beat Cleveland. That keeps them in it. Miami and Buffalo split so they do not own us. We are one win up in division I believe. Both of us have to go to New England. But we MUST BEAT CLEVELAND. Breese can suck my left one. He is not getting this onside kick

Atlanta may be tied for 1st at 4-7 and own the South

With all four teams at 7-3-1 or 7-4, the AFC North might be the toughest division in football (NFL). With all four teams 4-7 or worse, the NFC South is the most incompetent division.

Atlanta's only wins are against teams from their own division. Whenever they play a team from another division, they lose. The Saints' Drew Brees is showing his age. Every week he kills the Saints with a crucial pick-six interception.

The New York Jets...where Quarterbacks go to die. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing there will be an outcry for change if whoever wins the sorry NFC South gets in with below 8 wins, while some team with 10 or more wins gets squeezed out....

Yes, someone is going to get in with a bad record. Atlanta is 4-0 in the division and has the tie breakers. That line shot up to 3 already with the Cardinals favored of course. Wish I had jumped on it. 3 is still light in a way. They just lost at Seattle. So that is nothing to be ashamed of. I believe my Bills will take care of Cleveland and then its on to Denver. Our front line on D is one of the best and will have to go after Manning. Denver and Indy both have had big problems lately. I am very impressed with Baltimore. Smash mouth defense. Two great receivers in Tory and Steve Smith. And Flacco is as cool as they come

Good time at Ford Field last night. 55,000 ain't too shabby for 3 days notice. Rick...I've had my fill of "Shout" for a while, and I don't get the train whistle, but we all agreed the charging buffalos in the snow video was cool as hell. Mario Williams had an awesome game.

Good time at Ford Field last night. 55,000 ain't too shabby for 3 days notice. Rick...I've had my fill of "Shout" for a while, and I don't get the train whistle, but we all agreed the charging buffalos in the snow video was cool as hell. Mario Williams had an awesome game.

The Lions faithful are truly our friends. Great thing that Detroit did. I never expected the blowout like that. After the Jets somehow beat the Steelers How i will never know.

Paul, as for the greatest catch of all time, I agree they are getting carried away. And i wrote ESPN and told them to try and find the best I ever saw. It happened between 1968 and 1971 between the Joe Kapp led Minnesota Vikings and the then mighty Baltimore Colts. Earl Morrill was filling in for Johnny Unitas. It was in the snow and Willie Richardson, one of the old Colts receivers who played in that monster upset of Super Bowl III, made a diving catch that was simply incredible. I know they could fin the footage somehow? I wonder?

Lines out for Thanksgiving and some for next weekend. Why would Arizona be only minus 1 at Atlanta? Something must be up?

Fitzgerald will probably be out and for some reason people question the Cards secondary. They are solid. I don't think Arizona is a true 9-2 team, but then again as Parcels says "You are what your record says you are".

Fitzgerald will probably be out and for some reason people question the Cards secondary. They are solid. I don't think Arizona is a true 9-2 team, but then again as Parcels says "You are what your record says you are".

I never bought into that Parcell's statement. Teams in this league get beat by officials and bad luck all the time. I am more inclined to believe it in the other 3 major sports. Not the NFL. I have lost alot of faith in the integrity of the NFL. You cannot trust anything. The refs blow calls in every game. Bad terrible calls. Baltimore was good enough to overcome it. the Bills could not overcome shit calls in the KC game. They cost us that game. I stand by that.

Who exactly are the NY Jets servicing in a backroom somewhere for them to get all these primetime games? And it's not just this season--it's the last few years the Jets have been getting primetime slots. I know Rex Ryan makes for good copy, but come on...

:rolleyes:

When you get blown out by the Bills in such fashion something is very wrong. LOL. Ralph Wilson is smiling up there looking down upon Ford field with the Bills logo in Detroit. And the support is incredible. And this during a year that the Lions actually have a damn good team. A damn good defense and even though their offense has sputtered of late, still a force in the NFC. If Stafford can get things going with Calvin, look out.

Miami is a 5 1/2 pt favorite at the NY Jets this weekend and that could go up. The Bills are a 2 1/2 pt favorite over Cleveland and I expect that to go up. I believe the Bills and Dolphins will both win and pick up a game on New England. But we still have to play Green Bay at home. And go to Denver. We are going to have to steal at least one of those to have a shot. If we beat Cleveland, we have to go to Denver on a mission.

It's amazing how one injury can turn around a whole career. RGIII just hasn't been the same since he went down on the turf in that playoff game vs. the Seahawks. And he had that injury which sidelined him for a good portion of this season as well. I don't know if Griffin is still capable of running the way that he used to--but if he can even be half of what he used to be & he goes to a team that will allow him to use his legs and his arm, then he might still have a future as a starter in this league--provided he can stay healthy....

My Lions haven't scored an offensive touchdown in two games, and the offensive line is now quite offensive. The Chicago D line should have a sack field day against 3 guys that have no business being in the league, let alone starting. I think Chicago pulls an upset, because I don't see us beating anybody the way we're currently playing. It's okay if I'm wrong....because I've been right for 30 years in a row !

There will be a war in Santa Clara tomorrow with the possibility of a magnitude 8 on the Richter scale.

May the red and gold prevail.

I just caught an hour program on Netflix titled 'The Day The Series Stopped' showing the San Francisco/Oakland '89 quake damage and a lot of footage I'd never seen before, especially the Cypress freeway collapsing (I didn't know there was footage of it actually collapsing), and the recovered bodies from that. I knew the guy who had to hammer out the concrete above the crushed cars so they could recover the dead. I hope he was payed well for that work. Then there was the guy who was way up on the ballpark light stand when the quake hit. What a ride that must have been. As for the game, I didn't care for the arrogance of the A's but they whipped the Giants' butts. Remember the 'Bash Brothers?' Can we get two asterisks for their names too? :lol: The quake was a disaster for many but it was also a boon for the construction industry and I landed a demolition job in downtown Oakland that lasted for 2 years. I took these pics in Oakland while riding around on my motorcycle. The one of the crushed cars was in SF.

post-503-0-48503800-1417050161_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-35334800-1417050187_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-83256600-1417050206_thumb.jpg

I never bought into that Parcell's statement. Teams in this league get beat by officials and bad luck all the time. I am more inclined to believe it in the other 3 major sports. Not the NFL. I have lost alot of faith in the integrity of the NFL. You cannot trust anything. The refs blow calls in every game. Bad terrible calls. Baltimore was good enough to overcome it. the Bills could not overcome shit calls in the KC game. They cost us that game. I stand by that.

Two things I can remember involving stupid FANS......At a Vikings game when some dumbass threw a glass Coke bottle that hit a ref in the head.

A 49er/Denver game when some dumbass threw a snowball that hit just as the Niner kicker kicked the ball. No interference was called and the Niners lost the game.

A lot of 'fans' are total fuckin' idiots.

That opening drive looked way too easy for Cutler and the Bears. I'm starting to wonder if I should have went in the same direction as Bong-Man as far as my pick. Detroit's offense may sputter all afternoon....

These retarded fucking coaches. Wake up you fucking Lions

Archived