2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Strider, your Raidas haven't dropped the hammer on Sporano yet? Is that what this world is coming to - beating the Bills is enough to keep the job? :blink:

Oh, I want him gone and I think eventually the hammer will fall on Tony Sporano. But I also don't want the Raiders to do what the 49ers just did...rush into an emotional decision that shoots them in the foot. Has San Francisco already forgotten the dire straits they were in before Harbaugh came in and resuscitated the franchise? Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.

I may have to refer to Coughlin as "Teflon Tom" from now on. I'm really surprised he's keeping his job....

It seems that with the development of Beckham and other young receivers, the Giants believe that next year will bear fruit. So yes, it looks like Tom Coughlin survives another year.

I didn't think of the 49'ers decision as an emotional, rushed decision as much as a slow simmer that started last summer. Apparently his relationship with their front office went south a while ago. I agree with you, he brought them out of almost 2 decades of bad football - and into 3 consecutive championship games. Best record of any coach with at least 4 years experience, ever. I saw he was wearing his usual khakis while entering his hotel in Michigan. I love the fact he will get the chance to kick Urben Meyer's ass for a few years to come!

The Detroit Stompers don't have a chance against Dallas without Larry Warford. We might as well be the Washington Generals....playoff fodder.

No complaints about the game. We came back, tied them, and had the ball when Bell fumbled. That's a kiss of death at Lambeau. Has Green Bay ever got more penalties than their opposition at Lambeau Field ? Seemed strange that you could play one of the best run defenses in the NFL and escape holding calls for 3 quarters.

I would not count the Lions out for a minute with CW. No way. Stafford knows how to rally that team. I will take a shot and pick them. Sure I want them to win. I think Rex Ryan is likely to land a job pretty fast. Is he worth it though? I do not see the Bills firing Marrone after a winning year and they almost got in. Fucked by the Zebras and I will say that to my grave. The Denver and KC games big time. But the offensive coordinator must go. And will go. I wonder what job Ryan really wants? I would want the Atlanta job over the Chicago job. And maybe SF is hotter than both? I still cannot believe the Eagles did not get in. It shows how much a QB means. The Bills and Eagles are both very good teams without a QB. Orton is retiring also so that assures new faces in Buffalo. I just wonder who may be available? Manziel? Sounds like they are going to toss the guy based on one game. A huge mistake

I know it's the playoffs and anything can happen, but in reality, if everything goes as it did during the regular season, then I say Dallas should smash Detroit--rather handily I might add. DeMarco, and Dez and Romo=pain for Detroit. Of course, having said all that, Detroit will probably win by 10....

The only thing Detroit has going for it is that Stafford has a history of playing well in front of his hometown. Raiola comes back and Swanson moves to guard. That line set-up hasn't been able to run all year. If this organization has any balls, as soon as this game is over they should announce the departure of both Suh and Raiola....classless punks ! This sad sack organization needs to send a message that stuff like that is unacceptable winning or losing. Suh is so stupid, this suspension probably cost him 5-7 million on his next contract package, and his reputation is going to follow him wherever he goes. Good riddance !

The Lion's best shot is for Dallas to make more mistakes than we do....and I don't thing that's humanly possible !

I don't care what anybody says, playing Carolina is a scary proposition.

The Lion's best shot is for Dallas to make more mistakes than we do....and I don't thing that's humanly possible !

I don't care what anybody says, playing Carolina is a scary proposition.

Well, given Romo's past playoff history (remember Seattle?) it is humanly possible for Dallas to make more mistakes. Yes, so far Romo has shown marked improvement on his past December performances. But we all know the playoffs are a different beast. Until Romo actually shows he can perform at peak efficiency and win playoff games, the "can't win when it matters" tag will still apply to Romo. What helps Dallas in this year's playoffs as oppose to the past is that their running game and defense are vastly better than before and can therefore shoulder the load instead of Romo trying to do everything, which usually led to costly interceptions and turnovers.

Not saying Detroit can't win but Dallas is in a much better position than in past playoff years. We'll see come game-time.

As for your last point: why exactly is Carolina scary? Their defense or Cam Newton?

Being on turf will help the Lions. We ain't mudders. Carolina has experience, and you're only as good or bad as your last couple games. Their defense has improved, and yes, I've always liked Newton. He has Rodgers/Wilson capability when he's on.

If this organization has any balls, as soon as this game is over they should announce the departure of both Suh and Raiola....classless punks! This sad sack organization needs to send a message that stuff like that is unacceptable winning or losing.

Amen to that...Raiola should have been dumped already.

Who is CW?

Calvin. And not Calvin Klein. How the hell you all can just think Detroit is a pushover I do not get? They have a defense finally. They can score. Stafford does not get rattled. I know Dallas has been very good. And I am not buying into this Carolina shit. they are the same Carolina that 3 weeks ago could not beat a pop warner team. I would take my chances with Arizona regardless of the QB. I will be surprised if Carolina scores 10. Baltimore at Pittsburgh is likely a toss up. I want Baltimore because they know how to beat New England. And they are the last team that New England wants any part of. I also believe Cincy can upset Indy. If you want to call it an upset. I think the Bengals are the better team from top to bottom. I will take the dogs in all 4

Oh, you were talking about Calvin Johnson?!? When are you gonna get his name right? ;)

Detroit is a very tough game for Dallas. When did I say they'd be a pushover? It's two teams without much postseason success. They've played close games the last couple of meetings. Should be a good show - strength vs. strength.

I didn't think of the 49'ers decision as an emotional, rushed decision as much as a slow simmer that started last summer. Apparently his relationship with their front office went south a while ago. I agree with you, he brought them out of almost 2 decades of bad football - and into 3 consecutive championship games. Best record of any coach with at least 4 years experience, ever. I saw he was wearing his usual khakis while entering his hotel in Michigan. I love the fact he will get the chance to kick Urben Meyer's ass for a few years to come!

I just hope the Niners don't go back into a skid. I can't stand that the Seahawks are dominating the division.

This year's All-Pro Team, featuring a league-high 4 Cowboys' players and the first Dallas rookie since 1969 to make the team:

Offense:

QB – Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

RB – DeMarco Murray, Dallas

RB – Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh

FB – John Kuhn, Green Bay

TE – Rob Gronkowski, New England (u)

WR – Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh

WR – Dez Bryant, Dallas

OT – Tyron Smith, Dallas

OT – Joe Thomas, Cleveland

G – Zack Martin, Dallas

G – Marshall Yanda, Baltimore

C- Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh

K – Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis

KR – Adam Jones, Cincinnati

Defense:

DE – J.J. Watt, Houston (u)

DE – Mario Williams, Buffalo

DT – Ndamukong Suh, Detroit

DT – Marcell Dareus, Buffalo

OLB – Justin Houston, Kansas City

OLB – Elvis Dumervil, Baltimore

ILB – Luke Kuechly, Carolina

CB – Darrelle Revis, New England

CB – Richard Sherman, Seattle

S – Earl Thomas, Seattle

S – Eric Weddle, San Diego

P – Pat McAfee

(u) – unanimous selection

Surprise, surprise, surprise.....Doug Marrone opts to leave the Bills, instead of staying on as their head coach! Happy New Year, Buffalo! ;)

Good riddens to that sack of shit. 4th and 1 and costs us the playoffs by punting against the hapless Raiders. Swartz had a big year as defensive coach. Doubt they go that way butt I would not complain if they gave him a shot. I would like to get the coach of Ohio St who came through for me big.

Like the Bills and Eagles the QB or lack thereof, cost the Cardinals big time. The Eagles and Bills are playoff caliber teams that need to get a QB to get to the next level. For now, Go Ravens, Go Bengals, Go Lions.

This year's All-Pro Team, featuring a league-high 4 Cowboys' players and the first Dallas rookie since 1969 to make the team:

Offense:

QB – Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

RB – DeMarco Murray, Dallas

RB – Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh

FB – John Kuhn, Green Bay

TE – Rob Gronkowski, New England (u)

WR – Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh

WR – Dez Bryant, Dallas

OT – Tyron Smith, Dallas

OT – Joe Thomas, Cleveland

G – Zack Martin, Dallas

G – Marshall Yanda, Baltimore

C- Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh

K – Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis

KR – Adam Jones, Cincinnati

Defense:

DE – J.J. Watt, Houston (u)

DE – Mario Williams, Buffalo

DT – Ndamukong Suh, Detroit

DT – Marcell Dareus, Buffalo

OLB – Justin Houston, Kansas City

OLB – Elvis Dumervil, Baltimore

ILB – Luke Kuechly, Carolina

CB – Darrelle Revis, New England

CB – Richard Sherman, Seattle

S – Earl Thomas, Seattle

S – Eric Weddle, San Diego

P – Pat McAfee

(u) – unanimous selection

Not a single Raider in the bunch.

Being on turf will help the Lions. We ain't mudders. Carolina has experience, and you're only as good or bad as your last couple games. Their defense has improved, and yes, I've always liked Newton. He has Rodgers/Wilson capability when he's on.

Good luck to the Lions today. I would LOVE to see them win. And I believe they can if Stafford is on and can get the ball to Calvin. He has two deadly recievers and a good defense. A better defense than Dallas has IMO. Cincy to me is what should be the lock of the day. Andrew Luck is one man. He has not the support around him. He does not have a team as good as Cincy and the way they smashed a very good Cleveland defense two weeks ago was proof. On the road. Cleveland's main woes are offensive. Cincy has proven they are no joke. Today they get it done. If they dont, it will be their own damn fault.

I see two Bills on that defenesive roster and next year there will be more. Maybe Rambo will be on there. Now that we have an owner Terry Pegula who is not a cheap skate like Ralph was (RIP}, nothing against Ralph's character, but Teryy is willing to pay a top notch coach and QB to get it done. And all the pieces are in place except two big ones. A coach and QB. I worry more about finding the QB>

The Ravens will be holy hell for Brady and Belecheck. I can see Belecheck cringe when he saw that double 3 man set they pulled on the Steelers. I hope Baltimore goes in there and kicks their ass. Stop the tight end and you win the game. Simple. They only have one real weapon. Bronkowski. What else do they have ? A no name large running back that the Ravens will smash. Tory Smith is one hell of a money player.

Well here is to the underdogs. Go Tigers and Lions

Pathetic. Just got your ass's handed to you and you go shake hands and smile like you don't give a rats ass you lost. Incredible. Almost like whew, now we don't have to go get embarrassed in Denver and we can just collect our inflated checks and go to Miami Beach or Honolulu and gang bang a bunch of stupid sloppy tattoed bimbo's without having to worry about fines because OUR PATHETIC FUCKING SEASON IS OVER. . :unsure:

Send them to LA or please send them to Buffalo next year. I will put that one in the W column. Shit heads

Nobody wanted to believe that these Lions were for real. Well now start to believe. Not saying its over, but its not going to be the cake walk you all expected. A damn good defense, and 3 deadly players at the skill positions in Bush, Calvin and Golden Tate. This is the best team the Lions have put on the field in the modern era

Archived