DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

yeah Jools, the electric guitar well I`m so so as on many shows he as said of some guests there is top guitarist like Wilco Johnson, EC so on. but I`ve gotten into many top bands thanks to the Late Nights With...Jools Holland. ok there isn't always a full list of wow there is the odd ooh shit! lol... but maybe to days the day I`ve found the full meaning of music as there a record/cd fair on to day in my local town here`s hoping yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!...

I was laid off on December 19th, I've just been told that I am not going to get any benefits......Is this because I have worked all my life......No it's because m wife works......So if you have never worked or your family have never worked you are entitled to benefits according to the British benefits system, or of course if you have just illegally entered this country,but if you've worked for 41 years you are entitled to NOTHING!! Am I aggrieved? you bet I am.

me to the benefits of this UK isn't fair at all... I`ve also not heard from lipslikecherries too... Plantpothead hope you find something soon dude... well you`ve always gotten the music its always there for me... on the progressive rock music scene I`m listening too! are IQ and Ehcolyn there both IMHO great members of the classic music call PROG!!!!!!, my personnel fav albums by them are cowboy poems free/as the world and mei by Ehcolyn IQ are ever/the road of bones and the seventh house...

Plantpothead... My mum and dad went through the exact same thing years ago when the Tory scum was in power back in the eighties... and when my mum was laid off 2 years ago, she tried to sign on only to be told that she wouldn't get any money as she hadn't contributed enough into her tax...which is a load of crap as she HAD been working.

I wish I can say that things will get better, but as I have been on the dole for over a year (this is the longest I've been unemployed) My ex boss has run off leaving me high and dry without any redundacy. I would be kidding myself if I thought life was a bed of roses.

I wish I had something positive to say, except

sorry.

Oh and I've forgot to say that I managed to get the dole by the skin of my teeth.

And yes, this country is still the dogs dangly bits (ever notice that people refer it as just "Britain" and the "Great" bit has been dropped)

I was laid off on December 19th, I've just been told that I am not going to get any benefits......Is this because I have worked all my life......No it's because m wife works......So if you have never worked or your family have never worked you are entitled to benefits according to the British benefits system, or of course if you have just illegally entered this country,but if you've worked for 41 years you are entitled to NOTHING!! Am I aggrieved? you bet I am.

Focus on getting a new job or career change. If you have not yet, setup a linkedin account, list your skills, projects you have done, past work experience, ask for recommendations from people you have worked for or with. Also start looking for jobs on linkedin. Decide if you are prepared to move, and how far, next city or town? Different country and so on. Focus on getting work instead of negative energy on getting benefits. Remember the only person who can limits on you, is you. Hope that 2015 is your year and keep smiling!

Hmmm the same old same crap benefits isn't the hand out to anyone whom is born in the UK. now if your a non British Citizen your £££££££££££££££££££££££££££ in... so even the likelihood of you finding a position isn't great as the wages we`ve gotten only a few ££££ which isn't going very far as with the price on the growth cardboard city awaits....

Fucking Tory bollocks. Mrs CP had the same shit. Worked for 30 years, then when made redundant was treated like a scrounger. After being belittled by a Jobsworth Hitler she told them to stuff it up their arse. Thankfully she is now employed. Makes you wanna emigrate to Romania ?

Guys and gals - I understand the frustration, however, it is important to focus attention on seeking new employment. This is just a guess, but if the powers that be make it easy for just anyone to get on the dole, at some point people will take advantage of the dole and think they are entitled to a free ride. While others who are working for living will feel they are being taken advantage of for being net contributers while others are just taking, which leads to all sorts of discussions on why my taxes are so high. I'm not saying that anyone here would do that either - just society as a whole. Sometimes being forced to look for work is a good thing, being forced to decide if you need to move is a good thing. I'm also a little surprised at the anger being laid at whoever the government is. As my father said to me as a child, 'a man must earn his day of leisure'. These type of social programs really should be reserved for those who are unable to help themselves.

yes that's ok CJW, but the government do run the country... still I`m looking forwards not backwards so as of now its I`ll get a job... my own father said " work hard to play harder " which isn't bad is it... I`m personnel more filled with frustration whenever I`m more or less there isn't any MUSIC playing... as its gotten magical healing powers to aid me through all of life`s more downward parts.... well wee there isn't anyone here but me its a day of doing this and that, followed by cooking... moaning isn't all about the crap there sometimes the lighter bits sometimes needs the poke to for fill the bits to the lighter shining to be all happiness and smiles... I`ve been listening to only: Blind Melon/Dogs D`Amour and The Answer absolutely bloody amazing rock, soul `n` roll all the way to rock my socks off!... ooh forgotten the Cult too!... well its a strange day as the dentists this morning £££££ little not, than its the above. there isn't a shouldn't do day so better get started...

Quote:

an apple a day, keeps the doctor away...

are well I`ve been playing some odd classic bands, which may or may not like here The Scream/Warrior Soul they have two great frontmen in John Corabi/ Kory Clarke both are ballsy, bluesy, soulful rock `n` roll men both you should add PUNK ROCK too!... Kory lyrics are more anti leadership ballsy motherfucker. the first two albums by WS are some of the best bluesy/ballsy rock I`ve heard. John`s band as only the album " Let It Scream " its totally bluesy hard rocking music . I`ve also been listening to the Nymphs which there only album which came out after GNR Illusion albums came out the reason I`ve stated that is it held up the release of the Nymphs album due to the bands using the same production team and Axl wouldn't wait so the Nymphs had too!... which isn't the way to make the in packed the Nymphs needed to make. after the media and MTV pushing the band... :hysterical: I`ll even been searching the internet for some reading on the two bands above and nothing...

I'm sitting in new Best Western hotel in Bathurst New Brunswick (try and find that on a map!). My daughter called me on the skype and told me she loves me. No used record store in town, which sucks for me. What a long day, glad to be just stretching out right now. And it's freezing outside!

Edited by Charles J. White

yes CJW, its always a great way to be having your point of view... I`ve been allowing myself to fall a little backward with out thinking about it... well we`ve planned to be within a happiness mode more than outside of it which I`ve gotten to stay within it... isn't there anyone else whom to seek out there negatives to sort out yourself. isn't the view to your own " misplaced childhood " timelines where you`ve planned all your dreams of your lifetime...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BORN IN 1930's, 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and Early 80's !!! First, you survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, your baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints. You had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when you rode your bikes, you had no helmets, not to mention, the risks you took hitchhiking .. As children, you would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun. You drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. You shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. You ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but you weren't overweight because...... YOU WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! You would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach you all day. And you were OK. You would spend hours building your go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out you forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, you learned to solve the problem . You did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........YOU HAD FRIENDS and you went outside and found them! You fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents you played with worms(well most boys did) and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although you were told it would happen, you did not poke out any eyes. You rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing you out if you broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. You had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and you learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good. And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Yep....That's how it was for me in the 1960s.

^ How many times have I read that one....:rolleyes: Cancer at an all-time high, obesity at an all-time high, food that has been chemically engineered it doesn't even qualify as actual grown food, animals for food that are given so many antibiotics it's making people immune to common flu medicines, and the list goes on. So yeah, good for all of us who have made it through. I thought this was for "Deep Thinking"? ;)

Edited by Walter

The Best Western I'm in tonight sucks compared to the one from the night before. Amazing how each hotel as part of a chain can be so different. The other thing I notice is that they have begun to move the mirror away from the wall facing the bed in there hotels. Woodstock New Brunswick tonight, try and find that on a map! Not very many good places to eat in this town either.

http://youtu.be/1VM2eLhvsSM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BORN IN 1930's, 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and Early 80's !!! You drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. You shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

Yep....That's how it was for me in the 1960s.

Fast Forward

Billionaire Bill Gates wants to quench the worlds thirst. But instead of inventing a new method of utilizing rain water, the computer programmer wants people to drink recycled poop.

I watched the piles of feces go up the conveyer belt and drop into a large bin, Gates casually describes. They made their way through the machine, getting boiled and treated. A few minutes later I took a long taste of the end result: a glass of delicious drinking water. I would happily drink it every day.

http://youtu.be/bVzppWSIFU0

This guy's full of it.

well its been a day of boring household stuff, as for the television that's gotten more channels with absolutely nothing on. but its the total no music playing as your doing other household bits and pieces making me slightly unhappy. wow wee when the doctor said your going sick for two weeks I went absolutely :nuke: mad beyond happiness. but only three days in than I`m now I`m totally :mad: with boredom and missing :hysterical: about being outside the works once your on holiday. maybe its nothing better to do...

well I`ve been to the cells of the outer mind of reality which has been a some what been nearly happened the other night when the headphones on TTP OATE...

Quote:

so here I am just a man wish on the moon... once I`ll find the answers to which I`ll never find.

well most of the frontmen I`m a fan of are flamboyant frontmen like Kory Clarke, John Corabi, W. Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, Ville Valo, Karl McCoy, Shannon Hoon, Cormac Neeson, Steven Tyler and Robert Plant... there`s nothing to bet it ballsy, bluesy rock `n` roll singers...