Tour Over Europe 1980: A Glimmer of Hope or a Wet Book of Matches?

A multi-timed banned pathetic, egotistical, pedophile, loser who still lurks about under various names. Not sure why it came up in this thread though, and directed at you of all people Sue. Hope you are enjoying your birthday!!! :)

So was there ever a revised working set list? Or was the European tour set pretty much going to be brought to America? I agree that White Summer should be put up on a shelf & left to collect dust indefinitely.

Nobody really knows. I'm sure tweaks and changes would've been made, as they usually were when they toured Europe before America. But the framework probably would have remained the same....

Steady now. I'm still convinced "Sue" is actually the infamous Joel. B)

Well I guess it could be a guy. :sarcastic_hand: One never knows on the interwebs. :video_chat:

But If Sue is a girl its a wonderful thing! :angel:

A, Never met a girl who liked Zeppelin as much as I do.

B. Never met a girl who appreciates live music and the nuance of live performance itself. :veryhot:

C. Never ever met a girl who could talk Bootlegs. :veryhot::veryhot:

Sure would like to meet a girl like that. :peace:

No surgery necessary. Lesbians like women, men like women. We are both attracted to the same thing.

:slapface:

Words have meaning....and yes, I'm aware of what you are trying to say. I used that line too, when I was a teenager. :P

Sorry Grandpa! I'll never use your joke again.

Bloody freaking pirating thread jackers!!! :threadjacked:

Prepubescent boy chasing a girl who love girls but might be a guy...(but doesn't know the man named 'Tim'); it's like a Miley Cyrus version of "Lola" around here :redcard: (but I must admit I had a chuckle at the Grandpa response :sarcastic_hand: )

Edited by journeytoroom101

Sorry Grandpa! I'll never use your joke again.

...and you are?

Now go back and keep bitching about how you're not getting credit for your tabs over in the Stairway thread, Junior.

Hope I'm not a grandpa, my son is only 10....

Edited by Walter

It was an optimistic tour, and there are moments of musical majesty -- but they weren't as many (or as often) as in the past, due to the personal and health issues that were plaguing the band at the time.

I like this take. It was optimistic and there are real moments of amazing musicianship.

A good tour, very brief, but well worth mentioning in the Zeppelin history books.

...and you are?

Now go back and keep bitching about how you're not getting credit for your tabs over in the Stairway thread, Junior.

Hope I'm not a grandpa, my son is only 10....

I'm gonna ignore you from now on but just to be clear I don't want credit for anything. That belongs to the guy who did the tabs. I just think its interesting how the supposed Zep Heads here aren't more interested in the truth over speculation thats all. Now if you want to make more of it you'll be doing by yourself.

This got heavy outta nowhere...

Ok, back on topic.

The first show I got from the 1980 tour was the Frankfurt show. I think its a great show with some really great playing by Jimmy. During Trampled Under Foot his soloing is imaginative and furious with some great wah wah action at the end of the second solo.

• 3 months later...

I know this could be the same with the '77 tour as well but as Zeppelin progressed through the years new songs were recorded and yet so many were never played live... how does the band get to 1980 & decide to bring back TKAR and continue playing SIBLY... don't get me wrong i love these songs but they were trying to be fresh but actually going backwards... have the bandmembers made comments as to why they didn't roll out some of the awesome album tracks we never heard live? I know in 1980 the setlist was streamlined in many ways and some stuff off of ITTOD was being performed... but I always shake my head at some of the amazing tracks they recorded and left in the dust... just look at For Your Life in 2007...