Rolling Stones Thread

icantquityoubabe

• 4 months later...

Have fun. I'm sitting this one out.

The first time I saw the Rolling Stones they had Mick Taylor. The last time I saw the Rolling Stones Mick Taylor was with them again. I like the symmetry of that...40 years of Rolling Stones concerts beginning and ending with Mick Taylor.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Have fun. I'm sitting this one out.

The first time I saw the Rolling Stones they had Mick Taylor. The last time I saw the Rolling Stones Mick Taylor was with them again. I like the symmetry of that...40 years of Rolling Stones concerts beginning and ending with Mick Taylor.

If I win tickets from radio, I’ll go. Otherwise, I’ll sit this one out, too.

I’ve seen the Stones multiple times over the years, too (w/ Prince, Living Colour, etc) 

R😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, reids said:

If I win tickets from radio, I’ll go. Otherwise, I’ll sit this one out, too.

I’ve seen the Stones multiple times over the years, too (w/ Prince, Living Colour, etc) 

R😎

A friend Won tickets, so I’m going to see them in Atlanta in July. 

R😎

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, kirchzep27 said:

I am surprised the stones upper management, public relations and human resources dept signed off on that song

Question being.......is this necessary? 

It's new material but no, it's not a remarkable song. The music video that accompanies it looks like it was produced in 15 minutes or less.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, kirchzep27 said:

I am surprised the stones upper management, public relations and human resources dept signed off on that song

The Stones, Keith Richards, at this stage in the game, need to get approval to release a song? I doubt this is how it works.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, kirchzep27 said:

Question being.......is this necessary? 

They're capable & driven to write and play music. If you're able to do what you love, especially at their age, of course it's necessary. Jagger, Watts, & Richards are pushing 60 years of being an active R&R unit which continues to perform and write new material. That is fucking astounding and should be celebrated.

Critics be damned. It's only pandemic Rock & Roll. But, I like it.

On May 2, 2020 at 2:18 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

The Stones, Keith Richards, at this stage in the game, need to get approval to release a song? I doubt this is how it works.

They're capable & driven to write and play music. If you're able to do what you love, especially at their age, of course it's necessary. Jagger, Watts, & Richards are pushing 60 years of being an active R&R unit which continues to perform and write new material. That is fucking astounding and should be celebrated.

Critics be damned. It's only pandemic Rock & Roll. But, I like it.

But do we need the rolling fucking stones....reminding us that its a ghost town and this is a totally messed up situation?

I would think a young hot band, wouldnt even want to write a song about it. But after, look what the cat dragged in, the rs are writing about any fucking thing. Also, god bless them 

15 hours ago, kirchzep27 said:

But do we need the rolling fucking stones....reminding us that its a ghost town and this is a totally messed up situation?

Probably not, but contemporary social issues are often referred to by Jagger and the Stones in their music. Living In A Ghost Town...England Lost...Sweet Neo Con...Highwire...Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)...Midnight Rambler, etc.

8 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

They're reminding us that we can still find a way to do our thing and carry on in spite of this situation.

That and I’d rather have them releasing new related music than Bieber or Swift any day.

R😎

19 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Enjoyed it, especially the background singer dancing during Sympathy for the Devil with Mick and Midnight Ramble is awesome. :thumbsup:

Cool 😎👍

R😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...