Robert wants to hear new music from Jimmy, new interview

Trey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/11058691/Robert-Plant-Theres-only-me-Mick-Jagger-and-Rod-Stewart-left.html

In this interview released today Robert talks about Jimmy saying “He should get on and do something, he’s a superb talent. That’s the sad thing for Jimmy, he knows that I’m his guy, I’m his pal, but the warmth that he needs to actually enjoy the world, it’s all there. Come on and give it to us.”

I feel stupid but the way Robert phrases this I can't be sure I have it exactly! What does he mean by I'm his guy and the warmth he needs out in the world? What's Robert implying?

This interview has really got me thinking of the many quotes we've seen in the press from Jimmy and Robert over last few years. What is the deal with Jimmy and Robert's relationship? I've been watching past interviews with Led Zep and there are very telling signs of tension between them.

In Charlie Rose Led Zep interview 2012 Charlie really asks the tough questions to Robert about how it was him who didn't want to do a tour and keep reunion going. If you watch Jimmy he's smiling as he says this as if he's glad that that Robert has to deal with this question. Robert sidesteps the question and I feel that he's not giving the real reason as to why he wants to tour. Charlie then asks Jimmy why couldn't Led Zep be about the future and Jimmy shrugs. Why is he shrugging? Shouldn't he be sure about the band's future? Sorry for going on but I thought this Rose interview was the best as it really highlighted the tension. If you watch JP Jones and Jimmy's body language when Robert is talking it's very telling- constant tapping of fingers and facial expressions! Why is there this tension and why can't they all sit down and have a talk? It seems a lot is left unsaid with these three judging from the awkwardness and tension.

There has been back and forth between Robert and Jimmy this year in the press. Jimmy saying he's fed up and Robert saying he's disappointed and baffled by Jimmy and so on. Even in a recent radio interview with Page he jokingly says he doesn't think Robert wants him to be anywhere but this shows his true feelings. Does Jimmy think Robert doesn't like him anymore and that's why he won't play with him? He doesn't seems to understand Robert's reasons for not getting back with Zep because he says he can't understand why Robert wants to play Led zep with other band members and not the original guys. They obviously don't communicate and talk. Is Jimmy really puzzled by Robert not wanting to do this or is he playing a game? Why can't they pick up the phone or meet for a chat?

I'm just really interested to hear the views on Jimmy and Robert's relationship now from people here. I'd love for Jimmy to release new music and tour also!

I think what Plant is saying is "PAGE himself, has the warmth he needs to enjoy the world". He doesn't need RP or anyone to enjoy the world.

As for the relationship between the band members and their opinions on another reunion, that has been debated innumerable times, and it really doesn't even matter anymore.

Led Zeppelin can't tour because Bonzo isn't with us anymore. He hasn't been for quite a while now actually, for those who haven't noticed. Jason is one heck of a drummer, not saying otherwise, but he's not Bonzo, it was those four guys, that's why they won't tour. Plus, I've always felt like for Robert to tour as LZ would bring him some bad memories. There's too much pain in the past to even think about revisiting. Jimmy is doing something. LZ has always been his band, his thing, everything he does is zeppelin related, it's not like he just sits at home and drinks tea all day. He is a working man, and he works every day on LZ.

You have to love the way Robert chooses his words. :lol:

Is the warmth the music or the inspiration maybe? Robert says he's his guy, he isn't planning on releasing any more solo albums so does that mean Robert is opening the door to a collaboration with Jimmy? That we be amazing!!

Either way I agree with Robert! I'm dying to hear new music from Jimmy! :D I hope something comes of this!

This interview is written out in the September issue of Uncut. My only hope is that Jimmy does not see it as a critisism. I too want new music and have been waiting since he has promised in late 2006 at the UK Hall of Fame.

I think Robert is emphasizing they are still friends and brothers but Jimmy himself has the personality and warmth to find and live new musical experiences the way Robert has. Obviously Robert has found fulfillment in his varied projects some that may not have been popular on this board -but he's encouraging Jimmy to find his muse and put his talent out there. I do not see another full album from the two but have no doubt Robert would be more than happy to sing on a song or two....we read what the press shows ....us we have no idea If just since that interview, they have talked ..... The word"reunion" should be put to bed. Led Zeppelin ended when John Bonham died. I will never understand how Townshend and Daltrey can cancel 2 shows after Entwhistle died and just go on as the Who....

Love is enough -

Though the World be a waning

And the Woods have no Voice

But the voice of complaining...(Jimmy??)

My hands shall not tremble

My feet shall not falter

The Voyage shall not weary

The Fish shall not alter...

Oh this Rainbow, yes this Rainbow

Can't you see the eyes are the eyes

of a Lover...

I will never understand how Townshend and Daltrey can cancel 2 shows after Entwhistle died and just go on as the Who....

Not to knock another pointless "oh, please Jimmy..." thread off topic but Pete Townshend has explained he felt the show must go on and that it was a catharsis for he and Roger to continue.

Not to knock another pointless "oh, please Jimmy..." thread off topic but Pete Townshend has explained he felt the show must go on and that it was a catharsis for he and Roger to continue.

I read somewhere that Robert Plant was the opening act on that The Who tour. Is this correct?

• 1 month later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/11058691/Robert-Plant-Theres-only-me-Mick-Jagger-and-Rod-Stewart-left.html

In this interview released today Robert talks about Jimmy saying “He should get on and do something, he’s a superb talent. That’s the sad thing for Jimmy, he knows that I’m his guy, I’m his pal, but the warmth that he needs to actually enjoy the world, it’s all there. Come on and give it to us.”

I feel stupid but the way Robert phrases this I can't be sure I have it exactly! What does he mean by I'm his guy and the warmth he needs out in the world? What's Robert implying?

This interview has really got me thinking of the many quotes we've seen in the press from Jimmy and Robert over last few years. What is the deal with Jimmy and Robert's relationship? I've been watching past interviews with Led Zep and there are very telling signs of tension between them.

In Charlie Rose Led Zep interview 2012 Charlie really asks the tough questions to Robert about how it was him who didn't want to do a tour and keep reunion going. If you watch Jimmy he's smiling as he says this as if he's glad that that Robert has to deal with this question. Robert sidesteps the question and I feel that he's not giving the real reason as to why he wants to tour. Charlie then asks Jimmy why couldn't Led Zep be about the future and Jimmy shrugs. Why is he shrugging? Shouldn't he be sure about the band's future? Sorry for going on but I thought this Rose interview was the best as it really highlighted the tension. If you watch JP Jones and Jimmy's body language when Robert is talking it's very telling- constant tapping of fingers and facial expressions! Why is there this tension and why can't they all sit down and have a talk? It seems a lot is left unsaid with these three judging from the awkwardness and tension.

There has been back and forth between Robert and Jimmy this year in the press. Jimmy saying he's fed up and Robert saying he's disappointed and baffled by Jimmy and so on. Even in a recent radio interview with Page he jokingly says he doesn't think Robert wants him to be anywhere but this shows his true feelings. Does Jimmy think Robert doesn't like him anymore and that's why he won't play with him? He doesn't seems to understand Robert's reasons for not getting back with Zep because he says he can't understand why Robert wants to play Led zep with other band members and not the original guys. They obviously don't communicate and talk. Is Jimmy really puzzled by Robert not wanting to do this or is he playing a game? Why can't they pick up the phone or meet for a chat?

I'm just really interested to hear the views on Jimmy and Robert's relationship now from people here. I'd love for Jimmy to release new music and tour also!

in Plants latest interview around OCT 12 ,2014 Plant actually lays out the path it could take to make "IT" HAPPEN !

or see if its possible

in Plants latest interview around OCT 12 ,2014 Plant actually lays out the path it could take to make "IT" HAPPEN !

or see if its possible

I don't always understand the motives of my family members; people I've known all my life. I'm not about to try to interpret the relationship between two men I've never even met.

I don't always understand the motives of my family members; people I've known all my life. I'm not about to try to interpret the relationship between two men I've never even met.

Around here it just comes down to how they were seated at a press conference table, or if Robert's arms were crossed or uncrossed when he said it. :wacko:

Archived