2015 NFL Thread

Walter

Well, instead of wasting my breath talking about the sorry ass Dolphins, I'll focus on the week as a whole--I believe I'm 10-5 heading into Monday Night, so if the Pack take care of business tonight, that will be a great week for me. Don't know if 11-5 would be enough to win in the standings, but a good week nonetheless.

Looking ahead to week 4, I wonder if NBC wishes the flex scheduling started early in the season--what a dog of a Sunday Night game we have next week--Boys and Saints. No offense meant to you Walter, but unless something screwy happens--and the NFL is always good for that--the Boys should ramrod the Saints....

Ramrod?  I don't think that'll happen - the Panthers barely got bye the Saints in Charlotte.  I hope the Cowboys just get the win and move on....  Of course, I'd love for them to run up a big number against Rob Ryan - but a win is a win and that's what we must have on Sunday night!

So, the Jets and Dolphins get the dubious pleasure of playing in England. I don't believe I've heard the rational behind this nonsense - but will say there can be no good reason for it, in my mind. Should be funny to see how the prim and proper Brits react to Suh's manners, though...

^ So, now we give them 3 games - where does this stop? What about the time difference between west coast teams going there - wouldn't it be like, 7 hours? What about the fans who pay for season tickets and PSLs? There's a big difference in going to 7 games instead of 8, it's not like missing a baseball game. I think the teams volunteer for this? If so, their fans should be pissed! If they want to generate fan interest, how about reducing player salaries and ticket prices.

I've seen the discussions about American football from the members here, who live in England. Not one of them is impressed or understanding of the game's rules or structure. They have "real" football (it does live up to the name, better), and Rugby for "real" men (tough to argue). If a Brit happens to have the urge to see NFL live, they are certainly welcome to hop on an airplane or boat - and come see any team they desire... 

Good. Bottom of AFC West is where I want 'em.

A historic game as well.

Since I knew the Chiefs weren't going to beat the Packers at Lambeau and I had plans for the night, I skipped the game. So what did I miss? What made it historic, SANBR?

Well, several things.

1) Kansas City earned its first loss in franchise history at Lambeau Field, having won their previous three games there.

2) Alex Smith finally snapped his streak of no TD passes to a WR since December of 2013. Seriously, he went an entire season without lobbing one to a wideout.

3) Derrick Johnson broke the Chiefs record for most career tackles, finishing the game at an even 1,000

4) Aaron Rodgers extended his streak of TD's thrown at home without an interception to 48. That's the longest active streak in the NFL. It was nearly snapped, but a Chief dropped the easy pick. He also extended his NFL record for most consecutive passes at home without an INT.

5) Rodgers set the new franchise record for 5-TD games at four, breaking Favre's record of three.

6) GB extended its streak of home game wins, including playoffs, to 11, the longest active streak in the league. 

7) With GB finally defeating KC at home, only Houston remains to beaten at Lambeau.

So just a bunch of records. Game itself wasn't terribly exciting. GB dominated most of the game. 

KC made a comeback after being down 31-7, but it was too little, too late. 

Well, several things.

1) Kansas City earned its first loss in franchise history at Lambeau Field, having won their previous three games there.

2) Alex Smith finally snapped his streak of no TD passes to a WR since December of 2013. Seriously, he went an entire season without lobbing one to a wideout.

3) Derrick Johnson broke the Chiefs record for most career tackles, finishing the game at an even 1,000

4) Aaron Rodgers extended his streak of TD's thrown at home without an interception to 48. That's the longest active streak in the NFL. It was nearly snapped, but a Chief dropped the easy pick. He also extended his NFL record for most consecutive passes at home without an INT.

5) Rodgers set the new franchise record for 5-TD games at four, breaking Favre's record of three.

6) GB extended its streak of home game wins, including playoffs, to 11, the longest active streak in the league. 

7) With GB finally defeating KC at home, only Houston remains to beaten at Lambeau.

So just a bunch of records. Game itself wasn't terribly exciting. GB dominated most of the game. 

That is a shocking record actually.  Who would have guessed that.  I mean, true they only meet maybe once a decade but its still strange.  Its simply a matter of catching them at the right time.  Cannot call it a jinx because they do not play enough.  For some time a couple of jinx's in the old days.  Atlanta had the Bears number.  And the Lions had the Rams number.  How about that stretch where Oakland did not play at Pittsburgh for 25 years after the famous "Immaculate reception game"?

I actually think there will be 4 games played in London this year.  There also is talk about the Super Bowl being played there eventually! :blink:

I don't understand what all the emphasis is on this - is it another Goodall wack job? Usually, I just watch the local games, many times with the sound off and music on - don't watch sports news or radio, so I haven't heard much about this.

Funny how there are so many rule changes, new penalties, concerns about players bodies and minds after they retire - yet they want to introduce extreme travel and time differences, to players who rely on strict schedules for training and recuperation. 

That is a shocking record actually.  

Well, I hear the Chiefs didn't get a single TD to a WR all of last season. That has to be some sort of record, too? It's not like they are a hopelessly crap team.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you are aware that my Giants are coming to visit your Bills this Sunday. Giants getting injured guys back, now - and Bills may be without your top WR and RB (this is not an official injury report, lol). Will it make up for the disparity in each team's pass rush?

Let's hear some good old fashioned trash talk! 

Well, I hear the Chiefs didn't get a single TD to a WR all of last season. That has to be some sort of record, too? It's not like they are a hopelessly crap team.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you are aware that my Giants are coming to visit your Bills this Sunday. Giants getting injured guys back, now - and Bills may be without your top WR and RB (this is not an official injury report, lol). Will it make up for the disparity in each team's pass rush?

Let's hear some good old fashioned trash talk! 

OK.  We are going to take your bitch ass's apart!!!!  Fucking write it down!!  Ha.  I do feel we have the better team.  And so does Vegas as the line is 7 last I checked.  We can win this game with or without McCoy.  And certainly without Sammy.  Our defense is going to make Eli's life hell. You are not by any means the only Giants fan I know.  Plenty around here too.  One I will be calling soon to talk some shit to.  :lol:

Well, several things.

8) These teams competed in SuperBowl I.

Gee, my Bills kick some ass and its like a morgue around here. 

Hahaha, so you figured you'd lighten it up by baiting me into a discussion about the Broncos, eh?!

Denver is going to steamroll over Minnesota at Mile High, as assuredly as Buffalo is going to beat Peyton's brother at Ralph Wilson's joint.

If our respective teams can't defeat their opponents this week,  then we're in serious trouble. 

Some interesting tidbits about Monday night's game:

1) Monday's game was the second MNF matchup between GB and KC. The last time they met on MNF was in 1993. 

2) GB have appeared on MNF in every season since that '93 game. That streak of 23 seasons is the second-longest in the league, behind only the Denver Broncos' 24.

3) The Chiefs-Packers matchup has now happened 12 times. KC still holds the lead with 7 wins, with GB winning 4 games, and the final game ending in a tie. And of course, as jabe pointed out, their first matchup was Super Bowl I, when Lombardi's Packers emerged victorious 35-10.

4) The Packers edged closer to a .500 MNF record with Monday night's win. Their current MNF standings sit at 30-31-1.

5) In 1983, Green Bay defeated the defending Super Bowl champion Washington Redskins 48-47 in a Monday night game. This still stands as the highest-scoring MNF game in NFL history.

OK.  We are going to take your bitch ass's apart!!!!  Fucking write it down!!  Ha.  I do feel we have the better team.  And so does Vegas as the line is 7 last I checked.  We can win this game with or without McCoy.  And certainly without Sammy.  Our defense is going to make Eli's life hell. You are not by any means the only Giants fan I know.  Plenty around here too.  One I will be calling soon to talk some shit to.  :lol:

As a fellow NY-er, I know your team well. Here are the names of the Bill's DB's: Toast, Toasty, Toasted, and Most Toast.

Write that down, Corny!

Archived