2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

POST AND RUN KING NUTSO.   THAT IS ALL  HE DOES.  NEVER READS ANYONE'S POSTS BUT HIS OWN RHETORIC.  WELL, YOU ARE IN FOR RUDE AWAKENING WITH YOUR ST LOUIS DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR .  

My delusions of Grandeur?  When was the last time the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series or even appeared in a World Series?  I will tell you:  the last time the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series was way back in 1983.  That was 33 years ago.  I suppose you must have been in your 50's around that time so you are the one who keeps living in and around that time period.  I was 13 years old at that time.  I think that YOU are the ONE with delusions of Grandeur if you really think that the Baltimore Orioles are going to win the 2016 World Series.  They have not done it in over 33 years. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals last won a World Series 5 years ago.  5 years against 33 years?  You are the One who has specific delusions because every year the Orioles either fail to make the Post-Season or just plain "choke" when it comes to making a Wild Card spot. 

This is a real Fact:  If the Saint Louis Cardinals do make it to the 2016 Post-Season, They will be the 4th team in MLB History to make it to the Playoffs 6 times in 7 years. 

I am an easy going person, but since you disrespected Me, I really hope that your Orioles do not even make it past the first round of the Playoffs. 

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

My delusions of Grandeur?  When was the last time the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series or even appeared in a World Series?  I will tell you:  the last time the Baltimore Orioles won a World Series was way back in 1983.  That was 33 years ago.  I suppose you must have been in your 50's around that time so you are the one who keeps living in and around that time period.  I was 13 years old at that time.  I think that YOU are the ONE with delusions of Grandeur if you really think that the Baltimore Orioles are going to win the 2016 World Series.  They have not done it in over 33 years. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals last won a World Series 5 years ago.  5 years against 33 years?  You are the One who has specific delusions because every year the Orioles either fail to make the Post-Season or just plain "choke" when it comes to making a Wild Card spot. 

This is a real Fact:  If the Saint Louis Cardinals do make it to the 2016 Post-Season, They will be the 4th team in MLB History to make it to the Playoffs 6 times in 7 years. 

I am an easy going person, but since you disrespected Me, I really hope that your Orioles do not even make it past the first round of the Playoffs. 

Lets talk about right now.  I do not think your Cardinals are as good as the Orioles.  No way in hell.  Why don't you stop with your nonsense.   The Orioles have only been in the league since the 50s.  Comparing the past is not really a fair thing.  The Cards have been around far longer.  You have your hands full getting in.   Not that we do not also but I think we can get to the one off.  That will be nerve wracking. 

Paul, just imagine if the Mets had their pitching staff.  I mean, they would be a force perhaps?  But take nothing from this Cubs team.  They are going to be tough.  I still think the Dodgers will be the other team standing to play them.  We will see.

Boston came to play and helped us out by beating Toronto.  The Yankees may be pissed and try to beat us today.  WE  must be ready.  Now I hope St Louis gets knocked out. Just to shut that guy above up.

POST AND RUN!!!  THAT IS ALL THAT KING GUYS DOES!!!!!  POST AND RUN.  NEVER READS ANYONE ELSE'S POST.  I AM SOOOO SICK OF THIS GUY.  CARDINALS SUCK.  MAYBE HE WILL SEE THAT?

Back to normal discussion, I knew the pesky Tigers would have to be dealt with.  I am not sure if I would rather play the Blue Jays or the Tigers?  I mean, I know its Happ if its the Jays.  If its the Tigers its the likely rookie of the year pitcher, Fullmer.  Either way its tough.  We would be wise to send Gausman but lets see how Miley does tonight coming off an almost complete game win.  He must shut down a very inept Yankees lineup.  The Yankees are a depleted bunch right now.  And their heads are hanging.  We need to just wipe them out and get home field.  But sometimes I think we might be better served playing the one game on the road?  I guess conventional thinking never lands there?  So its Toronto or Detroit assuming we dont fuck this up?  I sure hope not.  One win in the last two games I believe assures us at least a game to decide it.  Imagine having to play two of those elimination games? No thanks.  Beat the Yankees or get help from the Red Sox or Braves.  Both scenarios are possible..Schoop woke up and that is huge.  Now we need to get Manny swinging the lumber like he can.  I a really hoping we get this WC and win it.  Then get to go to either Texas or Cleveland

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

I am so sick of getting a fucking history lesson in red every time I come on this board.  Shove your Cardinals King Bozo!!!  Lets talk about the here and now.  Lets see if your team gets in.  Hanging by a thread.  I almost hope they do so they can get their ass's handed to them by the Mets or Cubs.  They would never see the Cubs.  And have already been taken to the wood shed by them countless times.  I have a team that is far better than yours this year.  I have the HR champion.  You have nothing.  

55 years ago today, Roger Maris hit his 61st home run of the season breaking Babe Ruth's record of 60 in a season - which had stood since 1927.  Maris' record still stands today, for non-steroid using players.  IMO, he should be in the Hall of Fame.

image.jpg

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Again, let's go Mets and Giants...

Looks like an S.F. mini-surge against L.A.

Could S.F. be sandbagging?

Sandbagging:  To downplay or misrepresent one's ability in a game or activity in order to deceive (someone):lol:

4 hours ago, Walter said:

55 years ago today, Roger Maris hit his 61st home run of the season breaking Babe Ruth's record of 60 in a season - which had stood since 1927.  Maris' record still stands today, for non-steroid using players.  IMO, he should be in the Hall of Fame.

image.jpg

I cannot believe he's not in the Hall Of Fame. I remember the 1962 World Series when they played S.F. My teacher let me bring my transistor radio into class so we could all listen. 103 seasonal wins is no guarantee.

1962 World Series (4-3): New York Yankees (96-66) over San Francisco Giants (103-62)

TRANSISTOR RADIO.jpg

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I forgot to mention....Yankees Win!  7-3.  Cards still one game out of the last WC spot, last I heard.

Stupid game management by buck.    ODay should have had the ball as he is our best.  Nick Markakis, an old friend just did us a huge favor and hit one out vs Tigers.   Detroit and Toronto have their hands full so if either lose, we are pretty much in.  Yankees will pay.

Apparently, one portion of the American League playoffs is set--congrats zepscoda, if you're reading this, on the Rangers clinching the top spot & waiting on whoever is the Wild Card winner...

Boston and Cleveland will be the other division series & I'm not sure which horse to pick in that race, yet. I know I like Corey Kluber over David Price in Game 1--but beyond that--who knows....

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Are the Dodgers purposely tanking against the Giants so as to assure they won't have to face the Cardinals in the playoffs?

You know what, most will dismiss this but I think that this could be an actual true statement.  The Los Angeles Dodgers have already secured a Post-Season appearance so losing these games to the San Francisco Giants makes sense.  Even though the Saint Louis Cardinals have yet to secure a Post-Season appearance (and may not this year), I do feel like the Dodgers would do anything and everything in their power to (potentially) avoid playing the Cardinals in any Playoff scenario.  The Dodgers may have the better record then the Cardinals but the Dodgers have not had much success against the Cardinals in the past few Post-Season match-ups. 

For the Giants and the Cardinals, later today will decide their "Fates" this 2016 Major League Baseball Season. 

Edited to add:  Not to be a Dick (like Rick has been to Me), but I really hope that his Baltimore Orioles "choke" and choke BAD.  He doesn't like Me because of the Championships and World Series Titles that the Cardinals have had this Century, compared to NONE of the Championships and World Series Titles the Baltimore Orioles have (this Century).  JEALOUSY IS A BITCH!!!  (and he should know considering he is at least 30 years older than me).

Edited by kingzoso

5 hours ago, redrum said:

Sandbagging. S.F. still has a better road record than L.A.

I think you are going to get to fly 3000 miles to NY and I will cheer for you.  But only in one game.  The Cubs will then destroy the winner.  I like the Dodgers to beat the Nats.

One thing is for sure, the Orioles will not play their last game today.  They cannot be eliminated.  Best case is a win and they are at home if Toronto loses and Boston has a ton of motivation today.  If they both win we go to Toronto.  And sometimes there is less pressure being on  the road.  I would like to serve the Yankees up for good measure and send them to hell in a handbasket.  Its tough to hate a AAA team.  And its tougher to lose to one.   We should take care of business if they send Guasman.  But do we really need to send Gausman vs these chumps?  Bundy was listed  Buck has left it open to change until game time. Likely to see who looks better in practice.   

Oh King.  To get in your boys must win, Giants must lose and then you must win a one off game vs the Giants.   I mean, possible.  But then you spend your best pitcher just to get in.  Then on to Chicago for the embarresing ass whipping.  The Cub will show no mercy.  I think its better you pack your bags and get out of Dodge.  

The lines are not out in Vegas yet for most of todays big games.  Unreal.  Is because they dont know who is pitching.  The Tigers are in big trouble thanks to those pesky Atlanta Braves.  Remember them??  The Tomohawk chop was going last night and it was nice to see and hear.  Sure it helped us.  And so too did the Oakland A's.  I did not see that coming.  Did not think Seattle would be eliminated by the A's but they are finished.  In case you are not reading

SEATTLE IS ELIMINATED.   DETROIT NEEDS A MIRACLE.   ST LOUIS NEEDS HELP.  KING NEEDS HELP. (the kind I cannot supply)

I wonder what kind of a crowd the Yankees will draw today.?  We need to put an ass whipping on them.  Gausman needs to pitch

So Vin Skully and Dick Enberg will announce their final games today!!!!!   Lest not forget Enberg.  Great carreer and many a famous football game.  I believe he announced the famous game between San Diego and the Miami Dolphins back in 1983 when the Chargers made it to the Freeze Bowl II vs the Bengals where the weather was too much to overcome.  Remember the game Kellen Winslow had?

Goodbye to two fabulous announcers.  Vin Skully and Dick Enberg.  Also goodbye to Turner field in Atlanta.  Last game in the Braves old home.  

Lest settle this and lets go O's!!!!!!

I made a mistake--not the first time that's happened, ha ha--but the BoSox and the Indians still have something to play for. Trying to see who gets homefield in their playoff series--so Price pitches today and Tito Francona, for whatever reasons is holding Kluber back for Game 2 of the ALDS. 

And I'm still not sure who will win that series...  :unsure:

18 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I made a mistake--not the first time that's happened, ha ha--but the BoSox and the Indians still have something to play for. Trying to see who gets homefield in their playoff series--so Price pitches today and Tito Francona, for whatever reasons is holding Kluber back for Game 2 of the ALDS. 

And I'm still not sure who will win that series...  :unsure:

And good for us they have something to play for.   We cannot be eliminated today regardless of our game.  If we lose we will live to see another day.  So I wonder if Buck would be better served to start Tillman, and save Gausman for the WC or one off game?

38 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

The Mets have home field, regardless of what the G-Men & Cards do today. But, I'm still rooting for the Giants, dreaming about the Mad Bum vs. Syndergaard Wednesday Night...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

That would be a heck of a matchup.  The Mets are playing better than the Giants though.