2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Wieters goes yard right handed this time.  5-1 O's!!!!!!!  No bullshit today.  WE are going to the playoffs. Barring a complete disaster.  But the Tigers are losing so we would back in if that holds.  Toronto up 1-0 so unless Boston rallies we must go to Canada to win

9 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ What would be the pitching match-up between O's and the Jays--I think Detroit is cooked, no matter what happens, so O's and Jays are in, just waiting to see where the game is played...

No doubt Tillman.  Unless he feels like Bundy but I say Tillman.  As for Toronto, we wont have to face Happ, so bring on anyone  I highly doubt they go with Dickey.  So I really think Estrada?  Or Stroman

Well I just paid my tribute to Dick Enburg (calling his last Padres game in ARizona) and of course Vin skully calling the game at AT&T park which I visited this summer.  But of course the Orioles Trump all and back I go to see Gausman continue his mastery of the Yankees.  Toronto has a no hitter into the 6th in  Boston so its looking more and more like a trip to Toronto.   Texeira was just honored in NY.  His final game.  Many "lasts" occurring right now in baseball

3 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Oh shit, the Sawx are getting no-hit--only one so far this season, maybe I need to flip....

I hope Buck did the right thing here?  Locking in with Gausman here, but maybe will wish he saved him and went with Tillman vs Yankees.  I personally think Tillman could have beaten Yankees and I would have saved Gausman for the Jays?  But I  do not know their records vs Toronto and I am sure Buck does.  I guess I cant second guess the likes of Buck Showalter.

6 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, that's how you bust up a no-hitter, go deep into the Monster seats--Rick and ebk probably like it... :D

If Boston wins we like it.  It means the Orioles would play the wild card game at home.   But a one game playoff is gut wrenching any where

Ach Britton needs one out!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Detroit is officially eliminated--not that it was ever in doubt. Now we're just waiting on Toronto and Boston to finish...

Our boys must go to Toronto EBK wherever you are?  Lets hope for the best.  Tillman I am sure will be the starter and on a short leash with Bundy and O'Day in the wings.  We can get it done.  I believe it!

16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Our boys must go to Toronto EBK wherever you are?  Lets hope for the best.  Tillman I am sure will be the starter and on a short leash with Bundy and O'Day in the wings.  We can get it done.  I believe it!

I'm here Rick!  I think we can do this!!  I think...

Os and Blue Jays in for the AL. Wild Card game in Toronto.

Giants and Mets in for the NL. Wild Card game in New York.

The Cardinals are out. Just like the Dodgers wanted...Saint Louis being the Dodgers bête noire in the playoffs.

I hate to pull for the Nats--but outside of Clayton--who's in that Dodger rotation that I trust? And Kershaw himself has bad postseason numbers--the Andy Dalton of baseball, if I may use that analogy....

On another note, does Joe Maddon get penalized--as far as the Manager of the Year award--because everyone expected the Cubs to bulldoze the Central this year & opening the door maybe for Dave Roberts or Dusty Baker?

22 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I hate to pull for the Nats--but outside of Clayton--who's in that Dodger rotation that I trust? And Kershaw himself has bad postseason numbers--the Andy Dalton of baseball, if I may use that analogy....

On another note, does Joe Maddon get penalized--as far as the Manager of the Year award--because everyone expected the Cubs to bulldoze the Central this year & opening the door maybe for Dave Roberts or Dusty Baker?

The line is out and the Mets/Giants game is on the board.  But not the Orioles and Jays as there is likely some mystery as to who the pitchers will be. I say Tillman vs Stroman is the logical choice?    As far as the Nats and Dodgers, I would fear the Dodgers far more than the Nats.  Big time.  That Dodgers pen is nuts

syndergard and the Bum!!  Heck of a matchup.  The 3000 mile flight is a bitch as I know..  Mets are  -1 1/2 +195.  O/U is 6

I like the game over.  

I knew there was a reason(s) why I do not like the Dodgers and the Giants.  I can't believe that the Dodgers could not even win one game against the Giants.  The Cardinals did their part today and beat the Pirates but the sorry Dodgers played like they wanted to lose.  I think that Strider was on to something when he asked if the Dodgers were losing on purpose as to avoid possibly playing the Cardinals later on.  Oh well. 

Of all the teams in the Post-Season from the National League, I would like the Mets to make it to the World Series.  Of the American League, I would like the Rangers to make it. 

Of the American League Wild Card game, the Blue Jays and the Orioles, I want the Blue Jays to win. The reason is not because of Rick but because the Blue Jays are Geddy Lee's (of Rush) favorite team. 

As They always say:  there is always next year...

Edited to add:  this will be the first time since 2010 that the Saint Louis Cardinals will not appear in the Post-Season.  A good run and a pretty great accomplishment if you ask me and a feat not achieved by too many teams in the history of Major League Baseball (and that is a very real and true fact, regardless of what some may say otherwise).  I am very proud to be a Saint Louis Cardinals fan (for life). 

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I knew there was a reason(s) why I do not like the Dodgers and the Giants.  I can't believe that the Dodgers could not even win one game against the Giants.  The Cardinals did their part today and beat the Pirates but the sorry Dodgers played like they wanted to lose.  I think that Strider was on to something when he asked if the Dodgers were losing on purpose as to avoid possibly playing the Cardinals later on.  Oh well. 

Of all the teams in the Post-Season from the National League, I would like the Mets to make it to the World Series.  Of the American League, I would like the Rangers to make it. 

Of the American League Wild Card game, the Blue Jays and the Orioles, I want the Blue Jays to win. The reason is not because of Rick but because the Blue Jays are Geddy Lee's (of Rush) favorite team. 

As They always say:  there is always next year...

Edited to add:  this will be the first time since 2010 that the Saint Louis Cardinals will not appear in the Post-Season.  A good run and a pretty great accomplishment if you ask me and a feat not achieved by too many teams in the history of Major League Baseball (and that is a very real and true fact, regardless of what some may say otherwise).  I am very proud to be a Saint Louis Cardinals fan (for life). 

The Dodgers are not sorry, they are a good team.  Your team fell short.  That is it.  The Orioles have a big shot in Toronto.  We  have played well there and they cannot send Happ, their best pitcher.  We can however send Tillman who was our number one ace and had the most wins.  The MLB analysts pick Baltimore.  We have more power throughout the lineup and more depth.  And our bullpen is better and we have Zach Britton, a Cy Young candidate.

LOL.  Icantquityoubabe lives!!!!!!  Sent from my I Pad.  I cannot believe it came through like that?  Thanks to the mods!  They must have freed the monster from the penitentiary?  My thanks.  LOL

So is there anything more nerve wracking than a one game playoff?  NO!!!   Lets Go O's!!!!!!!!!  We must win.  We have come too far to lose this one game to these SOBs.   I cannot stand this team.  Bautista, Anderson and Encarcion.  WE need to come out swinging.  Hit a couple of balls into the upper deck.  I sure hope Tillman is ok with his shoulder bursitis?  I would hope Buck has tested his speed?  If he is not throwing 95 he has no business starting over Jiminez.  But we must put our faith in our manager.

On 10/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, paul carruthers said:

^^ What would be the pitching match-up between O's and the Jays--I think Detroit is cooked, no matter what happens, so O's and Jays are in, just waiting to see where the game is played...

We know the matchups now.  MLB had two guys picking the Jays and Mad Dog Russo who just had Duquette on, is picking the Orioles.  Huge game, two teams that hate each other.  I certainly hate the Blue Jays.  Good luck with your Mets who I pick to win tomorrow but then to lose to the Cubs.  The Mets I do not think can over come the loss of so many pitchers.  But they have had a tremendous finish.  We need our A games from all of our guys, and if this game goes to the bullpen, I like our chances.  Wow, Peter Gammons just picked us.  Go O's

Ouch, Bumgardner is 5-0 lifetime vs Mets and Gammons picks SF

Archived