2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

29 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

It's gotta be yours. At least we have a 5 game series.. there's something not fair about a one game round in a sport based on a season of series match ups.

Best of three sounds a bit more plausible with the wild card.

10 hours ago, redrum said:

Tell us something we don't know.

I noticed that you deliberately "omitted" my sentence of having spoken with Jake Arrieta's mother (on two separate occasions) and told her that I wish the best for her and her son regarding the 2016 Post-Season. 

Now, I ask you, why would you deliberately reply to my post when you are only showing half of what I originally said?  That just shows me (and everyone else who reads this) how shallow a person like yourself can sink to. (I actually get it, you wanted to try and embarrass Me and mock Me and hoped that others would rally to your cry). I am cool with that if that was (and I know it was) your main intention.  Hey, it takes more then a post from someone I do not know to "rile" Me up.  I welcome and enjoy reading responses from things I have said (in this and all the other Forum Topics), whether they agree with Me or totally disdain Me.  I am a lot smarter and wiser than anyone thinks. 

Again, I hope that the Chicago Cubs win this NLDS in San Francisco, in front of the Giants fans and celebrate and go crazy while the Giants fans silently, sullenly and drunkenly exit the park.  I just hope those same silent, sullen and drunk fans do not riot in the streets of San Francisco because the Chicago Cubs beat them in their own city.  If that does happen, that will speak volumes of the fans of the Giants and basically that Great city as a Whole. 

How is that for a retort to your inane post?

...And yes, I am and will always remain a Die-Hard Saint Louis Cardinals Fan

PEACE!!!

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I noticed that you deliberately "omitted" my sentence of having spoken with Jake Arrieta's mother (on two separate occasions) and told her that I wish the best for her and her son regarding the 2016 Post-Season. 

Now, I ask you, why would you deliberately reply to my post when you are only showing half of what I originally said?  That just shows me (and everyone else who reads this) how shallow a person like yourself can sink to. (I actually get it, you wanted to try and embarrass Me and mock Me and hoped that others would rally to your cry). I am cool with that if that was (and I know it was) your main intention.  Hey, it takes more then a post from someone I do not know to "rile" Me up.  I welcome and enjoy reading responses from things I have said (in this and all the other Forum Topics), whether they agree with Me or totally disdain Me.  I am a lot smarter and wiser than anyone thinks. 

Again, I hope that the Chicago Cubs win this NLDS in San Francisco, in front of the Giants fans and celebrate and go crazy while the Giants fans silently, sullenly and drunkenly exit the park.  I just hope those same silent, sullen and drunk fans do not riot in the streets of San Francisco because the Chicago Cubs beat them in their own city.  If that does happen, that will speak volumes of the fans of the Giants and basically that Great city as a Whole. 

How is that for a retort to your inane post?

...And yes, I am and will always remain a Die-Hard Saint Louis Cardinals Fan

PEACE!!!

Man, you are crazy.

16 hours ago, zepscoda said:

It's gotta be yours. At least we have a 5 game series.. there's something not fair about a one game round in a sport based on a season of series match ups.

They won one more game than us head up.  Its bullshit.  I do not even think they won more series than us?  We had a better record vs the East as far as I know.   One game is not right.  Even best of 3.  One game after playing 162 is a travesty.  I hate to say it but I think Texas is pretty much finished.  Same with Boston.  Though Boston is going home.  And they did come back in that miracle come back vs the Yankees years ago.  Everything is falling right into place for the Cubs.   A team of destiny in my opinion.  No stopping them

1 hour ago, redrum said:

I meant the first comment with a bit of humor.

I know you did...and so did 99.9% of the rest of the people here. That's why his response to you was so wack. 

Nats clobber the Dodgers to even it up.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am now hoping that the Cleveland Indians win the World Series.

Sorry, I said this, not Rick.  I am typing this from my phone and it kept a quote that Rick made a few weeks ago and I tried to clear it but it never did.

Again, this is my post and not LedZeppfan1977. 

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Jake Arrieta!!!  Made in Baltimore!   3-0 Cubbies.  This entire thing is falling into place for a Cubs World Series win!!!!

I don't know if you read my posts regarding me meeting and talking to Jake Arrieta's mother.  I have talked to her on two separate occasions.  She is a very nice lady.  She knows that I am a Saint Louis Cardinals fan and she told me she grew up in a town south of Saint Louis.  The last time I talked to her was in the last week of the regular season, so I told her that there still was a chance that the Cardinals and the Cubs could still meet in the Post-Season.  I still wish that that would have happened.  I know that the next time I see her, she will "jokingly" "rub it in my face" that the Cubs made it and the Cardinals did not. 

As much as I like her and have "respect" for the Chicago Cubs, I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the 2016 World Series (whoever the Indians play). 

Archived