Who was or is the coolest person in music?

Levee

Why would Frank Sinatra not qualify?

That's what I'm wondering. If the thread was restricted to rock music, I wouldn't have thrown his name out there but music in general? His whole aura personified "cool".

Maybe they're being that way on purpose, who knows.

Edited by Electrophile

That's what I'm wondering. If the thread was restricted to rock music, I wouldn't have thrown his name out there but music in general? His whole aura personified "cool".

Maybe they're being that way on purpose, who knows.

you could say the same thing for Billie Holliday, Coltrane or Miles Davis.

For me, it was John Paul Jones. The man didn't mind staying in the background, he had no ego and yet his contribution to music cannot be questioned. He was cool and never did or has to prove it. The man is COOL. After seeing him this past Feb with TCV, I was just amazed that here he is after all these years, still quite and elegant. I love all 4 of them but he has my vote for cool :thumbsup:

You're right.

Alot of people don't know of Frank Sinatra. :unsure:

It appears folks here are aware of him but simply don't believe he falls under the banner of "cool". If they aren't aware of his coolness factor then it just goes to show they aren't very educated about Mr. Sinatra. Thus, the "ignorance" comment.

You might be suprised to hear this but I grew up on a "more than healthy" dose of Frank Sinatra.

My Grandad (from my dad's side of the family), who happens to be a huge fan, owns every single album (he is also a rat pack fanatic, by the way!) and every afternoon, right after lunch, he literally bored my poor family to tears by playing his records over and over again! In fact, I remember my dad storming out of the living room and shutting the door to his study and blasting a couple of Pink Floyd tracks just to (in his words) "ease the pain of boredoom!".

In fact, one day, it became so bad that my dad exclaimed : "I'm so sick of that Sinatra prick! Can't we listen to something else?!"...the only thing which didn't occur was my dad and Grandad going head to head in combat! My mom and Grandmom ended up being the referres!

I know many people love Sinatra and I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying that he is so not the "epitome of coolness" blah blah blah (by the way I'm 22 years old and I don't know what the word "coolness" means! It just doesn't make sense! Could some kind soul enlighten me on that one please?)

So, just like when people who have heard "Stairway To Heaven" being played on the radio umpteen times get so sick of it that they would rather not listen to it ever again, the same thing goes for me and Sinatra! And I think that's pretty understandable! Don't you? ;)

Cheers! :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 4 weeks later...