Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

315465_461743897179489_2004455795_n.jpg

Deep Purple (Overseas) and EMI are pleased to announce The 40th Anniversary Edition of "MACHINE HEAD" is to be released on October 8th 2012.

This five discs special edition will be accompanied with fully illustrated 60 page hardback booklet, housed in a luxury box.

CONTENTS INCLUDE:

•CD1: ‘MACHINE HEAD’ ORIGINAL ALBUM 2012 REMASTER

•CD2: 1997 REMIX BY DP's BASSIST ROGER GLOVER

•CD3: ORIGINAL ALBUM QUAD SQ STEREO (2012 REMASTER)

•CD4: IN CONCERT ’72 - 2012 MIX (RECORDED LIVE AT PARIS THEATRE, LONDON 9TH MARCH 1972)

•CD5: 2012 HIGH RESOULTION REMASTER & SURROUND MIX (DVD)

Booklet features:

•Detailed essays from original bassist Roger Glover and Mojo magazine editor Phil Alexander

•Quotations from Deep Purple fans Mikael Akerfelt, Luke Morley, Sebastian Vettel, Eddie Jordan, Brian Tatler, Janick Gers and Peter Hook.

• An interview with famed photographer Didi Zill, whose photos of the legendary recording sessions in Switzerland illustrate the booklet.

Wow - I covete this.

• 11 months later...

quote: The trio of "In Rock", "Fireball" &amp; "Machine Head" is incredible. Three completely different, but brilliant albums. "Who Do We Think We Are" isn't too shabby either and "Made In Japan" is one of the all time great live albums.<br /><br />Do agree too, but think two of their greatest songs followed with "Perfect Strangers" and "Knockin´ At Your Back Door" in the 80's. Were dissapointed as I saw them headlining a festival with Metallica, Dio etc - Blackmore seemed annoyed.<br />Also loved Blackmore´s Rainbow which I saw 1977 with Ronnie Dio (great!)and later with Graham Bonnnet in 1980 when I lost interest in the band. I recommend the "Live in Munich 1977"-DVD, what a blow!<br />Was much more into the early Whitesnake with the Marsden/Moody twin guitar, who were playing their asses off in small clubs and building a growing following. Also enjoyed Gillan on stage with baldhead John McCoy on bass and Bernie Torme on guitar.<br />

Ritchie Blackmore is a great talent but everything I've read about him describes his "moody" and "difficult".

Gillan: ‘If Ritchie had stayed it would have been the end of Deep Purple’

Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan says the band would no longer exist if guitarist Ritchie Blackmore hadn’t quit in 1993.

And he has no desire to speak to his former colleague ever again.

Asked recently whether he might consider picking up the phone, in the light of keyboardist Jon Lord’s death last year, Gillan tells Vorterix Rock: “Not in the slightest.”

He continues: “If you want to talk about Ritchie, I guess we have to. Not many people do these days.

“The truth of the matter is: the band was dying. If Ritchie had stayed it would have been the end of Deep Purple. The shows were getting shorter and shorter, the audiences were getting smaller and smaller.

“We were playing in small halls, they were half-empty, and Ritchie was walking off stage every night. When he left it stopped raining and the sun came out.

“Jon Lord, among others, started walking up straight – his personality re-emerged. So did Roger Glover and Ian Paice: they became the people they were originally, instead of cowering in case they upset Ritchie.”

Gillan says the band spent some time rebuilding after Blackmore’s departure. And now that nearly two decades have gone by, they can live with the events of the past.

“The distance of time is so great that we just remember the good times,” he says. “We remember Ritchie as a great player, great performer, a great writer.

“I remember him as my roommate – I used to share rooms with him. But something happened with Ritchie.”

That appears to be the way things will remain. “I have no desire to pick up the phone to Ritche, or have dinner with him, or meet him,” says Gillan. “I hope he’s well and I hope he’s happy. And that’s the end of it.”

Blackmore’s wife and bandmate Candice Night recently said he was a better songwriter now he’d disengaged himself from “inspiration from darker places.”

Deep Purple – who launched 19th studio album Now What?! earlier this year – will release a live DVDshot during their Perfect Strangers Mark II reunion tour on October 14.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/deep-purple-if-ritchie-had-stayed/

Gillan needs to get his facts right because if he really believes this he is brain dead, the playing on the 93 tour was the best since they got back together, the halls were not small and half empty at all and were near cap or sold out, he says Blackmore was walking off stage every night, that is a joke as he did not

The band was on fire on this tour execpt for Gillans voice which was shot on many nights, he wont talk about that will he ? (listen to some of the shows for yourself) the big reason for this was staying up all night drinking and smoking, you would think him getting back in the band after being kicked out in 89 he would of taken better care of his voice.

Blackmore grew tired of this and left

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

P.S. nothing like biting the hand that feeds you as 80 percent of Purples shows since Blackmore left are songs that Blackmore played on

To be fair to Gillan, he's not the only person who has accused Ritchie Blackmore of being "difficult". Blackmore is of rock's great guitarists and one of the architect's of Deep Purple's sound. IMO, an argument can be made that he belongs in the same company as Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. Like Robert Plant, he follows his muse where ever it takes him.

To be fair to Gillan, he's not the only person who has accused Ritchie Blackmore of being "difficult". Blackmore is of rock's great guitarists and one of the architect's of Deep Purple's sound. IMO, an argument can be made that he belongs in the same company as Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck. Like Robert Plant, he follows his muse where ever it takes him.

Blackmore does belong in the same group of those Banjo players you mentioned, no question about that.

• 3 months later...

Ritchie Blackmore is the main influence on my guitar playing.My third lp back in the day was Made in Japan bought with my own money when i was 14 and i still have it although you could read the newspaper through it it has been played that much.As much as I love Page,Hendrix,Akkerman,van Halen,Lifesonetc Black more will all ways be my fave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

JOE LYNN TURNER Says RAINBOW Reunion Is 'Very Possible'

Former Rainbow singer Joe Lynn Turner says that it is "very possible" that the band will reunite at some point in the near future but has declined to elaborate, claiming that he is "not supposed to talk about it."

Speaking to Greece's Rock Overdose 17 years after Rainbow played its last concert in Esbjerg, Denmark, Turner was asked if he could share any news about the possibility of a reformation of the Ritchie Blackmore-led band that existed from 1975 to 1984 and 1993 to 1997. "Well, I'm gonna be honest with you right now. Yes. Possibly. It's very possible," Turner, who fronted Rainbow from 1980 to 1984, said. "Last year, I wouldn't say it. But this year I say it. It's possible. It's a very big possibility that something might, just might, happen. I heard talk of it and all I can say is I'm not supposed to talk about it, but I'm talking to you now, and all I want you to do is say yes. There's a very big possibility that we may have a reunion. And it would be phenomenal."

http://rockoverdose.gr/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe-lynn-turner-says-rainbow-reunion-is-very-possible/

Edited by luvlz2