Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

From EddieTrunk.com

Former Members Of Dio, Rainbow, Deep Purple Form Purple Rainbow

Rainbow features a line-up of musicians who were part of several of the most influential bands including Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio.

Tony Carey explains, "Now, the members of Purple Rainbow have fulfilled a personal and professional dream and stepped into the spotlight to present the music that is our passion. Driven by our love of performing and their desire to revive the golden years of hard rock, we're staging a return to authentic music that comes from the heart and soul."

The list of memorable songs from their collective Discographies isn ever-ending and includes: "Man on the Silver Mountain," "Stone Cold,""Stargazer," "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll," "Street of Dreams," "Smoke on the Water," "Highway Star," "Burn" and many more.

Purple Rainbow line-up includes: Joe Lynn Turner -Rainbow /Deep Purple/ Yngwie Malmsteen Bobby Rondinelli-Rainbow /Black Sabbath Tony Carey-Rainbow /Planet P. Project Craig Goldy-Dio /Yngwie Malmsteen

The band is currently looking to book concerts in 2009.

Suprised Blackmore is not sueing them .I do however like Yngwie but unless they open for someone I really want to see I doubt I will attend any of thier Shows .I dont care for Joe Lynn Turner

It's funny this thread cropped up now - I was only playing a Rainbow compilation in the car today.

Although my favourite line-ups included RJD & Cozy, I was very pleasantly suprised at how good some of the stuff with Joe Lynn Turner was. "Stone Cold" (as mentioned earlier) stood out as a highlight.

I'm a bit gutted I never got to see Rainbow (in any incarnation), even though I was fortunate to catch the classic Mk II line-up of Purple at Knebworth & later at Birmingham NEC.

Never did get Blackmore's Night, although that's obviously another side of the man in black's playing...

• 4 weeks later...
Suprised Blackmore is not sueing them .I do however like Yngwie but unless they open for someone I really want to see I doubt I will attend any of thier Shows .I dont care for Joe Lynn Turner

That sound interesting, I do agree though JLT gets on my tits, and his voclas just grate, But Ynvie playing Blackmore stuff a t warp speed could be interesting..I will keep my eyes peeled for a tour !

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks mate, I love man on the Silver mountain, catch the rainbow and the cover of Still I'm Sad from his first Rainbow album !!

Yea! I like Man on the mt. Silver too. I heard it years ago but still it's my favourite song.

I like Ritch because his bad attitude and moodness, because I'm not the easiest person in the world either. My favourite "Mark" is III, because coverdale made the best singing ever evenby he and Hughes pressured Blackmore to make more Funk-styled music. The best Rainbow album is Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. I hate JLT and Graham Bonnet years. All the same he had money problems but what was Ritchie Thinking when he asked Dio to forget the "Whitch-theme" and write only love songs???

Tell me, please if you know!

Yea! I like Man on the mt. Silver too. I heard it years ago but still it's my favourite song.

I like Ritch because his bad attitude and moodness, because I'm not the easiest person in the world either. My favourite "Mark" is III, because coverdale made the best singing ever evenby he and Hughes pressured Blackmore to make more Funk-styled music. The best Rainbow album is Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. I hate JLT and Graham Bonnet years. All the same he had money problems but what was Ritchie Thinking when he asked Dio to forget the "Whitch-theme" and write only love songs???

Tell me, please if you know!

I think Blackers wanted to go down the more commercial route, so shorter songs were the order of the day as he liked melody and wanted hit singles.

Agree with Hughes wanting to go on the funkier route, got to love the funky riff of You Fool No One and wished Blackmore did more !

I hope I won't be slapped sideways here for this.......anyone dig Blackmore's Night???! :)

BLACKMORESNIGHTalbumcover-1.jpg

I like any of Ritchie's music really, :huh: but I'm dissapointed that Ritchie and his Ladyfriend have decided to proclaim me dead! :( (Ghost of a Rose,) OK so Candice is a Blackman!

I look a bit like the figure seated oposite Candice Knight on this album cover of 'Shadow of the Moon'........ :unsure:

I did meet Ritchie when I was a 'Maiden', (@13,) .......then I was in a band but didn't really

like the spotlights or the media attention..... :bagoverhead:

You might find me at a campfire live acoustic jam though...... :hippy: < this should help to identify me > :hippy:

Edited by Roisin Dubh

From EddieTrunk.com

Former Members Of Dio, Rainbow, Deep Purple Form Purple Rainbow

Rainbow features a line-up of musicians who were part of several of the most influential bands including Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio.

Tony Carey explains, "Now, the members of Purple Rainbow have fulfilled a personal and professional dream and stepped into the spotlight to present the music that is our passion. Driven by our love of performing and their desire to revive the golden years of hard rock, we're staging a return to authentic music that comes from the heart and soul."

The list of memorable songs from their collective Discographies isn ever-ending and includes: "Man on the Silver Mountain," "Stone Cold,""Stargazer," "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll," "Street of Dreams," "Smoke on the Water," "Highway Star," "Burn" and many more.

Purple Rainbow line-up includes: Joe Lynn Turner -Rainbow /Deep Purple/ Yngwie Malmsteen Bobby Rondinelli-Rainbow /Black Sabbath Tony Carey-Rainbow /Planet P. Project Craig Goldy-Dio /Yngwie Malmsteen

The band is currently looking to book concerts in 2009.

Too cool, I just logged on because my daughter woke me up (at 4 am) and I couldn't get back to sleep. Anyhow, I usually log onto a radio station from Israel 88fm, because it helps me feel connected so I don't miss it too much (yeah right), and I started to read this section and they started playing a Deep Purple Bonanza, ha ha. B)

Judy

Quite honestly, I don't see how he can, he doesn't have EXCLUSIVE rights to the word RAINBOW

or to the colour PURPLE! But if they use any of the Music he has co-written, he can sue them......for 'Royalties' or they will owe him money for using his Music....... sooner or later they will have to pay it.

Edited by Roisin Dubh

I have seen some JLT interviews and other stuff. I think He is a nice fellow. Don't know did he ever argue with Ritchie (what is impossible). It is possible that there was much more than Purple comeback behind the end of the Rainbow. If you ever noticed Ritchie has always kind of "bounced" from heavier to lighter music styles. I am waiting more co-operation with RJD or a new Blackmore's night album. What are you thinking?

Edited by Deep_Zeppelin

I have seen some JLT interviews and other stuff. I think He is a nice fellow. Don't know did he ever argue with Ritchie (what is impossible). It is possible that there was much more than Purple comeback behind the end of the Rainbow. If you ever noticed Ritchie has always kind of "bounced" from heavier to lighter music styles. I am waiting more co-operation with RJD or a new Blackmore's night album. What are you thinking?

Its such a shame he has turned his back on his rock roots, His Child in Time solo was ahead of its time, one of the most amazing solo's put to record yet I saw footage of Bkackmore's Night doing it and it had lost all its soul, it was like listening to a (almost but not) caracature version of it :(.

If the man is happy though then you cannot fault him...but come back Ritchie !!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Tommy Bolin was a heroine user and he was expelled because of it. He poked his playing hand full of drugs and he couldn't play in months. (That's what I've been heard) Dont't know did Hughes or Coverdale give any stuff to Ritchie or Jon. But I herd somewhere, that Ritchie was nearly always drunk on stage.

I have never heard about Ritchie being drunk on stage !! On the Tommy Bolin front, the drugs must of affected his playing, when youlook at some ot the footage of him with Purple on stage he plays really awful and he just couldn't cope playing Ritchies style of playing in songs like Highway Star etc !!

Shame really as he was a talent sometimes.

I wish there'd been at least one more studio album with Bolin, I really like "Come Taste the Band".

I guess "Days May Come and Days May Go" makes up for it, there's some great jamming going on there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQKWZIcW7O4

Yeh I like CTTB too don't get me wrong but the tour they did was dogged by poor performances by him...The james gang stuff is cool though :)