Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

Spectrum was one bad ass fusion album.Bolins work on that was mind blowing.

Too right !!

I was just listening to Fireball today,pretty damn good album,not that well known outside of DP fans.

Fireball was my fave album for a long time, Things like Fireball, Demons E, Fools and No one Came are really great tracks !! The bowing type sound in the middle of fools was Blackmore using the volume pot on his Strat and not a bow (just for interest :rolleyes: ) :)

Too right !!

Fireball was my fave album for a long time, Things like Fireball, Demons E, Fools and No one Came are really great tracks !! The bowing type sound in the middle of fools was Blackmore using the volume pot on his Strat and not a bow (just for interest :rolleyes: ) :)

Leddy I never would have known that pretty cool about the volume pot.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody.

Does anybody know why stormbringer is taking so long to be released? What about the setlist from teh remastered edition?

I also read that come taste the band will have a reissue, but I´m not sure if they finally found the multi tracks or not. can anyone help?

Yes Stormbringer is due out in April/May time and the Start of remastering Come taste starts this year although unlikely release this year !!!

Edited by leddy

I hope I won't be slapped sideways here for this.......anyone dig Blackmore's Night???! :)

BLACKMORESNIGHTalbumcover-1.jpg

I love Ritchie he is awesome but i am not a fan of his newest project sorry Ritchie i bought a few of them but cant get into it.Rainbow with Dio or Graham Bonnet or any of the Deep Purple incarnations with Ritchie or Tommy Bolan .Live RITCHIE is the man

I saw DP in the 80's, and they were LOUD as HELL, esp. the keyboards! My head was hurting for days, but it was worth it. I remember that organ rocking back and forth and hoping it didn't fall over and crush him. I remember Blackmore being so aggressive on the guitar and jumping around like a madman.

I was about 14, and was there with my friend. The guy in front of us had really long hair, and was spinning it around as he banged his head for almost the whole concert until he got up and puked right next to us. My mom couldn't find us after the concert when she came to pick us up. It was well below zero (fahrenhiet) that night, and we were running around outisde in jean jackets. By the time my mom found us she was livid, but when she calmed down she told us that she was looking all over outside the stadium and saw the DP guys getting into a limo. We were SO bummed and were shouting jealous profanities at my mom. She just sat there and smiled.

There's my memory. And oh yeah- fuckin' GREAT concert. Unbelievable.

I saw DP in the 80's, and they were LOUD as HELL, esp. the keyboards! My head was hurting for days, but it was worth it. I remember that organ rocking back and forth and hoping it didn't fall over and crush him. I remember Blackmore being so aggressive on the guitar and jumping around like a madman.

I was about 14, and was there with my friend. The guy in front of us had really long hair, and was spinning it around as he banged his head for almost the whole concert until he got up and puked right next to us. My mom couldn't find us after the concert when she came to pick us up. It was well below zero (fahrenhiet) that night, and we were running around outisde in jean jackets. By the time my mom found us she was livid, but when she calmed down she told us that she was looking all over outside the stadium and saw the DP guys getting into a limo. We were SO bummed and were shouting jealous profanities at my mom. She just sat there and smiled.

There's my memory. And oh yeah- fuckin' GREAT concert. Unbelievable.

Cool, where was the gig ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Deep Purple Rocks and so does Rainbow

Wasn't that Rainbow who did that song "Stone Cold"? That was a really cool, moody song. Weren't there people going back and forth between Rainbow, DP and Sabbath? I get confused and can't remember who was where when, but damn what a lot of great songs. It kills me when the kids here say they wish they could go back in time because I wish I could, too, and see bands sober so I'd remember the concerts better.

I love Ritchie he is awesome but i am not a fan of his newest project sorry Ritchie i bought a few of them but cant get into it.Rainbow with Dio or Graham Bonnet or any of the Deep Purple incarnations with Ritchie or Tommy Bolan .Live RITCHIE is the man

I wasn't into B's N either till my Ritchie-lovin' woman dragged me to one of their live gigs 2 yrs ago....and I must say I enjoyed the show very much. Candice's voice is highly enhanced live of course and the chorus girls were awesome too. Ritchie gave us all a treat by playing Black Night (my absolute FAVE DP song) at the end of the show...really something else!! :)

Robert.

Wasn't that Rainbow who did that song "Stone Cold"? That was a really cool, moody song. Weren't there people going back and forth between Rainbow, DP and Sabbath? I get confused and can't remember who was where when, but damn what a lot of great songs. It kills me when the kids here say they wish they could go back in time because I wish I could, too, and see bands sober so I'd remember the concerts better.

I really like Ritchie but He does seem to have trouble keeping band members.Yes they did Stone Cold

But to Me the first three or maybe even 4 studio lps were thier best. Rainbow,Rainbow Rising,Rainbow Live,Rainbow Down to Earth after that I liked a few songs here and there.As for Deep Purple like a large amount of thier stuff.

Take Care

AL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From EddieTrunk.com

Former Members Of Dio, Rainbow, Deep Purple Form Purple Rainbow

Rainbow features a line-up of musicians who were part of several of the most influential bands including Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio.

Tony Carey explains, "Now, the members of Purple Rainbow have fulfilled a personal and professional dream and stepped into the spotlight to present the music that is our passion. Driven by our love of performing and their desire to revive the golden years of hard rock, we're staging a return to authentic music that comes from the heart and soul."

The list of memorable songs from their collective Discographies isn ever-ending and includes: "Man on the Silver Mountain," "Stone Cold,""Stargazer," "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll," "Street of Dreams," "Smoke on the Water," "Highway Star," "Burn" and many more.

Purple Rainbow line-up includes: Joe Lynn Turner -Rainbow /Deep Purple/ Yngwie Malmsteen Bobby Rondinelli-Rainbow /Black Sabbath Tony Carey-Rainbow /Planet P. Project Craig Goldy-Dio /Yngwie Malmsteen

The band is currently looking to book concerts in 2009.