Bonzo would have been 59 years old at the 02 show

Ginger Baker was 66 for the Cream reunion in '05, and he kicked ass. Even soloed for thirteen minutes on Toad. And Baker still smokes - he was puffing away during the encore breaks.

Ginger never hit as hard as Bonzo, but I don't think that means his parts are less physically demanding (and of course he was double-bassing it.)

No question that Bonzo could have kept up.

I am sure that Jason would have loved not to have played at the o2 and had a father for the last 27 years.

Don't some people write some absolute bollocks here?

What if? What is some of you got a life. There is a life outside of Led Zepplelin as the three remaining members keep telling everyone - but no-one seems to want to listen.

Anyway well done Jason, you did a great job.

You are exactly right, and thinking logically.The reality is Bonzo left us 27 years ago.

The reality is Jason gladly and proudly stood in for him.

The reality is Jason, as you mentioned, did rather well.

But the reality is also that there are millions of fans who would like, and actually believe they (and we) could return to the so-called glory years of 1969-75.

I'm just happy that they could come out in 2007 and be themselves, with nothing left to prove, and make an old fan cry tears of joy!

I'm happy and amazed that Jimmy is not only still breathing, but can still play with dignity and passion.

I'm happy that Robert can come from perhaps the most accomplished album of his solo career and rediscover Percy after all this time.

I'm happy that someone else parked the car other than John Paul that night.

If they never grace a stage again,they have at least given us a stark reminder of what all the fuss was about in the first place!.

Edited by Gervox

:beer: We'll never know, but I truly believe Bonzo could and would have been as good to this day.

A few weeks ago, I went to see Slade's Xmas gig, and drummer Don Powell, at 61 years of age has lost NOT A STEP, I tell you. He retains all of his speed and power, and is at the stage where he knows the songs in his sleep, as you might expect.

Why not Bonzo ? I say the thunder would be there, ALL OF IT !! :thumbsup:

Wow! you went to see Slade?

Was Noddy there?

They inadvertently saved my life once, a long time ago.

I have since maintained for years that Its impossible to kill yourself after listening to a Slade record!

As for Bonhams drumming, he was the most powerful there was ,even if he might have lost some of that power over the years, it really wouldn't have made much of a difference.He still would have made Grohl wet his pants!(bless him)

But of course, it's all pure speculation. We should enjoy them for what they were, what they still are, and what they still will be in the centuries to come.

Edited by Gervox

Did he or are you implying something by that? Please explain.

There is a point during Kashmir when Robert walks from his mike to kick something off the stage from behind Jimmy.

Going by some of the earliest posts, this was indentified as a hat.

The footage does not make this clear.If it was indeed a hat, then I deem it was probably more of a sombrero than a bowler!.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a beach ball he kicked off the stage. The hat was set aside.

I don't know for sure,- you might be right, but I seem to remember the beach ball during the Encore, and Robert picked it up.

I don't think he kicked it.

Clear memorys are now fading into legend, as they should,and it is the Festive Season after all! :D

Edited by Gervox

Missed you both so much, KB and Ev! So glad to see you here!

yes, off topic, but who cares? :D

Not me, and the rest can deal however they must. Off topic yes, but friends who've had so much history should be permitted to say hello openly without resorting to PM. I've missed you Celia, and Knebby so much, and Bilbo, Sam, IGG, 9, Eskimo, Aqua, Calia...the list goes on.

All my love to you!!!! :beer:

Edited by Evster2012

Wow! you went to see Slade?

Was Noddy there?

They inadvertently saved my life once, a long time ago.

I have since maintained for years that Its impossible to kill yourself after listening to a Slade record!

sadly, neither Noddy (or Jimmy Lea) play with the band nowadays - and the difference is there for all to see (although they do keep in touch, and have not completely ruled out a return). The other members of the band (Dave Hill and Don Powell) are still there, and do work wonders to keep it rocking - it's a great fun night out. :thumbsup:

SORRY for off topic folks !!

Not me, and the rest can deal however they must. Off topic yes, but friends who've had so much history should be permitted to say hello openly without resorting to PM. I've missed you Celia, and Knebby so much, and Bilbo, Sam, IGG, 9, Eskimo, Aqua, Calia...the list goes on.

All my love to you!!!! :beer:

:wub::kiss: Right back at you Ev and KB!! Hope both of you are back really soon. It's not the same without you.

:beer:

Okay back on topic :D

You are exactly right, and thinking logically.The reality is Bonzo left us 27 years ago.

The reality is Jason gladly and proudly stood in for him.

The reality is Jason, as you mentioned, did rather well.

But the reality is also that there are millions of fans who would like, and actually believe they (and we) could return to the so-called glory years of 1969-75.

I'm just happy that they could come out in 2007 and be themselves, with nothing left to prove, and make an old fan cry tears of joy!

I'm happy and amazed that Jimmy is not only still breathing, but can still play with dignity and passion.

I'm happy that Robert can come from perhaps the most accomplished album of his solo career and rediscover Percy after all this time.

I'm happy that someone else parked the car other than John Paul that night.

If they never grace a stage again,they have at least given us a stark reminder of what all the fuss was about in the first place!.

Thank you. We seem to share a view. Yes it was great to be there. The build up, the people I met and the show will remain in my memory forever. LZ did it - and well - and I don't think it will be seen again. I am blessed to have been a chosen one and am sorry for the millions who missed out, but that is life I am afraid. This thread is about Bonzo snr. and jnr. so I won't ramble on.

Safe journery home jnr.

I'm a 53-year-old drummer, and I can still bring it. That said, I'm sure Jason did his father proud.

I raise my glass to you (though not so high as to my withering arm). Kidding of course! These kids undersestimiate what it takes to play. Gravity may take its hold, but it will never defeat talent!! :beer: