Drinks

Cletus

No chickory coffee :D

Chickory coffee is good. The last time I was in New Orleans, I picked up a couple of cans from Aunt Sally's plus some other goodies. Just think I drank the coffee Black (my usual), no sugar and no cream - now that's living. :D :D

Chickory coffee is good. The last time I was in New Orleans, I picked up a couple of cans from Aunt Sally's plus some other goodies. Just think I drank the coffee Black (my usual), no sugar and no cream - now that's living. :D :D

I did too as well as a mix of Cafe Du Monde begnets. There was a little market across from where I was staying. I confess to having it with milk and sugar but I can't drink coffee black.

I cant drink margurita's. too sour and I dont like the salt around the glass. the only time I ever really liked one was on a hot day in Florida at the Universal Studios version of the Mardi Gras. But, not my favorite drink.

I like the strawberry ones, same here too sour they remind me of kamikazi's.

I'd rather not be reminded of kamikazi's thanks :ph34r:

:lol: Especially on $1 drink night.

There used to be a place here called "Scratches" every year on their anniversary they would have $1 kamikazis and .10cent drafts. Pocket full of change and everyone got wasted :beer::toast::party::drunk::sarcastic_hand:

edited to add that the drinking age then was 18

I cant drink margurita's. too sour and I dont like the salt around the glass. the only time I ever really liked one was on a hot day in Florida at the Universal Studios version of the Mardi Gras. But, not my favorite drink.

You can order them without the salt - I do. Love them on the rocks, not the frozen ones...

Right now, I'm enjoying a Colores Del Sol Argentina Malbec. Got if from Wine.Woot - not a great place to hang out if you love wine but don't have a lot of spare change... :)

:lol: Especially on $1 drink night.

There used to be a place here called "Scratches" every year on their anniversary they would have $1 kamikazis and .10cent drafts. Pocket full of change and everyone got wasted :beer::toast::party::drunk::sarcastic_hand:

edited to add that the drinking age then was 18

I don't think I could stomach them now - I vaguely remember they were pretty sweet.

I just had some of my dad's Pacifico a couple of hours ago, lol. Not bad...I like it better than Corona for a light sort of thing.

Mmm, beignets...je les aime beaucoup! That's my kind of drug...I'd rather eat a dozen of those than get wasted, seriously. Of course, I wouldn't mind a mint julep or two later on (but not with the beignets...that sounds gross). If I move to Nashville, the first road trip I'm taking (after the one to get out there, of course) is definitely going to be to New Orleans.

I like the strawberry ones, same here too sour they remind me of kamikazi's.

When I was a student we girls used to ride down to Chi-Chi's for happy hour and load up on strawberry-banana margaritas :) Or at other places we'd get those tall, blue drinks with fruit in them that looked like Windex :blink:

When I was a student we girls used to ride down to Chi-Chi's for happy hour and load up on strawberry-banana margaritas :) Or at other places we'd get those tall, blue drinks with fruit in them that looked like Windex :blink:

My friends and i loved the Chi Chi's strawberry daiquiri's! I love all the fruity frozen concoctions!

Back then we didn't realize how bad Chi Chi's actually was... i will no longer eat at "crappy" Mexican restaurants (because i have been to authentic and delicious, quality ones)...

My friends and i loved the Chi Chi's strawberry daiquiri's! I love all the fruity frozen concoctions!

Back then we didn't realize how bad Chi Chi's actually was... i will no longer eat at "crappy" Mexican restaurants (because i have been to authentic and delicious, quality ones)...

I don't know if Chi Chi's even exists anymore; the one here closed years ago. There are a few local family run Mexican restaurants that we go to now; I don't get those drinks anymore though :)

I just had some of my dad's Pacifico a couple of hours ago, lol. Not bad...I like it better than Corona for a light sort of thing.

Mmm, beignets...je les aime beaucoup! That's my kind of drug...I'd rather eat a dozen of those than get wasted, seriously. Of course, I wouldn't mind a mint julep or two later on (but not with the beignets...that sounds gross). If I move to Nashville, the first road trip I'm taking (after the one to get out there, of course) is definitely going to be to New Orleans.

I hope you can make it to New Orleans. I haven't been in a long time but I absolutely loved it. A really great city and not like any other I've been to.

I think Chi Chi's exists--at least in the grocery store food entity. We haven't had Chi Chi's in Idaho in forever, but they sell their pre-mixed drinks, salsa, etc., at the grocery store.

BTW--I'm drinking an A&W Diet Root Beer. ;)

I believe those were strawberry margaritas?

Chi-Chi's isn't around any longer but there is a Cuco's which is basically the same place.

I always thought it was a little more upscale as opposed to Taco Bell.

Sounds a little high maintenance to me. :rolleyes:

I've had authentic Mexican food, after Katrina they had hot lunch wagons that came around to feed the migrant workers that were repairing our facilities and I had a couple of those platesscared0010-1.gif it sucked! I didn't complain too much because it was hot food when none was available. The flies loved it though <_<

BTW I still love the encherittos at Taco-Tico :P

I think Chi Chi's exists--at least in the grocery store food entity. We haven't had Chi Chi's in Idaho in forever, but they sell their pre-mixed drinks, salsa, etc., at the grocery store.

BTW--I'm drinking an A&W Diet Root Beer. ;)

I do still buy the salsa :)

And I LOVE diet root beer; it's really hard to find around here though (all brands)

I love diet root beer too. I just doesn't really taste like diet like some of the colas do. When I went to Weight Watchers, (about 4-5 years ago), I would always be sure to have $0.60 for the soda machine because they had Diet Barg's. I don't know why, but I really do like diet root beer better than any other diet drink. The only "real" sugar sodas I can drink are root beer and Coke, really. Once I get started on "real" Coke, I can't stop. (Then I'm like, crap, there goes about 5,000 calories...)

Archived