Drinks

Cletus

We went out to dinner the other night and they had a drink called an "Oatmeal Cookie" that sounded wonderful; I thought about ordering one but I didn't think it would go with a chicken gyro ;) I'll have to try one next time though!

sweetred, they have Holy Ail at Whole Foods now. They also have several whimsical beers from the Wychwood Brewers in Oxford, such as Hobgoblin and Scaregrow. It's too damn strong for me.

Has anyone tried porter? I'm trying to pluck up the courage; it looks powerful.

Other stuff I've read about & would like to try if the opportunity arises: Pimm's Cup (I don't know what the hell it is either) and real absinthe.

Never had a Martini or Vermouth though Ive always wanted to try one and have always wondered what it tastes like? I drink Vodka so would want a Vodka Martini. I am a red wine drinker but I just poured a glass of white from a box. Pinot Grigio. Corbett Canyon. Smooth. But still prefer red.

I love vodka martini's. Of course you need good vodka. Grey Goose is my favorite but is kinda pricey. <_< If you can find it, Ikon Russian vodka is great stuff and almost 1/2 the price as our Grey Goose.

A few good glugs of Vodka, a nice splash of vermouth. Shake strain and serve with olive or pickled onion .Just be careful Mr. Cornelius. I don't want to see you in getting into trouble around here. :lol:

I love vodka martini's. Of course you need good vodka. Grey Goose is my favorite but is kinda pricey. <_< If you can find it, Ikon Russian vodka is great stuff and almost 1/2 the price as our Grey Goose.

A few good glugs of Vodka, a nice splash of vermouth. Shake strain and serve with olive or pickled onion .Just be careful Mr. Cornelius. I don't want to see you in getting into trouble around here. :lol:

Add a little bit of the olive juice then you get a dirty martini. I like to make a vodka martini in a margarita glass, full with ice, pour the vodka right over the ice, add a splash of dry vermouth, and a splash of olive juice with three olives on a stick. Use the olive stick to swirl the vodka around.

It wont take a Martini for that to happen. Just a few too many Blue Moon's! LOL. I must try a Martini someday. As for Vodka, I like the Grey Goose too but it isnt worth the money. Absolut and Stoli arer both very good.

Check out some other ones too Yukon. 1 oz Green Apple Schnapps...1oz Vermouth and 1oz Vodka makes a beauty B) No olive required :D

Check out some other ones too Yukon. 1 oz Green Apple Schnapps...1oz Vermouth and 1oz Vodka makes a beauty B) No olive required :D

Maybe a barf bag though :blink: just kidding ally , love ya brother. :burp:

Archived