Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Walter

2019 Major League Baseball Thread

This seems like the best time to start the new thread for the upcoming season, by celebrating the first player in the history of the game to receive 100% of the Hall of Fame votes. Mariano Rivera. 5 times a World Champion, last MLB player to wear #42, and now a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

856823F5-E093-492E-A253-650D4E969C33.jpeg

Oh yeah, and only 19 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training (Feb 12)!

Reminds me to check the MLB headlines--congrats to Mo, although more people should get 100% of the vote; if it hasn't been said before...

:smileyquote:

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Oh yeah, and only 19 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training (Feb 12)!

Has that 19 days passed yet??  Not that I'm anxious or anything...  

And yeah, I know he was a Damn Yankee, but yay Mariano!!  Well deserved.  And now, hopefully, we can get past that stupid "no one should get all the votes" bullshit. 

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Reminds me to check the MLB headlines--congrats to Mo, although more people should get 100% of the vote; if it hasn't been said before...

:smileyquote:

I couldn’t believe he was the only one ever. The only true “old timer” on the list was Ty Cobb at 98%.  Crazy that the greats...Gehrig, Williams, DiMaggio, Aaron, Mays, Ruth, Young, etc didn’t have 100% support to be voted in. 

^^ Yeah, people like Seaver, Pedro, Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr., would seem like -no-brainers to get every vote. I guess some people just have their own "unique" methods...

:bubble: