2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

7 hours ago, ebk said:

So, because I love my brother and he's here for a couple of weeks from Italy and he'd never been to Nats Park... we went to the Nats game last night.  The game that went into this morning...  The best part was that Jack White was there before his show at the Anthem (which is right down the street).  And he came back after his show at the Anthem (because it's right down the street).  

Cool story E! 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

That’s awesome ebk! Never knew JW was a big fan of the game. 

He's a Tigers fan, being from Detroit and all.  I almost bought tickets to the concert when they went on sale, but it turned out for the best that I didn't. 

The Yankees @ Dodgers series this weekend has been ruined by MLB and these stupid "Players Weekend" popsicle uniforms. Los Angeles and New York have two of the all-time classic uniforms in sports and instead MLB forces them to look like morons.

Once again proving that baseball has the WORST commissioner in sports.

Pete Alonso of the Mets and his Halloween costume last year.  This was during the Arizona Fall League. I forget who the other guy is but he plays in the Astros farm system.  Pete is a huge Led Zeppelin fan. Great to capture some of the younger audience and bring them on board.

Alonso as RP Halloween 2018.jpg

Edited by SuperDave

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The AL Wild card is nuts. The Cleveland Indians are on fire but cant seem to get ahead

Cleveland is 5-5 in their last 10 games. How is that "on fire"? Especially when Minnesota has been 6-4 over the same span.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Cleveland is 5-5 in their last 10 games. How is that "on fire"? Especially when Minnesota has been 6-4 over the same span.

OK, won 3 in a row, and they are getting better pitching than any team in contention, yet they are within a game of Oakland and Tampa, and Tampa is red hot.  One of these good teams will go home.  Unlikely to catch the Twins, so that is not who they are in a race with.  Its the Wild Card.  I think Cleveland is dangerous because they are deep at pitching. Oakland can hit but not so much at pitching. I hope Cleveland makes it because they could give the Yankees the most trouble of the 3 IMO>  Means goes for the Orioles tonight and if they O's are going to beat the Dodgers once, tonight would be the night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 1:25 AM, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick.  Matt Weiters is now a Saint Louis Cardinal.  Back-up to the great and future Hall of Famer, Yadier Molina.  Is it in you to be a (somewhat) Cardinals fan? 

Good luck to you and your  Baltimore Orioles.

You have not posted in a long time.  I know you are waiting for St Louis to clinch.  They might, even though the red hot Brewers have closed it to 3.  They were my pick and are still going to make the WC as the Cubs have fallen our in part due to schedule.  Its sad to see Wieters not in an Orioles uniform.  They brought him in.  I actually think Hyde is doing a very good job of rebuilding the Orioles.  Has gotten the most of them recently with what he has to work with. Its going to take at least a couple more years to return to being a respectable team.   When you blow up the fort that is what happens.  And that is what they did.  Machado, Schoop, Hardy, O'Day, Britton all gone at once just to name some.  Its a joke and typical of that fucker Angelos.   I wonder where Buck is these days?  I wish him the best, he did his best.  Got us to the ALCS which did not work out.   Once upon a time with Earl Weaver we never lost games like that.  I still think the Dodgers have too much in the NL.  The AL, even though Houston and the Yankees might be the favorites, Cleveland Indians have the best pitching.  Lowest runs against in the AL, second only to the Dodgers in baseball.  Sleepers are Indians and Rays and maybe even Oakland.  Only real sleeper in NL to me is Washington.  Milwaukee lost Yelich and that will hurt them.  I say Dodgers vs Houston or Indians

On 9/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, ebk said:

And... the Os' season is mercifully over.

Wait till next year!  hahahahahahahahaha

I like Hyde and his approach.  He was handed  a thankless situation and he did the best he could.  I like him moving forward very much.  Means was one bright spot.  We have a solid starter in him.  

The Dodgers should take the National league.  I hope they do.  Atlanta have been very tough this year.  I just cannot see anyone beating the Dodgers in the NL.  Houston are the heavy favorites.  Not sure if its will be that easy.  I think Tampa are very live underdogs in this one off game at Oakland.

20191003_152352.thumb.jpg.8cf04952ae028e09625f0d0b6c19872f.jpg

Not sure who I want to win this series...don't much care for either the Braves or the Cards. I do have good friends from both the Atlanta and St. Louis area, so I am torn that way, too.

Braves-Cards, Dodgers-Nats, Seahawks-Rams...it's a great day of games. I'm actually staying home for a change and skipping invites to both the Eddie Murphy Dolemite and new Joker movies.

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Got the feeling this game might go extra or the braves will walk it off in the bottom of the ninth; either way I'm entertained....

😀

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

:bravo:

Go Bravos...

Nope. Cardinals win. Braves came close. How important was that out at first base right before Freeman's home run? I thought his toe came off the bag for a split-second.

One thing I do know...Roy Acuna is an ass. He's exactly the kind of modern putz that turns off a lot of sports fans. In the playoffs, where every run, every at-bat, is crucial, you absolutely have to hustle all the time. Unless you want to lose.

You don't loaf to first base on a fly ball because you think it is a home run. Acuna should have been on second base not first. In a game you eventually lost by one run, that was a big mistake and a mistake of laziness.

You cannot beat the Cardinals being stupid. The Cardinals don't play like that. They are always professional and treat the game with respect. They never give up and play hard to the final out. I hate the Cardinals but I respect them. 

So Roy Acuna and the Braves better get their heads on right and stop showing off. That shit might work in Cuba or South America. But in MLB and especially against a true professional team such as St. Louis that shit will get you embarrassed.