2019 NFL Thread

Walter

Bye bye Ben. Bye bye Brees. Bye bye Foles. Bye bye Eli. The NY Jets QB situation is a dumpster fire. As is the Taters.

Yet, there still stands Tom Brady at 42 years old. How long can he keep going? I remember watching old man George Blanda play QB and kick for the Oakland Raiders. But he was nowhere near the level of player at his age that Brady has been. It is unprecedented what we are seeing...so enjoy it while it lasts.

It may not happen again in your lifetime.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Crazy games today. Back up quarterbacks aren’t so bad, apparently. Just goes to show week 2 isn’t always a great predictor of week 3!

But kickers are getting worse. More blown extra points. More missed field goals. Tampa Bay...what the hell are you doing?

Latest Power Rankings have the Rams at 4 and Bills at 6!!  Yes in the NFL!!!!  Ill take it. 

Walter if you read this, both of my teams are going to come calling.  The Bills and Rams both at Dallas.  You will never win em both.  

Big game is an understatement this week.  I think its important we play them tough no matter the outcome.  If Josh plays his game, we can win.  Of course we do  not know if they have Edelman or if we have Singletary?  Both are big pieces for both teams.  The second meeting late in the year in Foxboro is being set up as a prime time match up. No time listed, this likely to be moved to Sunday night.  And I believe it will be very important.  GO BILLS!!!!

On 9/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Latest Power Rankings have the Rams at 4 and Bills at 6!!  Yes in the NFL!!!!  Ill take it. 

Walter if you read this, both of my teams are going to come calling.  The Bills and Rams both at Dallas.  You will never win em both.  

Big game is an understatement this week.  I think its important we play them tough no matter the outcome.  If Josh plays his game, we can win.  Of course we do  not know if they have Edelman or if we have Singletary?  Both are big pieces for both teams.  The second meeting late in the year in Foxboro is being set up as a prime time match up. No time listed, this likely to be moved to Sunday night.  And I believe it will be very important.  GO BILLS!!!!

I know you've been trying to pull me into this theoretical conversation with you concerning Dallas and your various teams.  Time will tell how it goes down.  Injuries, etc will determine what happens - just like how you switched your Yankees pick to the Orioles after the first weekend of the baseball season.  Bills defense looks pretty good, but then again you've played 3 teams that are a combined 1-8.  So has Dallas, but I'm not crowing much about them yet.  This week is in New Orleans and next week we will have a rested Green Bay coming to town.  So that's where we will begin to see how good this Cowboys team is. 

As far as Jerry signing Dak, he'll get the deal done one way or another.  It's amazing how fast fans go from "Dak isn't worth it" to "give him all that he wants" in a matter of 3 weeks - 2 against sub par defenses.  He has all the weapons necessary to go all the way, barring major injuries.  

20 hours ago, Walter said:

I know you've been trying to pull me into this theoretical conversation with you concerning Dallas and your various teams.  Time will tell how it goes down.  Injuries, etc will determine what happens - just like how you switched your Yankees pick to the Orioles after the first weekend of the baseball season.  Bills defense looks pretty good, but then again you've played 3 teams that are a combined 1-8.  So has Dallas, but I'm not crowing much about them yet.  This week is in New Orleans and next week we will have a rested Green Bay coming to town.  So that's where we will begin to see how good this Cowboys team is. 

As far as Jerry signing Dak, he'll get the deal done one way or another.  It's amazing how fast fans go from "Dak isn't worth it" to "give him all that he wants" in a matter of 3 weeks - 2 against sub par defenses.  He has all the weapons necessary to go all the way, barring major injuries.  

Well I always thought they were nuts for letting the previous QB retire.  He was good enough.  Dallas are not as good as the Rams.  I can say that with confidence.  You get another crack at them later in the season.  In Dallas again.  The Bills have NE and of course until they beat them head up, which they actually have done twice in the last 4 years, they will not get a ton of respect, but the national media and even ESPN has gone as far as to say the Bills have the best D in football.  Maybe Minnesota could argue with that but they are for sure top 5.  And I would argue top 3 secondary.   White, Poyer and Hyde and a part of me wish's they would make the deal for Ramsey, but your boy Skip Bayless, a Cowboy lover, says he is the OBJ of the NFL on defense?  Another Antonio IE.  If the Bills have this kid Singletrary ready he can really make them better.  He is the reason they let Shady McCoy go.  And I know KC has him, as Hunt is gone..  The Eagles win last night will put Dallas on alert that the East is still going to be a fight with the Eagles. Rest assured.  See you on Thanksgiving for what should be a heck of a battle.

PS, your boys won't lose to Green Bay.  I think I am the only one that picked Phily last night vs those over rated bums.  Vikings and Lions will slug it out for the "black and blue" division.  It seems some did not pick last night?  I made it known to Sean

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

And then there were three...three unbeaten teams left. To no one's surprise, New England and Kansas City are two of the teams. But San Francisco the third at 3-0 and atop the NFC West? That's a little surprising.

Both Dallas and the Lambs got taken down a peg yesterday. Better not print those Super Bowl tickets just yet. Jeez, the Lambs defense looked especially bad. 55 points to Tampa freaking Bay? Sad. And Goff is turning into Strasburg aka The Orchid.

Dallas got too pass-happy. What happened to pounding Zeke down their throats and wearing the Saints down with your big O-line?

Baltimore's defense is getting torched, too. Two bad showings in a row.

Buffalo was sooooo close...they had New England on the ropes but couldn't put them away. Part of the problem was Josh Allen getting knocked out of the game. I didn't even know Matt Barkley was still in the league. Jesus, Buffalo has to find a better backup QB than Barkley.

Edited by Strider

On 9/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, Strider said:

And then there were three...three unbeaten teams left. To no one's surprise, New England and Kansas City are two of the teams. But San Francisco the third at 3-0 and atop the NFC West? That's a little surprising.

Both Dallas and the Lambs got taken down a peg yesterday. Better not print those Super Bowl tickets just yet. Jeez, the Lambs defense looked especially bad. 55 points to Tampa freaking Bay? Sad. And Goff is turning into Strasburg aka The Orchid.

Dallas got too pass-happy. What happened to pounding Zeke down their throats and wearing the Saints down with your big O-line?

Baltimore's defense is getting torched, too. Two bad showings in a row.

Buffalo was sooooo close...they had New England on the ropes but couldn't put them away. Part of the problem was Josh Allen getting knocked out of the game. I didn't even know Matt Barkley was still in the league. Jesus, Buffalo has to find a better backup QB than Barkley.

No.  Actually the one game Barclay started last year he decimated the Jets and it was the best QB performance by a Bill since Kelly or Flutie.  He is fine if he has time. He was thrown to the wolves and they dropped 3 balls on him.  One on a trick play should have been caught at the NE 1.  A bad choice by McDermott not to kick the FG.  Then the DIRTY HIT BY THE DIRTY TEAM  THAT THEY ARE.   Bastards will get theirs later when we have Singletary in the lineup.  Bills are far better with him.  Josh Allen would have won that game. But we must move on and beat the teams we are supposed to.  Do that and we go to the playoffs.  KC is looking like the team to beat.  The LIONS played a valiant effort.  Had them on the ropes.  I admire what Patricia has done there.  The Lions are a player in the NFC.  Look out.  They have a defense. Maybe the best the Lions have had in ages.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, paul carruthers said:

^^ The demise of Tom Brady, right? I think I'll just clench my teeth & watch the Packers this Sunday...

😣

Be patient Paul.  I hope you are ok?  Wait until Tom Terrific gets hit hard.  He is going to feel 42.  The Bills can beat them with Singletary and Allen healthy.  Just cant beat the refs

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Wait until Tom Terrific gets hit hard.  He is going to feel 42.  The Bills can beat them with Singletary and Allen healthy.  Just cant beat the refs

The Buffalo Bills?

Let's take a moment to look at the history of Tom Brady & the Bills.

Since he took the helm, Brady has played the Bills some 37 times since 2001.

The Bills have won 4 of those games. 4 of 37. Four wins in 18 seasons (!).

09/29/2019 New England Patriots 16 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
12/23/2018 Buffalo Bills 12 @ New England Patriots 24 L Box
10/29/2018 New England Patriots 25 @ Buffalo Bills 6 L Box
12/24/2017 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 37 L Box
12/03/2017 New England Patriots 23 @ Buffalo Bills 3 L Box
10/30/2016 New England Patriots 41 @ Buffalo Bills 25 L Box
10/02/2016 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 0 W Box
11/23/2015 Buffalo Bills 13 @ New England Patriots 20 L Box
09/20/2015 New England Patriots 40 @ Buffalo Bills 32 L Box
12/28/2014 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 9 W Box
10/12/2014 New England Patriots 37 @ Buffalo Bills 22 L Box
12/29/2013 Buffalo Bills 20 @ New England Patriots 34 L Box
09/08/2013 New England Patriots 23 @ Buffalo Bills 21 L Box
11/11/2012 Buffalo Bills 31 @ New England Patriots 37 L Box
09/30/2012 New England Patriots 52 @ Buffalo Bills 28 L Box
01/01/2012 Buffalo Bills 21 @ New England Patriots 49 L Box
09/25/2011 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 34 W Box
12/26/2010 New England Patriots 34 @ Buffalo Bills 3 L Box
09/26/2010 Buffalo Bills 30 @ New England Patriots 38 L Box
12/20/2009 New England Patriots 17 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
09/14/2009 Buffalo Bills 24 @ New England Patriots 25 L Box
12/28/2008 New England Patriots 13 @ Buffalo Bills 0 L Box
11/09/2008 Buffalo Bills 10 @ New England Patriots 20 L Box
11/18/2007 New England Patriots 56 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
09/23/2007 Buffalo Bills 7 @ New England Patriots 38 L Box
10/22/2006 New England Patriots 28 @ Buffalo Bills 6 L Box
09/10/2006 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 19 L Box
12/11/2005 New England Patriots 35 @ Buffalo Bills 7 L Box
10/30/2005 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 21 L Box
11/14/2004 Buffalo Bills 6 @ New England Patriots 29 L Box
10/03/2004 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 17 L Box
12/27/2003 Buffalo Bills 0 @ New England Patriots 31 L Box
09/07/2003 New England Patriots 0 @ Buffalo Bills 31 W Box
12/08/2002 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 27 L Box
11/03/2002 New England Patriots 38 @ Buffalo Bills 7 L Box
12/16/2001 New England Patriots 12 @ Buffalo Bills 9 L/OT Box
11/11/2001 Buffalo Bills 11 @ New England Patriots 21 L Box

C'mon.

Even you don't have enough excuses to explain this away. The refs fixed all these Patriot wins? 

Unless his protection breaks down and becomes a real problem or he somehow loses the ability to do the right thing with the ball at the right time, Brady is gonna thrive. With a qualified supporting cast, he could do this until he's 50.

As a gamblin' man, how can you have a problem with Brady? He's pretty much a sure thing. Put your money on him and let it ride.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:10 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

The Buffalo Bills?

C'mon.

Even you don't have enough excuses to explain this away. The refs fixed all these Patriot wins? 

Unless his protection breaks down and becomes a real problem or he somehow loses the ability to do the right thing with the ball at the right time, Brady is gonna thrive. With a qualified supporting cast, he could do this until he's 50.

As a gamblin' man, how can you have a problem with Brady? He's pretty much a sure thing. Put your money on him and let it ride.

I still can't figure out how Buffalo ever got a team. Hell, they should just pack up and move on down to San Diego.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:10 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

The Buffalo Bills?

Let's take a moment to look at the history of Tom Brady & the Bills.

Since he took the helm, Brady has played the Bills some 37 times since 2001.

The Bills have won 4 of those games. 4 of 37. Four wins in 18 seasons (!).

09/29/2019 New England Patriots 16 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
12/23/2018 Buffalo Bills 12 @ New England Patriots 24 L Box
10/29/2018 New England Patriots 25 @ Buffalo Bills 6 L Box
12/24/2017 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 37 L Box
12/03/2017 New England Patriots 23 @ Buffalo Bills 3 L Box
10/30/2016 New England Patriots 41 @ Buffalo Bills 25 L Box
10/02/2016 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 0 W Box
11/23/2015 Buffalo Bills 13 @ New England Patriots 20 L Box
09/20/2015 New England Patriots 40 @ Buffalo Bills 32 L Box
12/28/2014 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 9 W Box
10/12/2014 New England Patriots 37 @ Buffalo Bills 22 L Box
12/29/2013 Buffalo Bills 20 @ New England Patriots 34 L Box
09/08/2013 New England Patriots 23 @ Buffalo Bills 21 L Box
11/11/2012 Buffalo Bills 31 @ New England Patriots 37 L Box
09/30/2012 New England Patriots 52 @ Buffalo Bills 28 L Box
01/01/2012 Buffalo Bills 21 @ New England Patriots 49 L Box
09/25/2011 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 34 W Box
12/26/2010 New England Patriots 34 @ Buffalo Bills 3 L Box
09/26/2010 Buffalo Bills 30 @ New England Patriots 38 L Box
12/20/2009 New England Patriots 17 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
09/14/2009 Buffalo Bills 24 @ New England Patriots 25 L Box
12/28/2008 New England Patriots 13 @ Buffalo Bills 0 L Box
11/09/2008 Buffalo Bills 10 @ New England Patriots 20 L Box
11/18/2007 New England Patriots 56 @ Buffalo Bills 10 L Box
09/23/2007 Buffalo Bills 7 @ New England Patriots 38 L Box
10/22/2006 New England Patriots 28 @ Buffalo Bills 6 L Box
09/10/2006 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 19 L Box
12/11/2005 New England Patriots 35 @ Buffalo Bills 7 L Box
10/30/2005 Buffalo Bills 16 @ New England Patriots 21 L Box
11/14/2004 Buffalo Bills 6 @ New England Patriots 29 L Box
10/03/2004 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 17 L Box
12/27/2003 Buffalo Bills 0 @ New England Patriots 31 L Box
09/07/2003 New England Patriots 0 @ Buffalo Bills 31 W Box
12/08/2002 Buffalo Bills 17 @ New England Patriots 27 L Box
11/03/2002 New England Patriots 38 @ Buffalo Bills 7 L Box
12/16/2001 New England Patriots 12 @ Buffalo Bills 9 L/OT Box
11/11/2001 Buffalo Bills 11 @ New England Patriots 21 L Box

C'mon.

That was then and this is now and the future is going to be not so good for NE.  I could post the scores back when we had Kelly and Bruce Smith and we mopped the floor with them Remember that?

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

That was then and this is now and the future is going to be not so good for NE.  I could post the scores back when we had Kelly and Bruce Smith and we mopped the floor with them Remember that?

I remember a guy named Norwood.

After Belichick and Brady are gone, who knows. But as of right now, New England's offense and league leading defense are still in control.

4 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

I remember a guy named Norwood.

After Belichick and Brady are gone, who knows. But as of right now, New England's offense and league leading defense are still in control.

Yes and so do all of us Bills fans.  Not to say we did not own them then. Their days of owning us are done.   We are 4-1 and with Miami in after a bye, I think 5-1 is reasonable to expect.  And so is a trip to the playoffs.  We will be in better shape next meeting at NE.

I had a funeral and a birthday party to attend yesterday so I had to catch up on all the sports after midnight. I had the Raiders-Bears, Cowboys-Packers, and Nats-Dodgers games DVR'd.

Lots of surprises awaiting me when I got home. Raiders winning two games in a row and making Mack a non-factor? Didn't see that coming.

What the hell is up with the Cowboys? Both the Rams and Cowboys have gone pass-happy and have lost two-in-a-row in the process. Where are Gurley and Zeke? If you still think the Cowboys or Rams are destined for the Super Bowl the odds in Vegas probably just became more profitable.

Still a lot of terrible "roughing the passer" and "pass-interference" calls or non-calls. The refs are too old and slow for the game.

The killer for me was finding out Josh Allen did start for Buffalo! I thought he was out because of concussion protocol. By the time I found out it was too late to change my Tennessee pick to Buffalo. Good win for your team, Rick. Playoffs look to be in your future...don't blow it! Hehe.

Patriots keep benefiting from their creampuff schedule. They get the Giants next. But although they keep winning, Brady doesn't look quite as sharp as usual. Whether it is his arm or his injured offensive line, it will be interesting to see what happens when they play a real team. 

If they ever play a real team. Kansas City is on the Patriots schedule but who knows if Mahomes is 100% by then? He looked gimpy last night against the Colts.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, Strider said:

I had a funeral and a birthday party to attend yesterday so I had to catch up on all the sports after midnight. I had the Raiders-Bears, Cowboys-Packers, and Nats-Dodgers games DVR'd.

Lots of surprises awaiting me when I got home. Raiders winning two games in a row and making Mack a non-factor? Didn't see that coming.

What the hell is up with the Cowboys? Both the Rams and Cowboys have gone pass-happy and have lost two-in-a-row in the process. Where are Gurley and Zeke? If you still think the Cowboys or Rams are destined for the Super Bowl the odds in Vegas probably just became more profitable.

Still a lot of terrible "roughing the passer" and "pass-interference" calls or non-calls. The refs are too old and slow for the game.

The killer for me was finding out Josh Allen did start for Buffalo! I thought he was out because of concussion protocol. By the time I found out it was too late to change my Tennessee pick to Buffalo. Good win for your team, Rick. Playoffs look to be in your future...don't blow it! Hehe.

Patriots keep benefiting from their creampuff schedule. They get the Giants next. But although they keep winning, Brady doesn't look quite as sharp as usual. Whether it is his arm or his injured offensive line, it will be interesting to see what happens when they play a real team. 

If they ever play a real team. Kansas City is on the Patriots schedule but who knows if Mahomes is 100% by then? He looked gimpy last night against the Colts.

The Rams lost on a missed FG.  Should have won but have a show down with SF.  The Pats do have a schedule that they never should have had.  They do get the Bills late in the season and the Bills should have Singletary for that game.  Big difference when the Bills have him.  We should have had that last one if Allen was not injured.  But its far from over

Does anyone know the QB situation in Pittsburgh?  I heard they lost their starter again?  So they are in real trouble?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Does anyone know the QB situation in Pittsburgh?  I heard they lost their starter again?  So they are in real trouble?

You didn't see the hit on Mason Rudolph? The dude was out before he even hit the ground. He's in concussion protocol now...no way he plays this week.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

You didn't see the hit on Mason Rudolph? The dude was out before he even hit the ground. He's in concussion protocol now...no way he plays this week.

I have no idea who the Steelers will start now?  But the Chargers likely get a pass on this game.  If they fuck this up they are pathetic.  I still think the Chargers are pathetic.  The Rams vs 49ers is a game I will be paying close attention to.  I hope the Rams just take care of them.  I expect they will.  i think Aaron Donald will be head hunting.  Geoff needs to light them up.  My Bills need this week off.  Get Singletary back for hells sake.   Fucker has been out 3 weeks and nobody even hit him?  This is the guy that Shady McCoy was traded for.   The reason he was traded.  Or should I say released.  I do not think we got a nickel for him.  I wish Zay Jones good luck with the Raiders.  I think Carr will use him.  He will make an impact for the Raiders.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have no idea who the Steelers will start now?  But the Chargers likely get a pass on this game.  If they fuck this up they are pathetic.  I still think the Chargers are pathetic.  The Rams vs 49ers is a game I will be paying close attention to.  I hope the Rams just take care of them.  I expect they will.  i think Aaron Donald will be head hunting.  Geoff needs to light them up.  My Bills need this week off.  Get Singletary back for hells sake.   Fucker has been out 3 weeks and nobody even hit him?  This is the guy that Shady McCoy was traded for.   The reason he was traded.  Or should I say released.  I do not think we got a nickel for him.  I wish Zay Jones good luck with the Raiders.  I think Carr will use him.  He will make an impact for the Raiders.

How do you not even know your own team?  McCoy was released because he would've been the 5th highest paid running back this season.  Singletary has been out due to a hamstring injury.

20 hours ago, Walter said:

How do you not even know your own team?  McCoy was released because he would've been the 5th highest paid running back this season.  Singletary has been out due to a hamstring injury.

Well no shit but if you saw how it happened you would have to blame the damn trainer.  It was ridiculous.  He was basically walking off the field after the play.  Grabs his leg and rides off into the sunset. He is a huge part of the offense.  Speaking of "my team" how is yours doing.  LOL.  Not so great after they were exposed.  Well you do get the Jets, and thats a win

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well no shit but if you saw how it happened you would have to blame the damn trainer.  It was ridiculous.  He was basically walking off the field after the play.  Grabs his leg and rides off into the sunset. He is a huge part of the offense.  Speaking of "my team" how is yours doing.  LOL.  Not so great after they were exposed.  Well you do get the Jets, and thats a win

Easy there Dick.  You're acting like "why is he out if he didn't take a hit" and I'm answering you.  Chill the fuck out.  My team is fine and in first place, thank you.