What's the weather like where you are?

madison

90°F Feels like 91°F

Humidity 43%

Wind 8 mph S

UV Index 5 Moderate

A heat wave is expected into next week with record highs possible; temperatures expected to be 10 to 20 degrees above average; and an elevated fire danger with hot and dry conditions until next weekend when a cooling trend will take place.

Edited by eternal light

Perfect everyday. Upper 80's down in town and near sealevel, no more than 79 degrees up here and 2500 feet and an occasional passing shower. Nightime finds it in the 60's. Tradewinds predominate and the air is pristine and florally fragrant.

It's paradise actually. Seriously. :)

It was pretty hot down on the tarmack today though watching the Thunderbirds and checking out the B-52's, B-1 bombers, C-5A's, C130's, BlackHawk's, F-16's, and the new F-22 Stealth Fighter. That one is state of the art and hasn't been used in combat because nothing matches it and they don't waste it on inferior aircraft. It's primarly a deterent right now, superior to any enemy aircraft in the sky.

WLOS Asheville Weather w Karen Wynn

http://www.wlos.com/...los_index.shtml

(Link tested for security)

TONIGHT: Rain Likely, S-Light, Low: 63/67 Upstate

SUNDAY: Showers/Few Storms, S-5 mph, 71/77

MONDAY: Sct. Showers/Storms, S 5-10 mph, High: 74

A slow moving area of low pressure centered to our west will keep moving abundant Gulf of Mexico moisture across much of the Southeast U.S., while a ridge of high pressure to our east keeps Atlantic moisture moving in from the opposite direction.

That means more rain with a few storms possible all weekend as our weather pattern stubbornly won't change. Highs will continue to be in the mid to low 70s with lows in the mid to low 60s. Afternoon temperatures are expected to warm up next week with a few breaks in the clouds. More rain and thunder possible every day next week. Have a nice weekend!

METEOROLOGIST KAREN WYNNE

Web_7_Day.JPG

KAREN WYNNE is News 13's Weekend Meteorologist and a Reporter focusing

on environmental issues. Beforecoming to WLOS, Karen was part of an award winning weather team at News13's sister station in Charleston, West Virginia. She was named BestWeathercaster by the West Virginia Associated Press in 2006.

Herweathercasts have the seal of approval from both the AmericanMeteorological Society and the National Weather Association. Sheappreciates the challenges of forecasting weather in mountainousregions.

Since coming toWestern North Carolina, Karen has been moved by the beauty of themountains and the friendly people who live here. Karen, her husband anddaughter enjoy all that the area has to offer.

karen-wynne.jpg

E-mail Karen: <a href="mailto:kwynne@wlos.com">kwynne@wlos.com

Edited by Mary Hartman

Oh gawd, I could not stand WLOS in Asheville. Darcell Grimes made me puke daily.

I was SOOOOOO happy to return to an actual CHOICE in local news. There you have ONE.

Here, we have at least FIVE local stations.

^ I heard there was a lot of flooding in Polk county. :(

Ok, off the Darcell rant...ugh *shivers at the thought*

Here summer just won't stop. I am looking forward to cooler temps.

75 high today then climbing back up to the high 80's later this week. No rain.

It's only 61 now but feels like 80 in my abode.

Oh gawd, I could not stand WLOS in Asheville. Darcell Grimes made me puke daily.

I was SOOOOOO happy to return to an actual CHOICE in local news. There you have ONE.

Here, we have at least FIVE local stations.

^ I heard there was a lot of flooding in Polk county. :(

Ok, off the Darcell rant...ugh *shivers at the thought*

Here summer just won't stop. I am looking forward to cooler temps.

75 high today then climbing back up to the high 80's later this week. No rain.

It's only 61 now but feels like 80 in my abode.

Yes Hotplant you are right on that one. NBC and CBS are coming out of the upstate.

Asheville don't have a really big budget for anything. If we don't get enough tourists each year so people can donate and just volunteer things without it hurting them too badly.

Well, you have people closing business's and moving away.

We need our tourists. So if you ever drop in....great.

1.5 Million was just donated to UNCA for free tuition and general funds.

Anon///

MH