What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn - Robert Plant :) :) :)

Interesting side-note regarding the title of that song:

Corn is one of the more resilient crops you can farm. Really all you need to do is knife some nitrogen into the soil and cultivate 3 or 4 times while their still young and you're good to go till fall harvest..,

Theres just no need to manually hoe it as there is with sugar beets and other such fragile crops because corn's root system is relatively compact and really tough comparitively. The whole point of having people hoe crops rather than a tractor is so that they can get under the leaves and really close to the crop without damaging the leaves/flowers to eliminate weeds that would otherwise restrict the growth of the crop's roots... so yea, I guess I can understand why the boy won't hoe corn... hes probably got other crops that need attention.

And yes, I'm a farmboy.

alejandro escovedo-rosalie

had listened to it alot on sunday while working and worked in the city yesterday w/no radio, so had this song in my head all day yesterday.

had an emotional moment earlier in regards to this couple i know dealing with cancer. so its good when music can help you see and feel, really cool song. i think its a timing thing, when some songs strike you like that.