What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Got the new Aimee Mann, Fiona Apple and Bob Dylan albums on rotation at work. :thumbsup:

How does the new Aimée Mann compares to the past discography? I still think her best are Bachelor #2 and I'm with Stupid. Still don't know whether I should get the new one, her voice has changed, although it's still amazing.

How does the new Aimée Mann compares to the past discography? I still think her best are Bachelor #2 and I'm with Stupid. Still don't know whether I should get the new one, her voice has changed, although it's still amazing.

"I'm With Stupid" and "Bachelor #2" are my Aimee favourites, too, zemun. But I enjoy to varying degrees all of her discography, as I think Aimee Mann is one of the finest contemporary songwriters out there. I want to give "Charmer" some more listens before I assign it a place on her career arc. "Lost in Space" is probably the most recent album of hers I loved start to finish, as the last two had some filler in them.

But yes, even after only a couple listens, I can recommend this album to you, zemun...and to anyone who enjoys smart, literate pop in a Beatles-cum-early-Elton John mode.