2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

I am basically hoping for a Tampa Bay vs. New England Super Bowl. Brady vs. Belichick. GOAT vs. GOAT.

But New England does still have some traps ahead. They have one more game with Buffalo and then their final game is at Miami, where the Patriots always struggle. Mac and Tua...two former Alabama quarterbacks going against each other. That game will probably determine both the #1 seed in the AFC and whether the Dolphins make the playoffs.

Just now, Strider said:

I am basically hoping for a Tampa Bay vs. New England Super Bowl. Brady vs. Belichick. GOAT vs. GOAT.

But New England does still have some traps ahead. They have one more game with Buffalo and then their final game is at Miami, where the Patriots always struggle. Mac and Tua...two former Alabama quarterbacks going against each other. That game will probably determine both the #1 seed in the AFC and whether the Dolphins make the playoffs.

Oh man, that would be incredible!
A rookie qb in the Super Bowl vs the iconic *old* man GOAT.
Lest we forget,  a barely missed New England field goal late in the 4th would have beat Tampa Bay earlier this season.

Belichick would have MO's over this matchup.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, Walter said:

I don't bet on football, as you should know by now. Dallas is without question a better team than Buffalo is and I do know Buffalo will still be one of the twelve teams without a Super Bowl trophy after the season is finished. The Bills might miss the playoffs entirely at this rate.  

Dallas is better than Buffalo? Seriously?  The experts do not say they are.  And they are not. Last time up there  we did a good job on them on Turkey day.  Dallas is in a garbage division.  No defense . The Bills will be in the playoffs.  And likely farther.  Dallas will be one and done.

Bears/Packers in primetime tonight at Lambeau Field. Aaron Rodgers needs 7 or 8 TDs to become the all-time franchise leader, which he won't knock out in this game, though it would be funny as hell if he did. If the Packers win, Aaron Rodgers will be tied with Brett Favre for most wins by any QB over the Bears (23). So, you know, that should be fun. 

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Okay Rick. Josh Allen goes up against your nemesis Old Man Brady tomorrow. I assume there won't be hurricane-force winds but you never know in Florida. Did you put money on Beefalo?

Come on Sean.  I like our chances.  I thought Redskins would do better.  Ezekiel Elliott is one homely SOB.  

This is the toughest game the Bills have left.  Pegula was told in a joking manner to build a Dome by Josh but I think he meant it.  When you have a guy of his caliber they should take the weather out of the equation.  Even though in Minnesota case I always thought they thrives in the snow.  But that was in the days of Joe Kapp and purple people eaters like Page and Eller

The officiating and McDermott are catching hell here.  Justified.  Bad calls culminated by the no call pass interference on last play before tying FG that would have sealed the deal for Bills.  Don’t agree with me?  Tony Romo said it was interference in national TV.  McDermott has cost us at least 3 games.  The Tennessee game for sure.  He is far more expendable than Josh Allen. 

So if the Bills had won the OT there would have been riots here because right after tying FG Spectrum went down in greater Rochester area.  Whether you have their TV service or stream like I do, picture and feed gone.  Eaten like the Turkey the Bumpass’s dogs 🐶 devoured on Xmas morning.  Gone,  all gone!  No Bills.   No Josh.  Just McDermott at thee we mic on radio or YouTube replays that I will never watch.

We are going to run the bloody table!

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It's one hell of a race for league MVP right now between Brady and Rodgers....

Both in garbage divisions.  Rams, Bucs and Packers likely final 3 standing in NFC.  I pick the Rams to win.  But I will say one thing, Green Bay's defensive coordinator should be the next head coach somewhere.  He has done a fantastic job with that defense that is really void of stars.  

Josh Allen sprained his foot but says  he is not worried at all about missing any time.  But if they were to rest him, this would be the week to do it.  Carolina comes in a mess.  We can beat them with Trubinsky at the helm.  No doubt, and it would give Tribinsky a chance to get a starting job elsewhere next year if he shows he has the ability.  With the talent level around him in Buffalo he will have to be a success to have any shot. But I am really doubtful Josh will sit. But it wont be up to Josh. 

I am certain McDermott had that Tennessee finish in his head on that 4th down choice to kick a FG at Tampa.  If the stinking ref had thrown the flag it would not have mattered.  Now just imagine if that were Tampa i our end and that was Goodwin or Evans with one of our corners draped all over him without looking for the ball?  You know damn well the laundry would be flying at us. The bastards have it ini for us. There are so many games with horrible officiating it really makes the sport look bad.  You cant challenge the most important calls. They should be able to have a call made to the headquarters like they do in the NHL.  The NHL does it right. My only gripe there is if they do not blow the whistle n allow play to go on, it should count.  They should not allow a coach to then claim offsides after a goal was scored later. Like they did to us the other night. But back to the NFL, the officials re horrible. I actually believe  some of them throw flags so they can get their faces on television.  They just love the exposure the pricks.

13 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It's one hell of a race for league MVP right now between Brady and Rodgers....

If the MVP was truly given to the most valuable player in the league, Rodgers would win because without him, the Packers are garbage. That, to me, is the textbook definition of "valuable." He is quite literally irreplaceable. You can put another QB behind center, but he won't come close to filling his cleats. However, that's not how or why the award is given out, and Brady's numbers are better, even though both teams have the same record. Also, Aaron's COVID stupidity will probably cost him with the writers that vote for the award, and while that shouldn't be, as it has nothing to do with his on-the-field talent/achievements, it is.

^^ Yes, we definitely saw how valuable Rodgers is to Green Bay in that game he missed with the Chiefs. Although--if I'm remembering right--the Packers defense kept them in the game, but Jordan Love just wasn't ready for primetime. That's more than likely a W, and the Packers having the #1 seed if Aaron had played...

edit: I just looked it up, Green Bay already has the #1 seed. I guess they have a tiebreaker over Tampa...

Edited by paul carruthers

That Chiefs game was ridiculously winnable if Rodgers played. KC played like hot garbage, and the only reason the score wasn't more lopsided was because neither team could capitalize on the other's mistakes. However, even if he'd been vaccinated, he'd have had to miss the game, so the outcome would have been the same either way. So, that loss isn't on Rodgers as much as it on the whole team for not taking advantage of a weak opponent. The New Orleans game in Week 1, and the Vikings game before the bye are the losses that sting the worse. New Orleans because the team didn't even bother to show up for it, and Minnesota because that's a division rival.

Green Bay does have the tiebreaker over Tampa because of conference record. The Packers have only lost two conference games (Minnesota, New Orleans), whereas Tampa has lost three. 

On 12/13/2021 at 10:29 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The officiating and McDermott are catching hell here.  Justified.  Bad calls culminated by the no call pass interference on last play before tying FG that would have sealed the deal for Bills.  Don’t agree with me?  Tony Romo said it was interference in national TV.  McDermott has cost us at least 3 games.  The Tennessee game for sure.  He is far more expendable than Josh Allen. 

So if the Bills had won the OT there would have been riots here because right after tying FG Spectrum went down in greater Rochester area.  Whether you have their TV service or stream like I do, picture and feed gone.  Eaten like the Turkey the Bumpass’s dogs 🐶 devoured on Xmas morning.  Gone,  all gone!  No Bills.   No Josh.  Just McDermott at thee we mic on radio or YouTube replays that I will never watch.

We are going to run the bloody table!

CDF159CA-F9EB-4CD2-A175-FA2D742D4680.jpeg

This Sunday's Jets-Dolphins game will be interesting and not as in the bag as everyone thinks, unfortunately. A lot of key RBs are out due to covid so my guess is they will lean on the defense to win the game (as usual) and put as much pressure as possible on the Jets' rookie QB. From what I understand, he's been really stepping up the past couple games so I think this will be a good one to watch (for Dolphins/Jets fans anyway lol).

The Jets have nothing to lose which is actually what makes me the most nervous about this one.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

CDF159CA-F9EB-4CD2-A175-FA2D742D4680.jpeg

Well we did get screwed on that pass play on 3rd and 2 inside their 5.  We had that game.  They took it away.  There is a small chance the Bills would go with Trubisky  vs Carolina.  But I doubt it. I would be for it  Rest Josh for the NE game .  They are not only pissed, but have to spend Xmas in NE.  Imagine that.  I mean worst places to spend Xmas but I cannot imagine them flying in on Xmas Day.  Xmas Day is on Saturday.  The day of college bowl games.  The day after will be most of the NFL schedule.  There are two games this Sat.  NE at Indy is a  big one.  Of course i want the Colts to make our job easier and I believe they will win.  A top rated capper who does very well likes them.  NE is not this good. They could not stop the run vs Tennessee or vs us when McDermott had the sense to hand it to Singletary.  McDermott is gaining  rep here and its not all good. He has blown at least two games we should have won.  The Tennessee game he gave away.  Still if we win the last 4 we are fine.  We have Carolina, NE, Atlanta and Jets.  The game at NE being the only road game and the only one vs a winning team.  We will beat them and beat them good.

Well, if the Packers beat the Ravens this Sunday or the Bears beat the Vikings, the Packers will lock up the NFC North. I'd rather not have to rely on either the Bears or the Vikings to get the job done, so, let's just hope our Special Teams don't shit the bed as badly as they did last Sunday.