2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

18 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Well, if the Packers beat the Ravens this Sunday or the Bears beat the Vikings, the Packers will lock up the NFC North. I'd rather not have to rely on either the Bears or the Vikings to get the job done, so, let's just hope our Special Teams don't shit the bed as badly as they did last Sunday. 

Green Bay's defensive coordinator really impressed me this year.  They have talent but are not the most talented team on the defensive side but they did a great job of coaching the secondary.   Their coverage has been magnificent. Only reason they lost the KC game was due to Rogers being out.  They would be in huge trouble without Rogers of course.  The NFC will come down to Green Bay, the Rams,  and Tampa and that is it. Yes, Im leaving the Cardinals out. And if there is a sleeper its the Vikings, NOT Dallas.   I say the Vikings beat the Bears, there I jinxed them for you.  Green Bay will roll the Ravens who have some major issues.  That is fine if we have to play them again in the playoffs.  I still pick Cleveland to find a way to win that division. 

16 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Haha, shocker. Just read about that. Which is good because Waddle just got added to the list.

Yup. Gaskin is playing though, right? The fins might take 2nd place in the east after next week. Nice turnaround. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Yup. Gaskin is playing though, right? The fins might take 2nd place in the east after next week. Nice turnaround. 

Yeah, Gaskin's back (and Ahmed who is second best RB for them) so that's a huge plus. Their turnaround came when Xavien Howard came back from being injured. That defense has stepped up in a huge way. I would say the incredible defense is 75% of their success with the rest being smart, conservative offensive plays that focus on Tua's strengths and of course the run. It's been fun to watch. 🙂  But after the Jets, we have the Saints, Titans and Pats so not getting too excited haha.

New England at Indianapolis is the game to watch this weekend. With Kansas City winning last night and going to 10-4, it is imperative for the Patriots to win and keep pace for the #1 seed in the AFC. Whether teams have to go through Kansas City or New England in January is a big factor, and the Colts are one of the few teams remaining on the Patriots schedule to have a realistic chance of beating them.

1 hour ago, 1975NQ said:

Touching on this ^^, last night's game was a great one. I didn't have a dog in that fight just loved watching a great game.

You had to figure Kansas City would click eventually. Chargers let too many goal line chances go to waste without even coming away with a field goal.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

You had to figure Kansas City would click eventually. Chargers let too many goal line chances go to waste without even coming away with a field goal.

Yeah, it was a theme for them last night lol. That has to be demoralizing, especially after having a nice sized lead for a while. I've actually been somewhat out of the loop with football this year, just watching Dolphins on the weekend and the occasional Thursday night game and then playing "catch up" with reviews on the other games. It was nice to see that particular game, as I was looking forward to watching that match-up for a while now.

The league is changing the protocol so that vaccinated and asymptomatic players can get back on the field faster, which basically says they've given up caring about the virus and just care about making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The Browns have to Monday night, though it could get pushed to Tuesday, then play Saturday in Green Bay. That's a short, short week...and for what? They shouldn't even be playing on Christmas anyway.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

So now there are FOUR games postponed to Monday and Tuesday? Jeez...kick these knuckleheads out who won't get vaxxed and keep spreading the virus to others.

In fairness everyone who isn't masking up and avoiding people is 100% getting omicron in the near future vax or no vax,, sucks but that's real life. However, they're still lots of knuckleheads in the NFL no argument there haha

Edited by 1975NQ

21 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

The league is changing the protocol so that vaccinated and asymptomatic players can get back on the field faster, which basically says they've given up caring about the virus and just care about making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The Browns have to Monday night, though it could get pushed to Tuesday, then play Saturday in Green Bay. That's a short, short week...and for what? They shouldn't even be playing on Christmas anyway.

Yup lots of money on the table! Gotta give em points for being creative tho 😛

Man, Duke Johnson really showed up today. He wanted to prove his value and did. What a game. Dolphins barely winning against the Jets is nothing to brag about, but the win still feels good, Their defense was just white hot in the second half (first half ... not so much lol). Next 3 games are teams that are actually worth a damn tho - soon it gets interesting. Tua threw 2 interceptions and really it was almost 4. He got very lucky those other 2 bad throws weren't picked, So if they squeak into the playoffs (which I unfortunately don't think is realistic this year), it will be a miracle.

Edited by 1975NQ

I was in shock watching the Lions/Cardinals.  Arizona was never in the game from the opening kickoff.  I never saw a team come out so flat.  It looked like they were in slow motion.  They needed that game because their remaining schedule is daunting.  If they expect a bye, they're going to have to earn it.  

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I was in shock watching the Lions/Cardinals.  Arizona was never in the game from the opening kickoff.  I never saw a team come out so flat.  It looked like they were in slow motion.  They needed that game because their remaining schedule is daunting.  If they expect a bye, they're going to have to earn it.  

its a real compliment to the Lions coach to get them up for a game with their record.   They never quit.  And you know they have covered the spread in many games.  Not as bad as their record.   So Sean, if you read this, I expect to see you in a Santa suit at the Rams game today!!!  I can cash a few parlays with a Rams win.  I also have one with Washington Plus 12.  I got in before the postponement.  I covered the Cleveland game. Good thing I took the 3 1/2 as I got in before the postponement.  They did not get their guys back like some teams are supposed to. Like Wash and Rams.  I had Indy on 3 parlays.  

Showdown after Xmas in NE.  My Bills must spend Christmas in NE. I wonder what they will do?  This Covid is a nightmare.  It cost Cleveland a game and maybe the playoffs.  Now they must play at Green Bay.   Yes Baker should be a go but we know he has problems and is playing in pain.  The Bills vs Patriots is about as big a game as there is.  Its at 1 pm and another huge one is on same time.  Cincy and Ravens.  Both for first place.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

The Packers' last three games should be W's, but I've seen them play down to crappier teams way too many times. They have the Browns at home, the Vikings at home, and the Lions on the road. Aaron Rodgers' should break the franchise TD record Saturday, which will be a nice Christmas present to himself.

On 12/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

its a real compliment to the Lions coach to get them up for a game with their record.   They never quit.  And you know they have covered the spread in many games.  Not as bad as their record.   So Sean, if you read this, I expect to see you in a Santa suit at the Rams game today!!!  I can cash a few parlays with a Rams win.  I also have one with Washington Plus 12.  I got in before the postponement.  I covered the Cleveland game. Good thing I took the 3 1/2 as I got in before the postponement.  They did not get their guys back like some teams are supposed to. Like Wash and Rams.  I had Indy on 3 parlays.  

Showdown after Xmas in NE.  My Bills must spend Christmas in NE. I wonder what they will do?  This Covid is a nightmare.  It cost Cleveland a game and maybe the playoffs.  Now they must play at Green Bay.   Yes Baker should be a go but we know he has problems and is playing in pain.  The Bills vs Patriots is about as big a game as there is.  Its at 1 pm and another huge one is on same time.  Cincy and Ravens.  Both for first place.  

Me at a Lamb game? Yeah, right... 😝

On 12/23/2021 at 3:59 AM, Strider said:

Refs missed an obvious pass interference call on the Rams that should have given Seahawks a first down on that last drive.

One of the worst calls I’ve seen and that’s saying something this season! Still wondering if/when the NFL will have full-time refs instead of weekend fuck ups?