One of My Top 10 All-Time Favorite Jimmy Page Photos

SteveAJones

I was watching HMMT on the DVD yesterday and he did the ankle standing thing twice. The second time it looked like he was standing on his calves. It's painful to look at but then you can't help but be amazed at how much he's into the groove that he doesn't even notice what he's doing!

Yes, he does this. Peter Grant's wife Gloria ran a ballet school in Sussex, not far from

Jimmy's Plumpton Place home. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps if Led Zeppelin had disbanded earlier he may have gone into classical dance as opposed to classic rock.

Eventually, he could have starred opposite Irene Cara in Flashdance. He's a maniac,

maniac on the 02 floor and he's dancing like he's never danced before.

If I had taken it, I would agree, but this is the closest I will ever get!

It was taken in the small outdoor gardens located behind the Swan Song offices at

484 Kings Road in Chelsea. He did most of his UK press from there between '77-'79.

Editr: He did the interviews from the offices, not the gardens...

Yes, he does this. Peter Grant's wife Gloria ran a ballet school in Sussex, not far from

Jimmy's Plumpton Place home. Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps if Led Zeppelin had disbanded earlier he may have gone into classical dance as opposed to classic rock.

Eventually, he could have starred opposite Irene Cara in Flashdance. He's a maniac,

Irene Cara/Lori Maddox

sorry couldn't pass that one up!gr_Lori_Maddox_Sable_Starr.jpg

Irene2.jpg

:lol:

Forget Dazed and Confused, come see Led Zeppelin's special performace of Swan Lake! Hurry! One night only!

sans the tophat i suppose.

love the fact that you cant see his face too, adds to the mystique.

actually when i was posting that picture i almost got in a fight... one of my friends asked "is that a dude or a chick"...

i am now contemplating dis-friending him.

When I was in college, I had a Led Zep poster up on my dorm wall. Well, one night, a rather ditzy friend of mine was hanging out with me and couple of other people, chatting, and at one point I took my glasses (this was in the BC - Before Contacts - days) to try to clean them. Well, my friend looks at me, looks toward the wall, looks at me again and finally says, "You know, without your glasses, you look just like that girl up there."

Me (bewildered): "What girl?"

Her: "Up there."

Me (even more bewildered): "Up where?"

Me: "Which girl up where?"

Her: "With the guitar. Up there."

Me (finally putting my glasses back on so I can actually see where she's pointing): "There?"

Her: "Yeah, her."

Me: "That's not a girl, you moron. That's Jimmy Freaking PAGE!"

Her (miffed): "Well, you look just like her. Him. Whatever."

(Yeah, I WISH I was that thin! But long curlyish dark hair doth not a resemblance make...)

She never did live that one down.

(And no, she wasn't drunk. When she was drunk she was apt to do stuff like burst into your room at 3 AM yelling "Lesh go downta f**king CC21 (Animal House, for those in the know.) I need me a f**king MAAAAN!")

When I was in college, I had a Led Zep poster up on my dorm wall. Well, one night, a rather ditzy friend of mine was hanging out with me and couple of other people, chatting, and at one point I took my glasses (this was in the BC - Before Contacts - days) to try to clean them. Well, my friend looks at me, looks toward the wall, looks at me again and finally says, "You know, without your glasses, you look just like that girl up there."

Me (bewildered): "What girl?"

Me (even more bewildered): "Up where?"

Me: "Which girl up where?"

Her: "With the guitar. Up there."

Me (finally putting my glasses back on so I can actually see where she's pointing): "There?"

Her: "Yeah, her."

Me: "That's not a girl, you moron. That's Jimmy Freaking PAGE!"

Her (miffed): "Well, you look just like her. Him. Whatever."

(Yeah, I WISH I was that thin! But long curlyish dark hair doth not a resemblance make...)

She never did live that one down.

(And no, she wasn't drunk. When she was drunk she was apt to do stuff like burst into your room at 3 AM yelling "Lesh go downta f**king CC21 (Animal House, for those in the know.) I need me a f**king MAAAAN!")

LOL That's funny but she was giving you a compliment in her own ditzy way.

In fact, my other favourite is that blck and white one with Keith Richards standing by a sign at Seattle airport saying something like "Patience please! A drug free Seattle comes first!" He is dressed in a white overall and is sporting big sunglasses!

This doesn´t mean that I endorse drug use etc. But it´s just so ROCK AND ROLL, insn´t it?

SO 1970´s?

00307824lgyy3.jpg

haha..that´s great too

I would just like to point out that my All Time Favourite Rock and Roll Photograph is that one of Jimmy Page drinking Jack Daniels´ straight out of the bottle in the dressing room of MSG.

I doesn´t get much cooler than that!

;););)

I love it too - that's why I chose it as my avatar! :thumbsup:

Damn it, you got the best archive, Sheila! I was wrong about Seattle though....... but wait a minute, I THINK the photo is taken in Seattle?

Do you have the one from the same book in which the "Seattle picture" was (I think) originally published, that says "Keith Richards by the amps" or something like that? Shows Keith grabbing a drink; Coke cans and a JD Bottle on the amps?

that one?

keithcoorscopyright.jpg

i have to tidy up on my computer

Yeah, the new ones are great. It´s a cool thing that he stopped dying his hair black and now allows himself to show his age. Also, he and the other guys carried themselves with such dignity at the 02-show, especially if you compare Jimmy, Robert and John Paul with the (nowaday) clowns of The Rolling Stones.

well i don´t think the rolling stones act like clowns..

i don´t think you can compare led zeppelin with the rolling stones..too different

Archived