2022 MLB Thread

Walter

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Cardinals.

Mets.

Indians.

Blue Jays.

I am a bit shocked that SD did not start Blake Snell but maybe they are saving him for game 2?  Not wanting to go head to head with Sherzer.  I am even more shocked that Seattle did not start Gilbert.  Maybe my pick for Cy Young?  

Game one picks

Phillies

Mets

Tampa

Toronto  even though I know Castillo is good too.  From the Redlegs.  But Gilbert in game two, Ill go with Seattle

Series picks

Phillies

Mets

Tampa   in a toss up.  Hope I am wrong as I cant stand Tampa. But they likely send the hot Rasmussen in game 2.  And guys like Plesac have not had the greatest season though Cleveland has good pitching also.  Cant stand Tampa.  

Toronto  but they lose game two to Gilbert   

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

I'm watching the Guardians game & I'm a bit puzzled why Tito Franconia is pulling Bieber the way he was getting Tampa to chase those sliders in the dirt, but then again, this is the way baseball has been for the last several years.

I guess I should be happy that both starting pitchers were allowed to go 7 or more innings...

Gilbert has to be injured?  Yet Seattle winning.  But they won’t go far without Gilbert.  Ray listed for game 2 vs Gausman.  Toronto should win that matchup.  Phillies might send the King packing?  Yikes 😳.  The two wrecking machines known as the Dodgers and Braves await

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Gilbert has to be injured?  Yet Seattle winning.  But they won’t go far without Gilbert.  Ray listed for game 2 vs Gausman.  Toronto should win that matchup.  Phillies might send the King packing?  Yikes 😳.  The two wrecking machines known as the Dodgers and Braves await

What are you on about? Gilbert is scheduled to pitch Game 3, if necessary.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

There are only two things that I can say about today's game.  The Cardinals played a good game against the Phillies up until the top of the 9th inning.  That is when the bullpen blew the game and the Phillies staged a good comeback with an impressive 6 runs.  Lastly, there is another game tomorrow night and an obvious must-win for the Cardinals.  As I am working till 9pm tomorrow night, I will be able to watch the rest of the game when I get home.  My faith in the Cardinals remains undeterred, however, I am admittingly a bit more nervous than I was earlier today.  

As for the Mets, at the moment they seem to be in the same situation that the Cardinals are in.  

Go Cardinals!!!

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

There are only two things that I can say about today's game.  The Cardinals played a good game against the Phillies up until the top of the 9th inning.  That is when the bullpen blew the game and the Phillies staged a good comeback with an impressive 6 runs.  Lastly, there is another game tomorrow night and an obvious must-win for the Cardinals.  As I am working till 9pm tomorrow night, I will be able to watch the rest of the game when I get home.  My faith in the Cardinals remains undeterred, however, I am admittingly a bit more nervous than I was earlier today.  

As for the Mets, at the moment they seem to be in the same situation that the Cardinals are in.  

Go Cardinals!!!

Does it matter.  Neither have a chance vs Dodgers or Atlanta 

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I guess we pissed off the Padres by talking about skipping deGrom & looking ahead to the Dodgers. Anytime the pitching staff gives up more than 3 runs it's game over.... :(

And now you get Blake Snell.  DeGrom is not himself yet.

why is Logan Gilbert not starting for Seattle?  Unreal

I see they have Gilbert slated to pitch game 3 on Sunday.  This is very strange to me.  I would have sent Gilbert in game 1, of course hind sight is what it is.  So Castillo blanks them. The ex Reds pitcher.  Gilbert is a hell of an ace in the hole for game 3 for Seattle.  I like Toronto to tie it today.  They better. If so, they still will have to face Gilbert in game 3. 

I see nobody beating the Dodgers or Atlanta.  One of those two is going to the series, I say the Dodgers will. They are loaded.  The AL is a much tougher call.  And no I do not see SD beating or even putting up a fight.  The Dodgers own them.  Just keep spending your money Machado because the Orioles will get back to the Series before the Padres do.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Why does Toronto have that sack of shit on the mound?  It’s 9-6 and Seattle has bases juiced w no freaking outs!!!

Omg, almost out of trouble and 3 run double ties game 9-9!  Toronto blows 9-5 lead.  Can still win though.😩

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

The Cardinals season is over.  Shocked, yes.  Disappointed, yes.  Surprised, yes.  However, still very proud and dedicated to my favorite team (win or lose).  The 2023 Saint Louis Cardinals will look like a whole different team without Yadier Molina, Albert Pujols and possibly Adam Wainwright.  Those three Cardinal legends will be reunited in five years from now representing Saint Louis at the induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.  2028, I believe.  All three first ballot nominees and all three first time inductees.  Once again, I am proud to be fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals.

With that being said and the Cardinals out, I will be rooting for my second favorite baseball team, the Houston Astros.  The Astros were my first favorite team as a kid growing up in Houston in the mid to late 1970's, that is until my family and I moved to Saint Louis in late 1980.  

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals season is over.  Shocked, yes.  Disappointed, yes.  Surprised, yes.  However, still very proud and dedicated to my favorite team (win or lose).  The 2023 Saint Louis Cardinals will look like a whole different team without Yadier Molina, Albert Pujols and possibly Adam Wainwright.  Those three Cardinal legends will be reunited in five years from now representing Saint Louis at the induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.  2028, I believe.  All three first ballot nominees and all three first time inductees.  Once again, I am proud to be fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals.

With that being said and the Cardinals out, I will be rooting for my second favorite baseball team, the Houston Astros.  The Astros were my first favorite team as a kid growing up in Houston in the mid to late 1970's, that is until my family and I moved to Saint Louis in late 1980.  

You mean those cheating Astros?  Seriously?  Ill cheer for the Dodgers and Braves.  Either.  My 2nd and 3rd favorite teams. And the best two in the game right now. I am proud of the Orioles too. And if they were in your division they would still be playing. They had a winning record in the toughest division in baseball.  No Pirates and lowly teams to feast on all year. My condolences on the Cardinals. I did not like their choice of pitchers in two games they had to have.  Do you think they put their best out there?  Seattle won both games in Toronto, a true shocker to me, especially since Gilbert, their best pitcher did not pitch!!  Equally shocking. So Seattle now has the luxury of starting Gilbert in game 1.  I hope they play the stinking Astros. Not sure though if they play Houston or Yankees?

After doing an edit, I see it is Seattle and Houston.  So likely Verlander vs Gilbert.  A heck of a matchup. Verlander is beatable. Give me Seattle in 7.  Toronto was one of my sleepers. I am a bit shocked they blew a 9-5 lead but their weakness, their bullpen, was exposed.  Cleveland could give the Yankees big trouble.  Atlanta will pummel the Sillies.  And the Dodgers play who?  Winner of SD an Mets game 3.  Huge game.  Going head to head with the NFL on Sunday night. The Dodgers will make short work of either. I am going to take SD in game 3 because I think Bassett is not that good. Fro Oakland, remember.?  The Dodgers owned SD. Nt sure how they did vs Mets. But if its SD not flights coast to coast. But I will say in game 3 its a tossup.  Mets certainly can win. They beat Blake Snell and that is not easy

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

so was questioning why Buck didn't get someone up in that 45 minute or so half inning and save Diaz but then we saw why when in 9th we hit a batter and walk 3 so mets were lucky to survive, tonight  all hands on deck, would love to get 5 strong innings but who knows these days, quality start seems to be 3-4 innings and 5 runs or less lmao, did better jon  of knocking in runners this game, hopefully will continue  tonite or else

36 minutes ago, ebk said:

That was a great day of baseball yesterday!  Looking forward to the game tonight. 

What do you mean?  Your an O's fan like me!!  What game?  SD?  Yeah I guess.  Seattle was the shocker to me.  Toronto gave us fits all year. Seattle we knew had pitching. But they sit Gilbert, their best, and they somehow come back from 9-5 !!!!!  Toronto bullpen is shit.  Dodgers and Atlanta meanwhile just rest their pitchers ready to wreak havoc on the survivors

6 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What do you mean?  Your an O's fan like me!!  What game?  SD?  Yeah I guess.  Seattle was the shocker to me.  Toronto gave us fits all year. Seattle we knew had pitching. But they sit Gilbert, their best, and they somehow come back from 9-5 !!!!!  Toronto bullpen is shit.  Dodgers and Atlanta meanwhile just rest their pitchers ready to wreak havoc on the survivors

Yes Rick, I'm looking forward to the Mets-Padres game tonight.  I watched all 12 hours of baseball yesterday and they were all good, exciting games.  My AL picks won (yay!) but the Cards lost, which was a shame.  I'm going for the Mets tonight... which is really weird for me, but I love Buck!

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Yes Rick, I'm looking forward to the Mets-Padres game tonight.  I watched all 12 hours of baseball yesterday and they were all good, exciting games.  My AL picks won (yay!) but the Cards lost, which was a shame.  I'm going for the Mets tonight... which is really weird for me, but I love Buck!

Oh man.  I almost forgot about Buck.  I love him too.  But I do not see anyone beating the Dodgers or Atlanta.  I think Cleveland could beat the Yankees and I like Seattle vs Houston with that pitching staff.   I do not think much of Bassett.  The guy  the Mets are going with tonight. I give the Padres and Machado the edge.  .The sack of shit that he is.  Left here whining. The Orioles will see the Series before his Padres.  Even if they win tonight the Dodgers will make short work of them.  Enjoy the game.  There is one good thing in the Cardinals losing.  I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE KING ANY MORE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!  LOL

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

There is one good thing in the Cardinals losing.  I DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE KING ANY MORE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!  LOL

😄

I'm going with Seattle and Cleveland, Dodgers and whoever is playing the Braves because I hate them.