2022 MLB Thread

Walter

19 hours ago, ebk said:

I know Rick. It's not bad baseball at the moment.  

I was not at the game yesterday, but we're getting ready to leave the house now for the game today.  Which, I'm sure since we're there, we will lose. 

I wish you had not said that   Let hope that we get back on track fast.  Like vs Toronto tonight.  Hyde sat Urias and Hayes likely for good reason.  To wake them up or try and end their slumps.  Mountcastle is just too important to be sat for a lesson

So... the Saint Louis Cardinals are in first place in the National League Central.  They have currently won seven straight games.  They swept the New York Yankees over the weekend (the first by a National League team in fifteen or so years) and swept the Chicago Cubs prior to the Yankees.  Nolan Arenado was named the National League Player of the week for the second time this season (4/9/22 and 8/6/22) and was the 2022 Player of the month for April.  Paul Goldschmidt has been named Player of the week twice this season also (6/18/22 and 7/23/22) and named 2022 Player of the month for May.  Pretty impressive if you ask me

Just stating facts.  Not gossip, speculation or innuendo.  

I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals as much as I Love(d) the beautiful Olivia Newton-John.  

Edited by kingzoso

On 8/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, ebk said:

I know Rick. It's not bad baseball at the moment.  

I was not at the game yesterday, but we're getting ready to leave the house now for the game today.  Which, I'm sure since we're there, we will lose. 

No lose last night.  4 HR's and a very nice game.  A well needed win to send Toronto a message.  I believe the Red Sox will finish last no matter how the cards fall. Its right there for us is the wild card.  We have a tough one tonight vs a 12-3 pitcher.  If we lose tonight I believe we bounce back with Kremer tomorrow.  The future is very bright with Means returning and Holiday coming. This new kid has played very well.  Vavra.  Mateo is playing out of his mind.  Mountcastle hit a HR last night, a great sign.  I have MLB package.  

OMG what a sweet win last night in Tampa.  Took those bitch's out to the woodshed.  Some strange  calls.  Orioles won three challenges in two days but finally lost one.  What a play by Mateo in the infield flipping the ball in his glove to first.  It took a challenge to award the O's the out. Then the bullshit call that was not reviewable.  Which is horse shit just like the NFL.  The guy throws the ball into the dugout, way over the runners head.  But Vavra is called out for interfering with first baseman.  Replay showed the call was total bullshit.  But after that, the O's scored more runs in same inning and went on to pound them.  Tonight we send a rookie up from Norfolk vs the starter from the AL all star team.  McClanahan. We beat him the last time and we can beat him again. Mateo is on fire. Both offensively and defensively.  And so is Rauchman. Im not looking up the spellings on these names, nut you know its the kid we drafted as a number 1, the catcher. This kid is fabulous. This team is coming and they are not going away.  Wells is in rehab.  I cant wait until he is back. imagine if we had Means.  Go Orioles!!! The way the Yankees are playing lately catching them could also be on the table.  But I will settle for Tampa, Toronto and Seattle.  I have to mention, Seattle has a ton of good pitching. 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:30 AM, paul carruthers said:

Mets/Dodgers would make for great October baseball. Either Scherzer of deGrom vs. Kershaw...

Takes me back to 1988 and Scioscia's incredible home run and Hershiser coming in for the Game 4 save.

Edited by Strider

We lose to the damn Cubs.  This damn kid Austin Hayes cant run the bases.  Mateo gets a hit to right field to put two on with one out in the ninth.  Then Mullins who is usually reliable, pops out in a line drive type of pop out to the 2nd baseman and stupid ass Hayes gets nailed at 2nd, does not get back to bag on time. So be blows the turn at second on Mateo's hit.  Then he fucks us on the pop out to end the game.  Bench the kid for a week. He is not hitting anyway.  Boston comes in and we had best beat them

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We lose to the damn Cubs.  This damn kid Austin Hayes cant run the bases.  Mateo gets a hit to right field to put two on with one out in the ninth.  Then Mullins who is usually reliable, pops out in a line drive type of pop out to the 2nd baseman and stupid ass Hayes gets nailed at 2nd, does not get back to bag on time. So be blows the turn at second on Mateo's hit.  Then he fucks us on the pop out to end the game.  Bench the kid for a week. He is not hitting anyway.  Boston comes in and we had best beat them

I will admit that I only follow the Saint Louis Cardinals, however I do keep my eyes on other teams that in some ways directly impact the Cardinals and their standing in the NL Central.  At this time in the baseball season I also keep track of who is in the wild card race in the National League.  Since the Cardinals are currently in first place (three games ahead of the Brewers), I like to check the scores of Atlanta, Philly and San Diego to see how these three teams are doing in case the Cardinals have to play one of them in the playoffs.  Probably the wild card since the Dodgers and the Braves have a better record than the Cardinals.  At least this year MLB got rid of the one game playoff game.  Best 2 out of 3.

I will also admit that I am fairly impressed with your Orioles.  I do not know anything about them (players, management etc...) but they did go from last place to fourth place and now a possible wild card contender considering they were the worst team (at least in wins/loses) last season.  Good Luck.

Only 10 more home runs till 700.  I really hope he does it:

National League (co) Player(s) of the week.  Saint Louis Cardinal Albert Pujols and Paul Goldschmidt (again).  Third time this year for Goldy.  Goldschmidt is heavily favored to win National League Most Valuable Player this year.  From what I have seen of him, he readily deserves it.  Behind him for MVP is Nolan Arenado.

The Cardinals have won 7 in a row and are currently 5.0 games ahead of the Brewers.  

Edited to add:  Make that 8 games in a row and a 5.5 lead over the Brewers.  Pujols' solo home run won the game and he is now 7 HR's away from 700.

Edited by kingzoso

Kremer and Bradish both pitch gems in Houston and we have already won this series vs the Astros.  Verlander goes against us today.  Then we go to Cleveland. Finally got some help.  Toronto and TB both lost again and the Orioles are right there

We have to try and hold serve and get through this trip to Cleveland.  I know Boston and Oakland come into Baltimore after.  Our chance to make a real run at TB and Toronto and Seattle. We only need to catch one of them.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hyde made a bad decision that cost us the sweep in Houston.  Voth had 1 hitter into the 7th and after a walk on a close pitch on a full count Hyde pulls him!  With one hit!!! And Mateo was safe at 3rd n a challenge we lost.  Still the O’s right there!!!!

To you the O's might be right there, but have they won 21 out of the last 27 games as have the Cardinals?  Who are right there with a 6 game lead over the Brewers and Albert Pujols is now only 6 homeruns away from 700.  (Sorry that you cannot bring up the whole steroid issue with Pujols as you have, and probably still will, with Mark McGuire).  Keep going Saint Louis!!!

Edited by kingzoso

On 8/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, kingzoso said:

To you the O's might be right there, but have they won 21 out of the last 27 games as have the Cardinals?  Who are right there with a 6 game lead over the Brewers and Albert Pujols is now only 6 homeruns away from 700.  (Sorry that you cannot bring up the whole steroid issue with Pujols as you have, and probably still will, with Mark McGuire).  Keep going Saint Louis!!!

In that garbage division?  Please

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

In that garbage division?  Please

I don't care what division the Cardinals are in (or any team for that matter), I just know that it is nice to see that my favorite team is in first place (almost on a yearly basis).  I guess that you have not known that feeling since the 1970's.  Decades ago.  I know that that would suck if that were the case for the Saint Louis Cardinals but knowing that they are serious contenders every year (even if they do not win the World Series) is perfectly fine with me.  The same cannot be said of your Orioles.  I am glad that I never have to know that feeling like you do (every baseball year/season).

Edited by kingzoso

On 9/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, kingzoso said:

I don't care what division the Cardinals are in (or any team for that matter), I just know that it is nice to see that my favorite team is in first place (almost on a yearly basis).  I guess that you have not known that feeling since the 1970's.  Decades ago.  I know that that would suck if that were the case for the Saint Louis Cardinals but knowing that they are serious contenders every year (even if they do not win the World Series) is perfectly fine with me.  The same cannot be said of your Orioles.  I am glad that I never have to know that feeling like you do (every baseball year/season).

We will soon.  The Orioles are a hot team and Toronto comes in Monday for a huge series.  The Yankees are free falling.  They might not even win the division.  They cant score.  Baltimore is right in the midst of the race.  In a division that is the best in baseball.  No weak teams like that crap of a division your team is in.  Feasting on the Pirates how many times a year?  What a joke.  And lets not forget the Redlegs.  Another small market team that has paid the price of greedy free agency teams like the Yankees and Cardinals since the days of Steinbrenner. Your team stole our catcher years ago, Wieters whose jersey I have.  Raushman is not for sale. He is the best catcher in baseball is the rookie.  Mountcastle is another name you should pay attention to. 

Wow, I don't know if I should've expected a letdown after the series with the Dodgers, but 2 runs in 2 games against that little league squad of the Nationals is pathetic. I don't know what Buck has to do to kick this offense in the ass, but hopefully he's doing it on the plane to Pittsburgh...

<_<