Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

In the news today, another soft Generation Z snowflake who doesn't do adulting well snapped and killed four people at a bank in Louisville after he was told he was going to be fired. Of course there can be only one solution, and that is to disarm me and countless other law-abiding American citizens.

Here I was thinking the Second Amendment was about having the right to bear arms, not the right to kill people with them.

Every "law abiding gun owner" could potentially become a criminal if or when they snap by going on a rampage killing innocent people, usually students.

Two morons killing people in Louisville in two incidents within hours of the bank situation.

3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Here I was thinking the Second Amendment was about having the right to bear arms, not the right to kill people with them.

Every "law abiding gun owner" could potentially become a criminal if or when they snap by going on a rampage killing innocent people, usually students.

Two morons killing people in Louisville in two incidents within hours of the bank situation.

The Second Amendment does not confer the right to bear arms, it merely protects the inalienable right to self-defense. Sometimes it is quite necessary to shoot someone in self-defense and given the sheer number of degenerates, career criminals and illegal alien invaders in our midst it's almost inevitable. That said, by your logic, every person who consumes alcohol could drive drunk and kill someone. Every person who owns a set of steak knives could snap and go on a stabbing spree. It's important to remember that laws are for the lawless. 

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In the news today, another soft Generation Z snowflake who doesn't do adulting well snapped and killed four people at a bank in Louisville after he was told he was going to be fired. Of course there can be only one solution, and that is to disarm me and countless other law-abiding American citizens.

so for Easter we have a tradition of fishing at our  30 acre lake, all 3 kids came home for weekend with their spouses it was a great  3 days, after fishing we stacked up some  beer cans  and shot for a couple hours with a range of pistols, 22's, rifles, etc.... of the  8 of us half are female,  we thoroughly enjoy shooting , hunting etc... and vote to protect these rights, I have no problem with others that  don't like  or have  no guns so long as they respect my right  to keep and bear arms and as  I told a  new yorker who moved  in couple years back and complained of our shooting and lectured me that people shouldn't own guns I simply told him that I respect his  stance and if he was ever threatened by violent criminals I would make sure as not to save his ass with my  guns! He doesn't come around anymore😉

5 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so for Easter we have a tradition of fishing at our  30 acre lake, all 3 kids came home for weekend with their spouses it was a great  3 days, after fishing we stacked up some  beer cans  and shot for a couple hours with a range of pistols, 22's, rifles, etc.... of the  8 of us half are female,  we thoroughly enjoy shooting , hunting etc... and vote to protect these rights, I have no problem with others that  don't like  or have  no guns so long as they respect my right  to keep and bear arms and as  I told a  new yorker who moved  in couple years back and complained of our shooting and lectured me that people shouldn't own guns I simply told him that I respect his  stance and if he was ever threatened by violent criminals I would make sure as not to save his ass with my  guns! He doesn't come around anymore😉

Had a guy visit from Bronxville, NY and he was shocked that I was carrying a small pocket pistol. Better to have it and not need it.....yada yada yada!! 😄

On 4/9/2023 at 12:56 AM, redrum said:

For my niece who passed at age 45. 

On 4/9/2023 at 3:55 AM, slave to zep said:

I became a grandmother last night ❤

Whoa, talk about the circle of life. The timing on these posts was eerie. One soul departing. One soul arriving.

Condolences, redrum. 45 years seems still a child. My sympathies to your family.

Congratulations, Slave! An Easter baby. Is this your first grandchild? Are you excited about being a grandmother? What is your preferred sobriquet? Grandmother or grandma or something else?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Whoa, talk about the circle of life. The timing on these posts was eerie. One soul departing. One soul arriving.

Condolences, redrum. 45 years seems still a child. My sympathies to your family.

Congratulations, Slave! An Easter baby. Is this your first grandchild? Are you excited about being a grandmother? What is your preferred sobriquet? Grandmother or grandma or something else?

Thanks, Strider. 🙂

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes, first grandchild,  from my first child. 

Very excited! She lives 6 hours drive away, going there tomorrow. 

I don't care what she calls me 🙂

22 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Second Amendment does not confer the right to bear arms, it merely protects the inalienable right to self-defense. Sometimes it is quite necessary to shoot someone in self-defense and given the sheer number of degenerates, career criminals and illegal alien invaders in our midst it's almost inevitable. That said, by your logic, every person who consumes alcohol could drive drunk and kill someone. Every person who owns a set of steak knives could snap and go on a stabbing spree. It's important to remember that laws are for the lawless. 

Thankfully I live in a country where we don't have to "shoot in self-defence" and yes, we have our share of criminals who, for the most part don't interfere with the public but there have been times when they do. It happened in 2009 at Sydney Airport when bikie gangs fought and shot at each other leaving one dead, leading to reprisals later on. Thankfully on-one else was injured.

Potentially they can. There have even been incidents where sober people have driven cars into innocent pedestrians with fatal results. Stabbings occur regularly but aren't reported as much as gun related crime.

Everyone is law abiding until they commit a crime.

9 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Thankfully I live in a country where we don't have to "shoot in self-defence" and yes, we have our share of criminals who, for the most part don't interfere with the public but there have been times when they do. It happened in 2009 at Sydney Airport when bikie gangs fought and shot at each other leaving one dead, leading to reprisals later on. Thankfully on-one else was injured.

Potentially they can. There have even been incidents where sober people have driven cars into innocent pedestrians with fatal results. Stabbings occur regularly but aren't reported as much as gun related crime.

Everyone is law abiding until they commit a crime.

America is full of lawless creeps. It goes way back. Many died from lead poisoning. 

DEAD OUTLAWS.webp

28 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It's amazing how many robo-calls I have to block on a daily basis, either offering health insurance or some type of personal loan. All of which, are supposed to be free with no strings attached... <_<

The same people call me all the time.  Now when I hear the tell tail sign that it's them I answer the by saying hello this is microsoft computer service and they hang up every time.

On 4/11/2023 at 2:57 AM, redrum said:

100 cords!! Man, I could use some of that. I have to scrounge for free wood as I can't afford $350 a cord. I have a small house so I don't burn as much. Best heat in the world. 

FIREWOOD STACKED.jpg

Very nice redrum, I am yet to get another box-trailer load. I first have to get off my lazy ass and rebuild my woodpile area (similar to ^that but much smaller). Need to lay base and a little slab to keep the weeds at bay.

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I'm still waiting for my "jetpack," and flying skateboard that was supposed to arrive after the turn of the century. Of course, the world didn't explode on January 1st, 2000, so maybe I already knew the whiff of the bullshit...  :D

👍