Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I'm still waiting for my "jetpack," and flying skateboard that was supposed to arrive after the turn of the century. 

They don't exist because they require a society educated in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEP), not Gender Studies, Social Justice & Environmentalism. 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:10 AM, rm2551 said:

Very nice redrum, I am yet to get another box-trailer load. I first have to get off my lazy ass and rebuild my woodpile area (similar to ^that but much smaller). Need to lay base and a little slab to keep the weeds at bay.

There's some huge trees in town they cut down for developers. I'm hoping I can finagle one or two out of the property owner. Not sure what the trees are, but hell, wood is wood. 

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I have to remember to stop calling the postal service. It's like I'm begging for a migraine when I wait 5 minutes or more on the damn phone trying to get an actual human being...

:wall:

Same here with doctors. 

Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold. 

😒

On 4/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, redrum said:

but hell, wood is wood

Not really, a really good hardwood (redgum, beech, etc.) can be a LOT hotter and a cleaner/longer burn (less ash). I learnt a little about this from charcoal I source for the Weber BBQ. It is amazing how different woods have very different characteristics - even when in lump charcoal form. It's apples and oranges.

But yeah, wood is wood, and you have a mad pile. 🙂

On 4/19/2023 at 4:47 PM, SteveAJones said:

The demographic projections for America make me long for the sweet release of death.

Fuck you make me laugh Steve. What a way with words.

Don't give up just yet old son, 'tis an interesting world we inhabit. Find the good, don't focus on the bad. You'll live longer (which might not be your goal admittedly 🤣).

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, Don Lemon & CNN officially part ways and somehow, I still don't care. Isn't there real news to report on? Maybe Donald Trump said something ignorant again that will blow up the twitter machine....  :rolleyes:

Tucker has now been fired from every cable news network. I really hope they run for President in 2024. Let the swine tear each other apart. 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:22 AM, redrum said:

Same here with doctors. 

Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold. 

😒

And banks and credit card companies and phone companies....just try getting a real live human.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Tucker has now been fired from every cable news network. I really hope they run for President in 2024. Let the swine tear each other apart. 

Tucker Carlson will remain a prominent national media figure for years to come. If anything, his release from Fox News allows him to reach his full potential as a commentator.