2022 NFL Thread

Walter

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Game of the day?  Two of them really.  I could not get the SF?Miami game here.  Was delighted the Bengals overcame a blown first and goal with no points ending the first half and still beat the fat ass Andy Reid and his rabble.  Had to settle for highlights of the Miami game. The score doesn't tell the whole story.  A late turnover TD by the defense made it look more lopsided than it was.  Miami had several turnovers.  But still put up a fight.  Of course with Jimmy G leaving early I was worried about the outcome.  But it was a good outcome for my Bills both in SF and Cincy.   So now Jets come in.  Bills are favored by 9 1/2.  Lots of respect in Vegas.  I don't like laying that many but hopefully they are out to avenge that early game in NY.  I expect the Bills D to  give them hell. Thanks Minnesota by the way.  It was nerve wracking the end of that game.  Like the end of every Vikings game. It was better back in the day when Minnesota played outdoors in the snow.  The days of Joe Kapp

I did watch the Miami @ San Francisco game. Pretty much ignored the Raiders-Chargers, Seahawks-Rams, and Bengals-Chiefs games because I wanted to see the coaching matchup between Shanahan and his protege and see if the 49ers defense was for real. Rick, actually the game was not as close as the score suggests. 

Nick Bosa completely wrecked Miami's offensive line and was in Tua's face all day and Miami could not run the ball at all. Middle linebacker Fred Warner shut down the middle of the field. The 49ers controlled the ball and possession 40 minutes to only 20 for the Dolphins. Miami was zero for the game on third down conversions. Take away the one possession where Tyreek Hill managed to get free and the Dolphins would have been the sixth straight opponent shut out in the 2nd half by the 49ers.

San Francisco dominated the Dolphins...with a third string quarterback, no less.

Edited by Strider

12 hours ago, Strider said:

I did watch the Miami @ San Francisco game. Pretty much ignored the Raiders-Chargers, Seahawks-Rams, and Bengals-Chiefs games because I wanted to see the coaching matchup between Shanahan and his protege and see if the 49ers defense was for real. Rick, actually the game was not as close as the score suggests. 

Nick Bosa completely wrecked Miami's offensive line and was in Tua's face all day and Miami could not run the ball at all. Middle linebacker Fred Warner shut down the middle of the field. The 49ers controlled the ball and possession 40 minutes to only 20 for the Dolphins. Miami was zero for the game on third down conversions. Take away the one possession where Tyreek Hill managed to get free and the Dolphins would have been the sixth straight opponent shut out in the 2nd half by the 49ers.

San Francisco dominated the Dolphins...with a third string quarterback, no less.

If they can get game management skills out of this rookie, SF could go to the Super Bowl.  I am still hoping for that elusive Bills vs 49ers SB.  Back in the day we had hoped for Kelly vs Montana.  The Bengals and KC was a good game, for the Bills and Bengals.   I hate Kelce.  Cant stand him or Reid

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It could happen. SF might be better off without Jimmy G

I worked with a guy who was totally accident prone. 

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Garoppolo will not need surgery and could return in seven to eight weeks — making it a possibility that he’s healthy enough for the playoffs.

32 minutes ago, redrum said:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Garoppolo will not need surgery and could return in seven to eight weeks — making it a possibility that he’s healthy enough for the playoffs.

No way. He's 31, it takes 6 weeks just for the bone to heal and then he'd have to get into football shape. Would they start him in the SB if another QB gets them there? No way. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

No way. He's 31, it takes 6 weeks just for the bone to heal and then he'd have to get into football shape. Would they start him in the SB if another QB gets them there? No way. 

I doubt it too. 

16 hours ago, redrum said:

If the other guy is winning and playing well, I don’t think Shanahan would change

Typical Raiders. They have now lost four games this season in which they led by 10 or more points at halftime. The most blown halftime leads in Raiders history.

And I swear I have never seen a quarterback throw more endzone interceptions in my life than Derek Carr.

That's it...you can put a bow and ribbon on another mediocre season by the Raiders. They're going nowhere.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, redrum said:

If this kid gets them to the title game or  SB do you really think Shanahan will pull him for Jimmy G?  I doubt it.  Jimmy G is not Josh Allen

Dak doing his usual 'play like a bum against a bad team so he can be a hero at the end' thing. Dak is the black Derek Carr.

And Houston, with that series of play calls at Dallas' goal line, showed why they are 1-11.

Even on that last Hail Mary throw by Houston, there wasn't a single Houston player who made a play for the ball. It was all Cowboys.

Can you spell T-A-N-K?

Edited by Strider

With Tampa and Brady in full collapse, Carolina can be in first place next week.  And they are favored and the Bucs are dogs to the Bengals who should beat them.  Imagine if Carolina wins that division.  Sure its means that the Saints as bad as things have gone are still alive.  Atlanta has been horrible since their great start.  Carolina is playing better than anyone in that division. Or "Buffalo South".  The Bills can pretty much clinch the East with a win over Miami.  And this is the dreaded third game in a row on the road for the Dolphins. Big win for the Chargers, they can now jump over Miami in the standings if the Bills beat them.  I cannot remember a Saturday night game in Buffalo.  Ever.   Playoffs even during the day.  The last game Shula ever coached I was there.  Thomas had a big day, Bills beat them on route to the third or fourth Super Bowl. This after I had been to the third coldest game in NFL history vs the Raiders. Kelly against Hostetler  

Its not going to be easy to hang on to the bye.  KC is getting a dick schedule.  Denver covered and almost came back on them.  Now they get Houston. How the fuck did that happen?  Hoping Houston has some more fight in them. But its a stretch to think they can win.  Bills have to go to Cincy so I have to see if KC has any tough games left.  What a joke.

19 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Lions by 2.5?  Against a 10-2 team they already lost to.  Wouldn't touch that one.  I smell a Vegas rat.

Your team is on the rise pal.  Hope they beat the Jets.  Pick game. If they can block the Jets front line, they will beat them. That is the tough part. Of course leaning of Whites condition after Matt Milano hammered him.  I mean hannered him.  So did Oliver. They wheel the guy into the locker room for X Rays. No two month wait and insurance hold ups like for us regular Joes.  They get the fucking X ray on the spot.  What a world this is. Then he comes back out for more punishment.

If your boys run the table your in!!!!!!  Imagine that.  The Lions in the playoffs.  May would I love to see that and them kick some ass.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 12/7/2022 at 5:33 PM, paul carruthers said:

I saw breaking news on my phone a few hours ago that Von Miller is lost for the season. Tough break for Buffalo.... 

Tough break for sure. I would not have given him that kind of money. I do not think he will be the reason we do or do not get to the Super Bowl.  We have to win out likely with KC's dick schedule to get that bye.  I do not like the one team only getting the bye.  I do not think its right.  We likely will have to go into Cincy and win to get it. Then give Belecheck another beat down. That assuming we do not allow the Dolphins to beat us.  What goes against Miami here is third straight on the road, and they must go from sunny LA to miserable weather here in Buffalo.  First snow was yesterday.  I mean the kind that sticks.  Saturday night in Buffalo it could be a blizzard.   I wonder how much of that money they must now waste on Miller?  These guys all get these ACL injuries.  

We must run the table and then i believe we wind up eventually hosting KC for AFC.  Of course it can play out differently but that is the most likely.  But Cincy is in the mix as well.  SF at Philly in the NFC seems very likely.  But Minnesota and Dallas might have a say.  I think Vikings can be dangerous.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977