2022 NFL Thread

Walter

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Your team is on the rise pal.  Hope they beat the Jets.  Pick game. If they can block the Jets front line, they will beat them. That is the tough part. Of course leaning of Whites condition after Matt Milano hammered him.  I mean hannered him.  So did Oliver. They wheel the guy into the locker room for X Rays. No two month wait and insurance hold ups like for us regular Joes.  They get the fucking X ray on the spot.  What a world this is. Then he comes back out for more punishment.

If your boys run the table your in!!!!!!  Imagine that.  The Lions in the playoffs.  May would I love to see that and them kick some ass.  

I knew things were different when Hutchinson intercepted that end-zone pass against Green Bay.  That was the most un-lionish play I've seen in 55 years.  Our shitty division is in transition, and I like our position going forward.  Don't really care about this year.  We're young.  Very young.  How many times are other teams gonna fall for our fake punts?  At this point, it's some poor coaching from the other side.  

Very tired of watching the Bucs & Chiefs every weekend, so I enjoyed last night's game between two teams I just don't get to see very often.

As far as I'm concerned, they can get rid of every one of those old farts on the NFL Today.  Tired of Howie, Bradshaw, and especially Simms & Boomer.  Time for some fresh blood.

On 12/11/2022 at 12:16 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oliver and Milano clobber Jets QB.  I hope the kid is ok?  Went for X rays. No doubt wind knocked out but hopefully not worse.  Milano got him low ribs.  17-7 Bills an 21-7 Lions right now.

I had to watch the game on tape, as I was watching Dallas-Houston and Detroit Minnesota in the morning. It looked like Mike White was severed in half.

In fact, White was getting hammered all game long and not a single RTP flag. Then, during the night game the Dolphins get called for RTP on Herbert on what looked like a clean legal sack. Easily one of the worst calls I have ever seen. 

The inconsistent refereeing in the NFL is mind-boggling. The NFL officials are the worst of the big 3...worse than the NBA and MLB. 

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I knew things were different when Hutchinson intercepted that end-zone pass against Green Bay.  That was the most un-lionish play I've seen in 55 years.  Our shitty division is in transition, and I like our position going forward.  Don't really care about this year.  We're young.  Very young.  How many times are other teams gonna fall for our fake punts?  At this point, it's some poor coaching from the other side.  

Very tired of watching the Bucs & Chiefs every weekend, so I enjoyed last night's game between two teams I just don't get to see very often.

As far as I'm concerned, they can get rid of every one of those old farts on the NFL Today.  Tired of Howie, Bradshaw, and especially Simms & Boomer.  Time for some fresh blood.

Tired of Jimmy Johnson too.  Hope Lions beat Jets.  Can make playoffs but it won’t be easy unless White can’t go.  If you get to play Joe Flacco Lions win easy

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I had to watch the game on tape, as I was watching Dallas-Houston and Detroit Minnesota in the morning. It looked like Mike White was severed in half.

In fact, White was getting hammered all game long and not a single RTP flag. Then, during the night game the Dolphins get called for RTP on Herbert on what looked like a clean legal sack. Easily one of the worst calls I have ever seen. 

The inconsistent refereeing in the NFL is mind-boggling. The NFL officials are the worst of the big 3...worse than the NBA and MLB. 

Come on Sean.  Those were hard hits by Oliver and Milano but clean

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Come on Sean.  Those were hard hits by Oliver and Milano but clean

That was my point. If the same pussy refs that were working the Miami-San Diego game had worked the Buffalo-Jets game, there would have been yellow flags all over the place.

Where's @paul carruthers? Dude must have been apoplectic at that roughing the passer call on Phillips in the third quarter on what looked like a clean tackle of Sherbert. Not that Tua was in any position to win that game for Miami. He's had his two worst games of the season back-to-back. December is winning time in the NFL. This is when teams step up and show what they are made of.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, Strider said:

That was my point. If the same pussy refs that were working the Miami-San Diego game had worked the Buffalo-Jets game, there would have been yellow flags all over the place.

Where's @paul carruthers? Dude must have been apoplectic at that roughing the passer call on Phillips in the third quarter on what looked like a clean tackle of Sherbert. Not that Tua was in any position to win that game for Miami. He's had his two worst games of the season back-to-back. December is winning time in the NFL. This is when teams step up and show what they are made of.

Ex Bill  Phillips.  Was always on McDermott's shit list.  Tua is not the franchise guy moving forward IMO.  If he goes South later, they will draft someone. I still think they draft a QB as they are loaded with picks and give him some competition. 

The Ringer likes your team, Bong-Man.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/12/14/23508619/detroit-lions-playoff-push-dan-campbell-jared-goff

The Detroit Lions Are Just Getting Started

Dan Campbell, Jared Goff, and Co. are 6-7 and have a legit shot at making the playoffs. But whether they get to the postseason or not isn’t the point—this team is built for the long term.

SolakDetroitLions_Getty_Ringer.0.jpg.0666be031151d1b4f5c9d069c2f0eb48.jpg

9 minutes ago, Strider said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/12/14/23508619/detroit-lions-playoff-push-dan-campbell-jared-goff

Dan Campbell, Jared Goff, and Co. are 6-7 and have a legit shot at making the playoffs. But whether they get to the postseason or not isn’t the point—this team is built for the long term.

I hope they beat the Jets but White is expected to play.  Not good news for Lions, but not sure about their pass rusher who went down vs Bills w calf injury.  If Lions can protect Geoff they have a shot.  

Snow storm moving in here.  Tua haa a s never played in a game under 36 degrees!  Well, this will be your first.  Paul said the Dolphins will be ready?  Not sure about ready for this weather.  I think a Bills win seals the division.  But KC is the other matter.  May have to run the table to secure the one seed

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, just when I was starting to have confidence in Tua, this losing streak begins. I'll admit, I'm nervous as hell about Saturday--especially with the forecast calling for 7 inches of snow... :unsure:

You should be nervous sending a warm weather guy that has never played in these conditions into a snake pit, with Bills fans yelling at him and Josh Allen on the other side.  Ill be shocked if we get beat by Miami. The Jets have a better defense than Miami.  But Ill give Miami the nod on offense vs an inexperienced guy in White.  They kid is not bad though, he got hammered by Oliver and Milano and came back for more punishment. Is marble head trying to get him killed?  The Lions must protect Geoff or they will lose. But the Jets are without their star pass rusher who went down vs the Bills. If Miami does not pull the upset will you still want Tua moving forward?  I know its not all on him.  I expect the Bills to beat them but I also expect Miami to bounce back after that and win some tough games and make the playoffs.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

The part that impresses me the most from the disasters of the past is the work of our GM.  He's made some tough decisions and every one of them was correct.  The Stafford trade, not signing Gollaway or Hockinson, and his understanding of the draft and the salary cap.  He used top picks for the inside (Sewell & Hutchinson) and finds good solid players in the late rounds.

The long-term status of Jared Goff is his next tough call.  Does he take a QB with that top 5 pick from the Rams?  Save money long-term by re-signing Goff?  Trade the pick to a team more desperate for a QB for a shit load of picks?  If Jared Goff has been on trial, even his worst critics would have to admit he's passed the test.  I've been very neutral towards the guy.  I like that the Rams basically shit on him and kept his mouth shut.  He always needs protection, but if he gets it, he can methodically tear a defense apart.  I just have one looming question about him.  What happens when the California kid has to play outside in Green Bay & Chicago in December & January? 

We are NOT a playoff team but thank-you Seahawks.    

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

The part that impresses me the most from the disasters of the past is the work of our GM.  He's made some tough decisions and every one of them was correct.  The Stafford trade, not signing Gollaway or Hockinson, and his understanding of the draft and the salary cap.  He used top picks for the inside (Sewell & Hutchinson) and finds good solid players in the late rounds.

The long-term status of Jared Goff is his next tough call.  Does he take a QB with that top 5 pick from the Rams?  Save money long-term by re-signing Goff?  Trade the pick to a team more desperate for a QB for a shit load of picks?  If Jared Goff has been on trial, even his worst critics would have to admit he's passed the test.  I've been very neutral towards the guy.  I like that the Rams basically shit on him and kept his mouth shut.  He always needs protection, but if he gets it, he can methodically tear a defense apart.  I just have one looming question about him.  What happens when the California kid has to play outside in Green Bay & Chicago in December & January? 

We are NOT a playoff team but thank-you Seahawks.    

White is a no go for Jets tomorrow and Lions 🦁 just might be a playoff team.

Blizzard conditions possible for Bills and Dolphins.  10-15 inches possible in Buffalo 🦬 tomorrow 

latest has 10-18 “ near the stadium tomorrow!  Miserable

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

You should be nervous sending a warm weather guy that has never played in these conditions into a snake pit.

I remember the Niners had a playoff game in Chicago with absolute miserable weather. They beat the crap out of the Bears. 

So I checked the Colts @ Vikings score earlier and it said 33-0 Colts at halftime. I did a double-take to make sure I didn't misread the score. I could only laugh and think that's what I get for picking Minnehaha.

Now I just checked the score again and see the game is going to overtime tied at 36-36. Once again...I can only laugh. Can't wait to see what the hell happened later tonight.

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

So I checked the Colts @ Vikings score earlier and it said 33-0 Colts at halftime. I did a double-take to make sure I didn't misread the score. I could only laugh and think that's what I get for picking Minnehaha.

Now I just checked the score again and see the game is going to overtime tied at 36-36. Once again...I can only laugh. Can't wait to see what the hell happened later tonight.

Minnesota won.  39-36,OT.  NFL network saying it is now biggest comeback in NFL history.  Ok so 1 point better than Bills over Oilers BUT Bills did it in playoff game!!!!

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Minnesota won.  39-36,OT.  NFL network saying it is now biggest comeback in NFL history.  Ok so 1 point better than Bills over Oilers BUT Bills did it in playoff game!!!!

Refs are shit.  That was not ruffing punter.  They want Miami.  Bad call.  Free points

On 12/15/2022 at 7:45 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, just when I was starting to have confidence in Tua, this losing streak begins. I'll admit, I'm nervous as hell about Saturday--especially with the forecast calling for 7 inches of snow... :unsure:

Im sure you are disgusted.  But I give your team credit.  They hung tough.  The snow finally arrived and it sure did not help Miami. Their running game gave the Bills fits and that one to Waddle was a blown coverage. I did not know he had that kind of speed.  They will beat Green Bay, win out and be in the playoffs.  If they or Jets go to KC I hope they win.  I still think the Jets beat out NE for the last playoff spot. NE stinks.