2022 NFL Thread

Walter

32 minutes ago, Strider said:

And a THIRD terrible interception in a row by Tua! FFS.

He’s a bum like I said before the season started.  They need to use their arsenal of draft picks and grab a QB.  Those shit heads cost me from $50 on parlays,  I was right on Houston, wrong on fish.  On to Cincinnati for my Bills.  Huge game.  I hope Denver can beat KC but that is a dream.  Your Raiders fucked me too

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

39 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

He’s a bum like I said before the season started.  They need to use their arsenal of draft picks and grab a QB.  Those shit heads cost me from $50 on parlays,  I was right on Houston, wrong on fish.  On to Cincinnati for my Bills.  Huge game.  I hope Denver can beat KC but that is a dream.  Your Raiders fucked me too

crisco-03.thumb.jpg.a41b0ba8cfa8d9a03f4a3549e76be496.jpg

Well, I remember saying at the beginning of the year that a Wild Card was my expectation for the Fins & we're barely clinging to that last one. Let me also be the first to congratulate Justin Herbert on making it to the playoffs. More and more, that decision to not draft Herbert by Miami looks worse every single day....  :( 

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I remember saying at the beginning of the year that a Wild Card was my expectation for the Fins & we're barely clinging to that last one. Let me also be the first to congratulate Justin Herbert on making it to the playoffs. More and more, that decision to not draft Herbert by Miami looks worse every single day....  :( 

At least your team isn't the dumpster fire that Denver is right now. I thought the Jets showing against the Jaguars last Thursday night was one of the worst displays of football by a team this year. The Denver Broncos said "Hold my beer" against the Rams on Christmas Day.

Good-bye Nathaniel Hackett. He never should have been hired in the first place.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/broncos-fire-two-more-coaches-parting-ways-head-coach-nathaniel-hackett

On 12/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Miami will roll GB.  🔐!!! 

I hope someone is collecting these Nostrodomus-like predictions of yours for posterity.

To be fair, you did nail it on the Houston pick. I had a hunch to pick Houston but pussied out when I saw the game was in Tennessee. Thought Houston wouldn't have the cajones to do it on the road.

Not only the Nathaniel Hackett hire, but I'm sure someone in Denver's upper management is having 4th and 5th thoughts about that contract to Russell Wilson. Father Time has been a busy boy this season & looking ahead, I can't wait to see Brady & Tampa flame out in the first round of the playoffs--provided they get there....  

25 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Not only the Nathaniel Hackett hire, but I'm sure someone in Denver's upper management is having 4th and 5th thoughts about that contract to Russell Wilson. Father Time has been a busy boy this season & looking ahead, I can't wait to see Brady & Tampa flame out in the first round of the playoffs--provided they get there....  

I warned my sister in Denver that Wilson was too past his prime to invest all hope in. She still insists Peyton was able to do it late in his career, and that the team is still supportive of him. Maybe it's that elevation and all that John Denver they listen to...

so whats going on with the  nfl these days? couple weeks back Falcons rightfully bench Mariota and he leaves team and silence from coach and gm and now reading where coached has  benched Carr on Raiders and he's leaving team, well wth is going on, how bout get  on practice field, bust your ass, help  your replacement prepare, etc... and if you think of leaving well your fired and you won't get paid! not sure why this is happening but I long for the return of a Landry, Poll, Shula, Lombardi, etc...

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

so whats going on with the  nfl these days? couple weeks back Falcons rightfully bench Mariota and he leaves team and silence from coach and gm and now reading where coached has  benched Carr on Raiders and he's leaving team, well wth is going on, how bout get  on practice field, bust your ass, help  your replacement prepare, etc... and if you think of leaving well your fired and you won't get paid! not sure why this is happening but I long for the return of a Landry, Poll, Shula, Lombardi, etc...

Especially with football being the ultimate team sport, I always hope for those who think they're above that to fail miserably. Unfortunately, not enough do and many even get praise for "sticking it to the man". No, you're just ruining it for us fans...

I think we all know how the NFL works--especially on a Thursday night. Either Dallas is going to run Tennessee out of the stadium, or they revert to type & have another struggle, like with Houston.

I think I might bet on the latter, because there have been a lot of games this year that were supposed to be laughers and ended up with a close score. That is, if I don't fall asleep before halftime... :lol:

On 12/27/2022 at 1:49 PM, Strider said:

I hope someone is collecting these Nostrodomus-like predictions of yours for posterity.

To be fair, you did nail it on the Houston pick. I had a hunch to pick Houston but pussied out when I saw the game was in Tennessee. Thought Houston wouldn't have the cajones to do it on the road.

The final nail in Tua's future.  He looked good much of the season but he has just fallen apart like the rest of this team after a good showing in Buffalo.  I really do believe Miami will beat New England though.  Put that one in my collection.  My other upset will be the Texans again. I picked them last week so I get credit for that. The Raiders are also a dumpster fire pal.  They suck.  SUCK.