1975.01.18 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

Steve thanks so much.  This sounds great.  I think that the cut in Wanton Song is one of the great tragedies in music recording, right up there with the cut in Heartbreaker at RAH 1970.  The bass in Wanton Song here is so incredible.  The tones he gets on those bridge parts, especially leading up to the guitar solo.  My goodness.  You can certainly see where some Zooma and Thunderthief tracks came from all those years later.  The immensity and intensity of Jones' bass playing continues to amaze me to this day.  He is without peer.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, John M said:

Steve thanks so much.  This sounds great.  I think that the cut in Wanton Song is one of the great tragedies in music recording, right up there with the cut in Heartbreaker at RAH 1970.  The bass in Wanton Song here is so incredible.  The tones he gets on those bridge parts, especially leading up to the guitar solo.  My goodness.  You can certainly see where some Zooma and Thunderthief tracks came from all those years later.  The immensity and intensity of Jones' bass playing continues to amaze me to this day.  He is without peer.

Some of my favourite Jonesy bass playing comes during the theremin freakouts during "Whole Lotta Love" on the 1973 and 1975 tours. I wish someone with the equipment and know-how would merge an hour or so (one CD's worth) of those theremin funk jams from 1973-75 and send me a copy.

Exceptional work as always!  Well done!  It’s a shame they dropped Levee from the set list, it’s pretty cool hearing it live.  It still needs some work, it’s not as tight as it probably should be, I guess I think a little more work on that one and it could have been a highlight of the tour.  Anyway, great job, and your generosity is greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I always wondered why they didn't play Levee more frequently. It's a killer song, and could really have been a centerpiece live.

Definitely Steve, When I heard it on a bootleg many years ago, it didn't sound great as a lackluster bootleg. But this sounds killer!

Many thanks for the link Steve. As has been mentioned here, such a shame that When The Levee Breaks was played so few times. Every time I hear In My Time Of Dying played live I think 'if only'.

Edited by Jukkin

26 minutes ago, Jukkin said:

As has been mentioned here, such a shame that When The Levee Breaks was played so few times. Every time I hear In My Time Of Dying played live I think 'if only'.

Agreed. I wonder what the band's thinking was around the static set lists on the latter tours? I know there was a lot of variety during the jams, but it seems like they'd want to change up the songs they played a bit just to keep themselves interested.