RIP Jeff Beck

chef free

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:04 PM, badgeholder said:

Jimmy has to show up for this. I mean, come on

I don't think so. Or he could play rhythm guitar as he did at the RARHOF induction. I'd love to see Ritchie Blackmore there, although it's practically impossible, I know he doesn't like to move around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 3:30 PM, luvlz2 said:

A Tribute To Jeff Beck With Eric Clapton And Friends - Royal Albert Hall, London - Monday, May 22, 2023

Jimmy Page conspicuous by his absence. If you had told me 20-30 years ago that Johnny Depp would play at a Jeff Beck tribute instead of Jimmy Page, I would have laughed.

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Jimmy Page conspicuous by his absence. If you had told me 20-30 years ago that Johnny Depp would play at a Jeff Beck tribute instead of Jimmy Page, I would have laughed.

Jeff had invited Jimmy to jam with him at least twice while in Japan and he flatly declined. No way Jimmy performs for Jeff now that Jeff's gone. Frankly, it seems he didn't miss much. The tribute show is a snooze, with nearly everyone sounding underrehearsed and looking terribly old. I gave up when EC presented The Yardbirds material in a slow, reggae style.   

On 5/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, SteveAJones said:

Jeff had invited Jimmy to jam with him at least twice while in Japan and he flatly declined. No way Jimmy performs for Jeff now that Jeff's gone. Frankly, it seems he didn't miss much. The tribute show is a snooze, with nearly everyone sounding underrehearsed and looking terribly old. I gave up when EC presented The Yardbirds material in a slow, reggae style.   

I still have not watched any of the footage. Just read about it. Nothing I read has inspired me to actually watch it. Eric Clunkhead has bored me for 40 years.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

I still have not watched any of the footage. Just read about it. Nothing I read has inspired me to actually watch it. Eric Clunkhead has bored me for 40 years.

Eric's playing still thrills me from time to time in a live setting, but I'd like him to explain how in the hell does performing The Yardbirds material in a reggae style pay tribute to Jeff Beck whatsoever? it was Eric who was into reggae music, not Jeff. I don't know, maybe I've just become too jaded with the whole scene. I myself seldom even listen to rock music anymore. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...